Recognition of Hostilities with Aevrum

official_announcement.png

On the 31st of August, the Sovereign League of Armed Powers requested that the Nordreich, their ally, place a sanction upon Emperor Martin Bormann of Pax Constantinople. Bormann had committed an act of treason that cannot be forgiven: they, as a member of the Sovereign Lague of Armed Powers, showed appalling amounts of cowardice and selfishness by publicly surrendering to the Imperium of Supernova X. Not only that, but they dragged the name of our good ally and friends into the gutter with an array of inaccurate and idiotic posts in the days following their surrender.

Since that day, the Nordreich has endeavoured to ensure that the sanctions placed upon Emperor Martin Boorman have remained in place.

On the 30th of November, the sanctions against Bormann were renewed. In the time between these two events, Bormann had entered peace-mode and joined the ranks of the Royal House of Aevrum. Noctis Lucis Caelum, leader of Aevrum and a Maroon team senator - courtesy only of the terms imposed upon The Templar Knights at the end of their last conflict - repeatedly removed the sanctions levied against Bormann.

Noctis made no attempt to contact the Nordreich regarding these sanctions. No attempt by Aevrum, either collectively or through an appointed representative, was made to discuss the situation with the Nordreich.

Following the most recent renewal of these sanctions, Sir Kindle threatened to become an enemy of the Reich. He accused me - the Nordreich's sanctioning senator - of meddling in Aevrum affairs, although this sanction has nothing to do with Aevrum and everything to do with supporting our ally. When called out about this by myself, he chose to have a meltdown and declare war upon three of our nations. He then ordered one of Aevrum's members, Yolo04, to post an "unauthorised" declaration of war against the Reich. Truly, the inner machinations of Sir Kindle's mind are an enigma.

Noctis attempted to backtrack by stating that this was not done with his permission, but his complicity was made crystal clear when he not only joined the conflict himself, not only against the few of our nations that are unlikely to fight back but also used nuclear weapons against these nations.

The Nordreich does not tolerate abuse of senatorial powers. The Nordreich does not tolerate infractions against her sovereignty. The Nordreich does not tolerate idle threats from children. The Nordreich does not tolerate terroristic attempts to bend her knee.

On Friday the 1st of December, Noctis Lucis Caelum was sent the following terms:

1. The Royal House of Aevrum shall publicly acknowledge its surrender to the Nordreich - and only the Nordreich -, along with the following terms, which it shall abide by.
  2. The Royal House of Aevrum shall vote, for a single round starting immediately, for Mogar of Mogatopia for Maroon team senate.
  3. The Royal House of Aevrum shall leave Maroon upon the completion of Term #2, or the start of 2018, whichever comes first. It shall not return to Maroon.
  4. The Royal House of Aevrum shall remove Sir Kindle and his ilk from its ranks. They shall not be permitted to return.
  5. The Royal House of Aevrum shall not endeavour to have the sanctions against Sir Kindle, Martin Bormann, and Chester W Nimitz removed.
  6. The Royal House of Aevrum shall pay $9,000,000 to the following:
    1. Sha Rimski Reman of Forsakena
    2. Michael Ritter of The Danish Empire
    3. Klaus Henkel of Memelland
    4. RelentlessLogic of Finland1234
    5. Witold Pilecki of Oloniec x 3
    6. Max Hoffman of Provinz Oberhessen
    7. Vigdis Finndottir of Kingdom of Iceland

And 100 technology to the following:
    1. Dragster of winukka
    2. Kosola of Finnlands
    3. Baron Zemo of Nordenstrom
    4. Latexi of HUEHUEHUE
    5. Chiftelos of Zdubia
    6. Trebs of Trebs
    7. BlackDragon of Kingdom of Broadring
    8. Oberherr Xenu of Niflhel
    9. BurtenJay of eXcessiveAgression
  7. 7. The Royal House of Aevrum shall remove their current flag, which features the coat of arms of a Nordic state that is recognised as a part of Nordland. They shall replace it with the flag of their choice, though it will not contain an emblem sourced from a state that is considered to be a part of Nordland.

We in the Nordreich considered these terms to be fair and just. They were rejected. As such, as is tradition, the Nordreich shall burn Aevrum to the ground. The boots of the Wehrmacht shall grind Aevrum into a fine paste, and that paste shall be used to fertilise the soil that they have dared step upon. Aevrum shall beg for mercy, and it shall receive harsher and harsher terms as time passes by, or it shall be destroyed.

