Held now within the knowing; Rest now within the peace. Take of the fruit, but guard the seed.

aos4jwB.gif

The following terms of peace shall be considered in effect into the foreseeable future, unless noted otherwise per term.

For the purposes of this agreement, “alliances at war” are defined as those alliances at war with Kashmir and Last Call. Those alliances are: NpO, CA, LN, The Senate and People of Oculus, NoR, Fark, and Cowboys.

For the sake of these terms and their enforcement, “Kashmir” is defined as any alliance that calls itself “Kashmir” or any alliance at any time where one or more of the following is true:

• SirWilliam or Margrave, and any one or more other current government of Kashmir, are alliance government.
  • The membership is reasonably estimated to be composed of at least 40% current members of Kashmir AND has within its government one current mid to high gov member.
  • The alliance or affiliation is reasonably thought to be controlled by Kashmir (present or future), such as Devil’s Brigade and Cobra.

Peace is considered to be established upon the completion of the following:

1. The posting of these terms, completely and unmodified, to the OWF as their own thread.
  2. Jack Layton posts within the first five posts of the peace announcement thread, or as his own topic on the OWF, the following:
    1. Individually acknowledges LN, Monsters Inc, and Confederatio Aesir as legitimate alliances.
    2. Further, on behalf of Devil’s Brigade/War Jesus and COBRA and any of their current or future iterations, acknowledges the same.
  3. SirWilliam, acting as Margrave's proxy, posts within the first ten posts of the peace announcement thread, or as his own topic on the OWF, acknowledgement of Caustic’s superior intellect and wit.
  4. The alliances at war individually observe 1 through 4 of this section, and announce peace to their members. This will be completed within twenty-four hours of 2 and 3’s completion.

The following terms apply to Kashmir, as defined above, and are implied to be agreed upon per their posting to the OWF:

1. No raids will be justified on any nation selling tech to the bloc currently known as Oculus, to Non Grata, or to the New Polar Order, or any of their direct allies.
    1. Should a raid occur, the raiding alliance will become indebted to whatever debt was owed by the raided tech seller. Tech will be due within 72 hours of when the tech seller would have been able to send said tech.
    2. This term will be enforced by threat of war.
  2. No raids will be justified on any nation or alliance affiliation protected by any current alliance at war with Kashmir.
    1. Should this happen, Kashmir government should take initiative and immediately notify the offended alliance, if they have not yet received notification themselves. The two alliances are encouraged to come to terms between themselves. If no terms can be agreed upon, see 2.2
    2. This term will be enforced by threat of war.

The following terms apply to Kashmir and Last Call, and are implied to be agreed upon per its posting to the OWF:

1. Individuals who joined the alliance on or after 14 April, 2016 are considered by the alliances at war to have opportunistically attacked instead of attacking us honorably.
    1. Said nations will be treated as members of their respective alliances, and are expected to behave as members of those alliances.
    2. Said nations will be expected to remain on their respective AA for six months, to start upon establishment of peace.
    3. Said nations with 10K+ tech will be held at war for three rounds, after which their six months will begin.They are: Caliph, Supreme Emperor Deag
    4. Further, upon LC request, Saphyre and John C will remain at war alongside the aforementioned nations.
  2. Kashmir, Last Call, and/or any receiving alliance of a violator will not be held responsible for a member’s violation of their terms unless:
    1. The violation of these terms is reasonably believed to be backed by the offending alliance.
      1. The alliances at war recognize that alliances not currently listed as being bound by the peace terms cannot reasonably be bound by these peace terms. The receiving alliance will be spoken with in a diplomatic fashion. Common diplomacy will be used to attempt to rectify the situation.
    2. An alliance has performed an action which is reasonably interpreted to be a means of circumventing these terms.
Edited by SirWilliam

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now, a personal statement!

There's something to be said about what can be seen as consistency, but there's also something to be said about knowing when an action simply isn't worth the effort. Kashmir sees a lot, even if we're not always so quick to impose our opinions on others; consider our silence refusal to empower the !@#$posters. We've grown so much!

Alas I can't ignore it altogether. The simpletons among us claim that Kashmir was tapping out within a week (we weren't), that Margrave stepped down out of shame (he didn't), and that paperlessness failed us (nope). The path we took was never about dodging war, about escaping it unscathed, or about winning every engagement. The path we took was very much about doing things on our own terms - no terms! - and about personally avoiding the conflicting, needless nature of the treaty web. Whether rooted in paper or simply in spirit the result would have been the same: LC and PPO would have had our backs and NSO would have pledged assistance in the rebuild.

