The Union for Sphere Stability on Red

Letum

header.png

The Union for Sphere Stability on Red

The Red Sphere has historically had one of the most harmonious existences of any sphere, and the undersigned alliances to hereby pay homage to that peaceful existence and seek to continue it by enacting the following articles. The Supreme Soviet of the Red Sphere (hereafter referred to as "Senate") is hereby established and shall be ruled under the following articles.

Article I - From Each According to his Abilities, to Each According to his Needs
The New Pacific Order will hereafter limit itself to only possessing three out of the five seats on the new Senate. Invicta will receive one of the seats and the fifth seat shall be given to the Union of Communist Republics. This agreement can be altered upon mutual agreement of all signatories should another alliance be invited to join this Pact

Article II - Not One Step Back
All of the undersigned parties hereby agree that the best interests of as many of the nations of the Red Sphere as possible shall be taken into account when making a decision affecting the entire Red Sphere. The Red Sphere Senate shall never be authorized as a means to wage war on any of the undersigned parties, except against rogues. The Senate shall not act on any "team proposals" without discussion between the undersigned parties. It shall continue to deal with rogues, sanctioning, and Senate Messaging as it did before the enlargement of the Senate.

Article III - We Will Bury Them
The signatories affirm that they have an interest in the mutual prosperity and stability of the Red Team, and it is therefore their right to fight alongside each other if they so wish. Operation of the Red Sphere Senate is only to be considered valid through the context of this Union. Any acts made by nations not mandated or authorized by this Union are considered void by the signatories. The undersigned alliances shall do everything in their power to safeguard and protect the Red Senate for external threats and reserve the right to collaborate in resisting any Red Senate actions not authorized by the Union.

Article IV - The Great Purge
Should one of the signatories be acting in gross negligence and be in dereliction of their duties as a partner in this Union, the other parties may vote them out of the Union through a unanimous vote, after the accused party is given the opportunity to explain their reasoning behind the above stated actions in a planned meeting of all parties.

Article V - Amendments
This arrangement can be re-examined with the consent of all signatories in the event of changes in the number of senators available or in the event of large-scale changes in the make-up of the Red Sphere. The parties to this Union may amend it with the unanimous consent of all parties.

invicta.png
Signed for Invicta:

/s/ Ellis, President
/s/ Learz, Vice President of Invicta, Senior Commissar of Broccoli, and Survivor of the Snoo-Snoo Apocalypse
/s/ President Gunn of Acturea, Secretary of Red Services
/s/ xR1, Minister of Foreign Affairs
/s/ KiWi, A Kiwi
/s/ Contra, Minister of War
/s/ Jon32492 Minister of Internal Affairs, I had something funny to say here, I promise. I just forgot what it was. 
/s/ Thrash, I did some work

npo.png
Signed for the New Pacific Order:

Letum,
Emperor of the New Pacific Order
Dungeon Master of Order

Frawley,
Imperial Regent of the New Pacific Order

Necoho,
Imperial Officer of Foreign Affairs of the New Pacific Order

SeasonsofLove,
Imperial Officer of Foreign Affairs of the New Pacific Order

ucr.png
Signed for the Union of Communist Republics:

Killinginnocent - Premier
RA2Leader - Commissar of Defence
AkkenNovikov - Commissar of Finance
Trajanax - Commissar of Internal Affairs

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see this doesn't include the only red sphere alliance that matters, SRA.  :(

God bless ya for noticing.

The Screaming Red Asses were indeed offered a spot in this sphere of unity, but after discussions with an NPO representative decided that it wasn't something we wished to sign.

Our thought was that either:

1) We just let democracy take it's course, and let the chips fall where they may.  Whomever gets elected, gets elected.  If we do not like what they do, we elect someone else, leave the sphere, or deal with it. Y'know -- embrace democracy

OR

2) If there is a desire to control the Red Senate to assure representation of all, we adopt a plan wherein each of the five Red alliances automatically get a seat: NPO, Invicta, SRA, KofN, and one from the Die Linke Bloc.  This level of control would assure that all alliances are represented equally in senate decisions and ensure cooperation -- it takes three to pass a vote. This apparently garnered no traction.

The current set up, to us, seemed only to assure an NPO voting majority in the senate in exchange for eliminating problems that seemed rather unlikely to occur, in our estimation.

That said, we appreciated the chance to be a part of this, even though we declined.  NPO has had the voting majority in the Red Senate  since we can remember, and so far we have not had an issue.  Screaming Red Ass members will continue to exercise their right to vote for the candidates they wish to represent them, regardless of AA, and expect that if they gain enough votes, that member will be present on the Red Senate, regardless of AA. The Red Team can expect us to abide peacefully with the the decisions made by the Red Senate, whether our candidate gains that seat or not.

Seems like a reasonable enough position from my vantage point -- if it was perceived as "not willing to work together" by our Red Team cohorts, that is unfortunate.  I think we're actually pretty easy to work with, unless "easy to work with" means "agree with our plan without question."

o/ Red Team

good to see this posted..

To those who think this is NPO exerting control of red, get a grip. While there's no love lost between us, I hardly see some dastardly deed being done by them as it would affect them also.

Edited by Thrash

good to see this posted..

To those who think this is NPO exerting control of red, get a grip. While there's no love lost between us, I hardly see some dastardly deed being done by them as it would affect them also.

I am not saying this is dastardly.  I am saying that by signing this, you are agreeing to guarantee  therm the majority vote in the Red Senate.  They are not exerting control -- you are ceding control to them via treaty.  It WILL most certainly affect them -- by ensuring they control each and every senate vote.  If I am wrong here, please correct me -- but did you not just sign a treaty guaranteeing them a majority in the Red Senate?

Did they not also come to us to see how we wanted to vote on the proposals? Yeah, thought so.

Nothing is different from the arrangement we had before, except now we have to talk to each more often to figure out which crap to vote on.

But, feel free to put your tin foil hat on and think that something bad is going to happen to everyone on Red except NPO.

You were invited, you declined. If you had specific reasons for declining, you should have made people aware of it and your concerns could be alleviated.

Edited by Thrash

Since he won't bother I'll go ahead and answer your question, Walshington: They did.  :)

You're strong-willed so I don't need to tell you this but ignore the passive-aggressiveness, you're doing what's right by you and that's allllll that matters.