Acts of Terrorism

PaxGifBanner_zpsbfbc074b.gif

I got out of bed this morning and was going about my usual thing when I decide to look at my nation and my alliance. That's what a chief does, right? Makes sure things are going well before she even breaks her fast. What do I see but 41 wars. Now, Pax Corvus has always been a peaceful alliance. It is a part of what we stand for and even part of our name. 

So my next step, is of course here. I am looking for a declaration of war/hostilities. Because, well, 41 wars is not a raid by anyone's definition. I'm looking to see what someone thinks we have done. Have we spied on someone? Stepped on someone's toes? Harbored a traitor to another alliance? And what do I see? Nothing.

So my only conclusion is that these are acts of terrorism, with the only goal to bring terror to the people of Pax Corvus.

So be it. Just because we believe that war is not the answer does not mean we will lay down and die.

Bealtaine bhfuil na déithe trócaire ar an anamacha na ndaoine a glacadh sceimhle.
(May the gods have mercy on the souls of those who embrace terror. )

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DBDC are just bored because they allied everyone in their NS range and only have neutrals left, and nobody cared about Cuba's ridiculous proposal.

Good luck in the fight. Though I imagine in a couple days they will state no more wars will be declared and pretend to be the good guys taking the moral high ground. Don't fall for it too hard. These guys are nothing more than griefers. I hope the alliances that sanction their members attacking neutrals - such as DT, Javahouse League, etc, don't support their participation in this. You are attaching yourself to actions like this. All alliances allied to these clowns are sanctioning their actions as well. I remember when doing stuff like this would get you dropped and isolated by everyone. I guess everyone is so interested in sucking up to high NS nations that we now allow stuff like this.

I'm no fan of neutrals - but just leave them alone.

Edited by Starfox101

Pax is getting rolled.

My response: 

meh

Let us punish DBDC by attacking their allies, that will show them!

See you in a few hours. 

Being the #8 alliance comes with its privileges.

Classy responses from IRON. Sign a treaty and Samus becomes the biggest tryhard out there.

Edited by Starfox101

Classy responses from IRON. Sign a treaty and Samus becomes the biggest tryhard out there.

Not in IRON anymore, do not bunch me in that category. 

Edited by duelking

Not a log, a direct copy and paste:

<Cerridwyn[PAX]> hello
<Generalchow> sup?
<Cerridwyn[PAX]> i don't know, what is up?
<Generalchow> Well currently we are raiding your lower tier
<Cerridwyn[PAX]> yes, i know
<Generalchow> but not warring unless you guys attack us
<Generalchow> ?
<Cerridwyn[PAX]> and it's not a raid in my opinion, see the owf and my comments about your lords and masters
<Generalchow> We have no issue with pax corvus
<Generalchow> SoD is only raiding unless given reason otherwise, preferably we don't have to make this nuclear
<Generalchow> do we have a agreement?
<Cerridwyn[PAX]> nope
<Generalchow> damn we just finished nuking TDO
<Generalchow> why do you guys never learn
<Cerridwyn[PAX]> just because i am peaceful doesn't mean i will roll over and play dead

I like you DuelKing, but don't understand the appeal in joining a DBDC satellite.

I could try and raid on the 'None' AA, but that would mean people can hit me too. I prefer to raid and be attacked by nations associating with the person I am raiding, not random people who assume me to be a simple raid target myself. 

There are not many alliances who allow mass raiding. Plus Hershey and I have a good thing going, and no one will come between our nations. 

All I know is that we nuke anyone who raids us or our allies.

<Generalchow> SoD is only raiding unless given reason otherwise, preferably we don't have to make this nuclear

The fun thing about raiders is that they were always really dumb. Edited by Schattenmann

Best wishes, Pax Corvus! The nice thing about being neutral here is that you don't have to ask anyone's permission to go whole hog. Work the LOA angle and have OBR t-bone TJL since its government is attacking you.

Edited by Schattenmann

DBDC are just bored because they allied everyone in their NS range and only have neutrals left, and nobody cared about Cuba's ridiculous proposal.

Quite the contrary, sir.  My proposal was actually shown prior to posting to every neutral alliance it would have affected, and received almost unanimous support from everyone, including Pax Corvus.  The only ridiculous action was the poor work ethic shown by Admin Andromeda who shut it down prematurely because it presumably would either be too exploitable or more likely be too much work to code in such a sweeping change.  

To Cerridwyn and Pax Corvus:

Your response is very rational and exactly what anyone would expect under a circumstance you had no idea was coming.  It is tragic that this happened to you? There is absolutely no disputing that.  Is it going to end well for anyone? Not likely. Do you deserve this fate? Doubtful. Could it have been avoided? Without a shadow of a doubt.  I personally worked for many hours, days even, to find a way to do this in a way that harmed no one, but ultimately there is a stalemate in the top 250, and if it must come to attacks, that's not an option DBDC will shy away from.   

No DoW has been posted, nor should there be.  This is not a formal declaration of war, and we don't harbor any ill will towards Pax Corvus (at least not yet).  We only notified our own allies about this within hours of it happening.  This is neither a war on neutrality nor is it meant to be taken personally by the members of Pax Corvus, several of which I have gotten to know on a personal basis.  Obviously waking up to 52 new messages in your inbox won't go a long way towards long-term diplomatic relations, and we know that.

The bottom line is we respect the concept of neutrality and fully appreciate your right to declare to the world that you will not interject yourself into political matters or military situations.  We also feel very strongly of your right to coexist and play the game in whatever manner you want to play it.  However, this is a war-based game when it needs to be, and your political stance did not impact our decision to declare our wars on you.  You are quite capable of defending yourself, as you noted in your opening statement, and plan to do so.  That is the most rational and straightforward response we could ask for.

We look forward to clashing on the battlefield, and hopefully can maintain some form of open communication while we fulfill Garion's wish of losing our pixels with haste.