PS: No "sanction war" has been engaged. Chester W Nimitz of Romance Portucale was sanctioned as a part of the efforts to bring Martin Bormann of Pax Constantinople to justice. Sir Kindle of New American Kingdom was sanctioned due to his childish, irresponsible behaviour. Noctis is free not to sanction any of our nations, and deciding to do so during this conflict will be his choice alone. A choice that would, of course, make the terms even worse for his alliance further down the line.

Edited by Keysariyt Hanssen

Once more for posterity's sake, as it is as relevant as ever in this thread. Just so any misconceptions and fallacies may be cleared up. 

Noctis, your inability or unwillingness to remove Kindle from your Alliance shows to the world that you are either complicit in his ignorant attempts at Diplomacy, or you are flat out inept at leadership. Your impotence of control is evident, regardless. It is inexplicably obvious what happened here, and your attempts at washing away the rumours are futile at best. Simply put: you lost all control of your alliance, and you're choosing the cowardly way "out" of this political fiasco by claiming that, because you are in mild agreement with what the perpetrators did, you will "allow" it to go on; giving the pitifully hilarious illusion that you have even a modicum of control over the situation. You can make these casuistry posts all day long, but you will change the minds of precisely nobody, as the reality of the situation is simply too obvious to ignore. 

As far as "fighting to the death" and "fighting until you guys give up", I find these statements to be delusions of grandeur from an impotent, priggish individual that still wishes to prove he has control over an Alliance that sees him as a speedbump to their own objectives. 

Let me break down why you acting sanctimonious in this whole debacle is downright pathetic: 

1. Instead of removing the individuals that usurped your power, you chose to keep them around. (You kicked Yolo, but he has returned to your AA twice since, meaning you did not ban him; so you're either complicit or flat out inept)
  2. When you escalated the conflict by declaring on us, you only declared on nations that had an absolute minimal military, are less than a month old, and were inactive at the time. 
  3. You're actually nuking these aforementioned nations. 

The last two points really underscore how truly pitiful your actions are. There were 3 active nations within your range when you declared, and you ignored them. You stated otherwise elsewhere, but you're being untruthful for the sake of covering up the fact that you declared with the utmost cowardice. You're only going after our truly least capable members, and are resorting to using nuclear weapons in a bid to destroy them. Meanwhile, once this all ends with your surrender, which it will; these nations will receive aid from the rest of the Reich, and be far up and out of your putrid range in no time. Hilariously enough, your wars against our absolute lowest tier set us back by 10 days at most. Congratulations; your wartime methodology is just as ineffective as your general attempts at diplomacy. 

As far as attempting to justify all of this by claiming the sanction against Bormann was a casus belli of sorts, you could not possibly be more fallacious. 

1. The sanction existed well before you gained a Senate Seat (a seat you were given; not one you earned).
  2. The sanction was put in place for absolutely justifiable reasons.
  3. You removed the sanction without contacting a single other Senator with regards to the sanction's validity.
  4. Despite repeated re-sanctioning, you continued to remove the sanction. 
  5. We, the Nordreich, did not provoke anyone into doing anything. Again, the sanction existed long before you gained the Senate Seat.

Given that the sanction was in-place prior to your meritless acquisition of the Senate seat, your repeated removal of the sanction is actually a legitimate casus belli for everyone else involved. Your attempts at turning this around to justify a war against us are a logical fallacy; a straw man at best. 

All in all, this is a pitifully inefficient war escalated by an inept individual that claims to hold all the cards whilst systematically proving otherwise. You wars against our lower tier are statistically useless, and accentuate your lack of general knowledge of how we, or anyone else that isn't completely comprised of minimal tier nations, operate. You can claim "death to Nordreich" all you want; but when a resounding 91% of our nations are outside of your range, and your only two relevant nations not in PM are getting slaughtered, your words are categorically meaningless. 

PS: Your attempt at driving a stake between the Reich and Non Grata over a Senate Seat gave us all a good laugh. If you can't figure out why, then the chorus of cackling grows louder. 