Where exactly am I going with this? Who the $%&@ knows. Should probably stick to thanking LC and PPO (and SRA), you have our sincerest gratitude. We couldn't ask for better friends. Props to Saphyre and John Churchill especially for sticking to their guns.

Also have to give a shout-out to UZIgrl, you worked tirelessly to secure us all an amicable peace (it's verbose but it's far from punitive or unreasonable). Thank you to the members of Kashmir and COBRA - the legitimate COBRA and not the multiple pretenders to the throne - for your sacrifices and loyalty. I love you all.

On a final note, acting as Margrave's proxy, posting within the first ten posts of the peace announcement thread, I acknowledge Caustic’s intellect and wit. In many ways, and compared to many folks, it's very much superior. Honest!

1 hour ago, SirWilliam said:
  • Individuals who joined the alliance on or after 14 April, 2016 are considered by the alliances at war to have opportunistically attacked instead of attacking us honorably.
    1. Said nations
    2. Said nations will be treated as members of their respective alliances, and are expected to behave as members of those alliances.
    3. will be expected to remain on their respective AA for six months, to start upon establishment of peace.
    4. Said nations with 10K+ tech will be held at war for three rounds, after which their six months will begin.They are: Caliph, Supreme Emperor Deag
    5. Further, upon LC request, Saphyre and John C will remain at war alongside the aforementioned nations.

What a relief!  I was concerned that all the individuals who joined Last Call after Doom Kingdom disbanded would be accused of acting honorably... "friends over infra" generally being considered "honorable."  Thankfully, this should take care of anyone accusing me of teaching the DK boys and girls anything close to honor. 

I would also like to thank the "alliances at war" for including #3 above.  I agree entirely.  My guess is that the people who went over there do as well.  It has nothing to do with "honor" mind you, but about being invited back for the next big party.  If one gets the benefits of a wild and crazy bar fight, one should stick around and help clean up.  Otherwise why would anyone invite the person to the next one?  

-------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats on peace Last Call and Kashmir.  Thanks to everyone for making the war one of reasonable length.

14 minutes ago, USMC123 said:

Forcing terms regarding LN, CA, etc and the 6 months thing is pretty !@#$ Oculus.

Well NSO could have, you know, defended their ally. But that would have been even more outrages

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

2 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Agreed. But, I didn't expect better. Especially after the chat with Caustic the other night. 

He is like that with everybody. I went to apply to be an NGer and Caustic denied it on the spot

22 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Agreed. But, I didn't expect better. Especially after the chat with Caustic the other night. 

I grasp the point of "herp a derp if we act evil we'll get people wanting to roll us!" but unless the treaty web drastically changes that will never occur, entirely due to those who are seeking there to be an opposition in the first place but unwilling to actually turn against those they dislike yet are allied to, kind of ironic.

Edited by Mogar

48 minutes ago, USMC123 said:

Forcing terms regarding LN, CA, etc and the 6 months thing is pretty !@#$ Oculus.

Well, the LN, CA etc. term is sort of "meh", because forced respect, like a forced apology, is pretty transparent -- more of a joke term than anything else, like the "Caustic's wit" term, although it does pay an homage to the original CB.

The 6 month things seems over the top in conjunction with the 3 additional rounds.  I see the point -- to guarantee the "honor" of the nations who entered from DK.  A more thoughtful way might have been to say that if the do leave before 6 months is up, then they owe the 3 rounds.  But the terms seem a little "data heavy" as it is --  I mean you have to follow up on on this stuff, which requires work.  That is a wordy set of terms, with a math component. Somebody somewhere has to be keeping a spreadsheet, which seems like a pain, so maybe they were trying to avoid more of that, although they still have to track the six month thing regardless.  In any case, I doubt Oculus is concerning themselves much with the PR aspect of things.

I'm very unhappy that LC wasn't allowed to finish those 3 rounds as an alliance, but all in all, a fun war.

On the way out though, I noticed that my opponents, NG'ers especially did not use the provided ash trays or coasters making significantly more cleanup required than necessary.   In the future, please try and be considerate of those declaring after you.

Thank you.