With Regards,

Kristjan Laidoner

Reichsmarschall

Nordreich

3 minutes ago, Keysariyt Hanssen said:

Their sanctions were just and fair. Nobody is sympathetic to your cause. Nobody cares how you believe you or anyone else in Aevrum have been mistreated.

Burn.

You're the one who put a lot of time into a big thread OP to list your grievances with us, so you seem to care more than me. We'll see you on the battlefield. Even if you've already called in help from Nights Watch, SLAP, RIA & aNiMaLz; I don't care.

Asking for so much help shows how much you felt was needed to try winning.

I care not for your mistaken belief that you are in any way relevant to anything that happens on Planet Bob. I care about setting the record straight for our allies and friends.

Only one of the four alliances you stated were called in by the Reich. The Reich, however, is not one to turn away willing volunteers.

You are meaningless and worthless. If you have not learnt this by now, you will learn it by the end of the conflict.

1 hour ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

You're the one who put a lot of time into a big thread OP to list your grievances with us, so you seem to care more than me. We'll see you on the battlefield. Even if you've already called in help from Nights Watch, SLAP, RIA & aNiMaLz; I don't care.

Are they asking for help or are people just attacking you because of who you are?, i have tried to help you but you are digging this hole faster and faster.

1 hour ago, Noctis Lucis Caelum said:

I can verify that Nights Watch (Devils Brigade) was not asked to enter by Nordreich, SLAP or any other party currently involved. 

(OOC) on holiday ATM and wasn’t planning to comment on these matters more than I had, but this is just too good. (/ooc)

Noctis, the irony of a guy who once posted “public trial of immortan junka” complaining about long threads with accusations is lost on no one, although this is rather more readable.

by the same logic as you used here Oculus is super pathetic because they called you in to help with a 40 nation AA.

Nordreich’s offered terms seem to be honestly quite reasonable, given the repeated actions of yourself and a few of your members.

o/ NoR

o/ RIA

o/ misc.

Welcome to dealing with Methrage, Nordreich.  Your words of reason will be wasted.

I was sympathetic to him in his dealings with GOONs.  Couldn't see why he irritated them so.  Why not just leave him alone?

Then I had my own dealings with him, and I remember Ken Morningstar (or maybe Sardonic, I can't recall) PM'd me with a simple phrase:  "Now you understand."  And he was right.

And now YOU understand.

But allow me to tell you how this end:  you will reduce him to a level to where you can no longer hit him.  Not only is he no longer a threat, but it is impossible to hit him, and too much trouble and effort for you to bother anymore, so you will move on.  He grovels in the private channel, but boasts endlessly of the OWF.  And because you never got him to say the words "I surrender" -- because the mechanics of this world don't allow occupation occupation of a defeated nation -- he will fly the "Undefeated because I never surrendered" flag. Maybe even claim victory. He may actually even believe it.  

I'm just telling you your rational explanations and reasoning are basically for the OWF audience, NOT Meth.  If not, you are wasting your time here.  Whether the it's the greatest IC performance ever -- or true delusion -- is really irrelevant.  The show is the show, and it will go on.  

On 12/3/2017 at 12:23 PM, SirWilliam said:

Time to take out the trash, NoR? Good call and have fun, although I should warn you from experience that they're all bark and no bite so this may prove to be a bit underwhelming of an endeavor.

Respectfully I disagree with this to an extent. They themselves are not "powerful" however...too many people choose to fund them. 

45 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

Respectfully I disagree with this to an extent. They themselves are not "powerful" however...too many people choose to fund them. 

I see no direct aid right now. Though they have tech deals with allies UCR and LSF. I've always thought that tech deals should be suspended during a war, I suppose its up to NoR if they want to pursue this. There are some other sporadic tech deals in there too, FAN has a couple I see, I see one GLOF.

I'm not sure if you know, but the actions that caused this war caused much of Aevrum's protection to be rescinded.... Not sure the state of all their treaties right now.

EDIT:

looks like i missed this 

Edited by MaineGOP

The Devil's Brigade was not requested by Nordreich to enter into the conflict. We did so for three reasons, thus:

1. I get to once again pummel your alliance.
2. Nordreich is an ally to Non Grata, our new treaty partner. We wanted to celebrate the new treaty by helping out one of their friends.
3. I like Nordreich almost as much as I like pummeling your alliance.