Presentation of the 2013 CN Awards

Unknown Smurf

Hello and welcome to yet another exciting presentation of the CN Awards! It's just about time to dive right in, but first I'd like to give acknowledgement to Sigelopisan in that dress! Simply stunning! 

While we wait for them to get set up a little feel free to review the 2012 and 2011 awards to see how things may have changed!

r1RudK3.png

Alliance of the Year: DoomBird DoomCave

There is no doubt here. This alliance has single-handedly altered the landscape of Bob by making huge impacts on how wars are fought (military), how tech is imported (economics) and how spheres of power extend beyond treaties (politics). Well won and well deserved.  

Most Powerful Alliance: DoomBird DoomCave

Going hand in hand with Alliance of the year as we have seen in years past is most powerful alliance. But unlike other years, the power is not centered in soft (political) power this time. The power is real, and DBDC knows how to wield it. They single-handedly kept dozens upon dozens of top tier nations in peace mode! 

Best Military: DoomBird DoomCave

This power is emphasized by the alliance with the best military, DBDC. Single nukes have done more damage than entire alliances! Imagine if they were fully unleashed! I would also like to give a shout-out to my alliance for getting second place here! :)

Best Rookie Alliance: DoomBird DoomCave

Oh no they didn't!? Oh yes, they did. They achieved all of this in (less than) one year! That's right, DBDC is also a rookie alliance! Don't be fooled though, their membership and government are seasoned veterans. This is not a new grouping you can hoodwink.

Most Powerful Bloc: Aztec

Recently adding a new member, Aztec has found itself in the center of power. They have a tie to DBDC, and alone control SIXTY-SEVEN 100k NS+ nations. Not to mention, they have been able to stand tall and consolidate their power as alliances all around them, on both sides, have been victims of mutually assured destruction. Well, maybe except Valhalla and NPO (sorry, couldn't resist :P ) 

hXjUaJP.gif

Best Flag: Mushroom Kingdom/Mushqaeda

Here we see the triumphant return of the alliance that has dominated these awards in the past! And I must admit, I do miss them, because for as many awards they won, they had a new flag! Here we see some of their their tried and true, main flags. 

Most Active Alliance: DoomBird DoomCave

Well how can you run the world without activity? Without a doubt this category also goes to DBDC.

Most Honorable Alliance: Siberian Tiger Alliance

This was a tough race, one of our closest voting results and the category with the most nominations! Which is fair as there were many alliances that did many honorable things this year, but the winner is STA! They have a history of defending their allies against insurmountable odds and they never complain! Congratulations, well deserved! 

Best Economic System: New Pacific Order

Pfft. Banks! They said, but now with the "new" supertier nations. Banks become a necessity! A large nation can no longer waste aid slots sending money out for technology if they wish to remain relevant, so banks pay tech sellers in exchange for a continuous tech input into their larger nations! The NPO has the best system of banks that has held together despite the test of time and they are awarded for that with this award.

Best Recruiting Staff: R&R

Are the rest of you even trying? 4 years straight and countless survivor victories later, the champ reigns supreme.

Best Propagandist: D34th

Speaking of reigning supreme, we've got a repeat winner in D34th for his beautiful artwork. This war, without MK propoganda to fuel him, D34th has been limited in his artwork but, even still, the award remains with him. Congratulations once again.

Scariest Alliance: DoomBird DoomCave

Was there any question of this? Their average NS is a full 100k ahead of the 2nd place alliance, and more than DOUBLE the third place alliance*!

* = with more than one member (Old Guard)

Best Alliance Growth: Dark Templar

These guys have always been a solid alliance to have around, but recently their growth has exploded! They have secured many sellers on the DT probes AA and it shows! Congratulations on the sanction!

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130920031735/cybernations/images/4/45/MushqaedaFlag.png

Best War Flag: Mushqaeda

Best flag and best war flag, I think it's safe to say MK is the Flag Kingdom. Though I guess some would like say they are that minus the L. :P

Best Forums: Mushroom Kingdom & Non Grata

We have a tie here for best forums, and I can't say I am surprised. Both alliances have great forums as well as a great community to keep them entertaining! If it were up to me, I'd have to give it to MK though, sorry NG! Bros is just a forum God!

Alliance Most Likely to Succeed in 2014: The Order of the Paradox

Going into voting I always thought of TOP as the underdog here with so many people (publicly) calling for their blood! But the voters have spoken, and have agreed, TOPs knack for politics will take them places next this year!

Most Immoral Alliance: Mushqaeda

Oh no MQ! How do you sleep at night!? Attacking neutrals!? For shame.

Most Controversial Alliance: Mushqaeda

Well when you attack a pacifist alliance, you tend to take a hit in the moral department. No surprises in the winner here! But IRON was a close second and I must admit it surprised me how close they were to walking away with this one. Going hand in hand with the question of morality is a wee bit of controversy. Congratulations!

Player of the Year: CubaQuerida

Most Powerful Player: CubaQuerida

The player of the year award goes to the poster child of the alliance of the year of course! As does the most powerful nation in the most powerful alliance! Congratulations l0c0. Please don't nuke me.  :frantic:

Best Alliance Leader: Stewie

There were many candidates for best alliance leader, and many of them must be good leaders, otherwise they wouldn't be nominated. But this year we had two people nominated for this category that aren't alliance leaders, Hereno and Stewie. The former got the least amount of votes and the latter got the most! Go figure. Congratulations Stewie!

Most Controversial Player: Brehon

After winning Player of the Year, Most Powerful Player, Best Alliance Leader and Player Most Likely to Achieve Greatness in 2013, Brehon really flipped the script this year and decided to go for a bit of controversy! I can't say I disapprove, it's a bit boring without controversy. So in the spirit of Brehon, $%&@ you every other alliance.

Best Player Sig: Samus

Samus created these really awesome and nifty sigs that track your damage and stuff on CN and therefore is well-deserving of this award! It's pretty sweet, check it out! 

Best Player Avatar: Stewie

Awww! Of course stewie wins the avatar award who can resist an adorable little baeebiee! *Swoons*

Best Poster: Stewie

Well there must not be much competition when a baby wins :colbert:  -_-

Nicest Player: Bambi

This is my favorite category. Much of the time the nice person is underappeciated, well not today! Thanks for being awesome Bambi! Except for the whole, you know, not saving your mother from the deer hunter bit  :P

Funniest Player: Rey the Great

Some would say that he only deserves this if you count laughing at him as comedy, but I would argue that the first step of comedic genius is being able to laugh at oneself. Congrats Rey, we're all laughing with you, I promise.

Most Active Player: Mogar

Seriously though. I'm worried about posting the tally of votes as first reply before Mogar posts. 

Player Most Likely to Achieve Greatness in 2014: Stewie

Clearly good looks and posting will take Stewie places! 

Best New Addition to the Community: Samus

Well I was recently informed that he has been here forever.. I guess I didn't notice him until he made these awesome sigs! Sorry Samus, but congratulations on your new-found notoriety at least!

Most Hated Poster: Tywin Lannister

Seriously stop encouraging him. He got second place in best new addition to community. What the $%&@ guys. 

Best Declaration of War (Alliance Topic): Mushqaeda DoW

Sudden and unexpected, the best type of DoW! I wish they did it while they were still an alliance and put some treaties to the test though! Too much time is spent analyzing wars before declaring them, imo! If more people just attacked, the world would be a better place. 

Best Wall of Text: RushSykes ranks top 80 alliances

Unfortunately Kaskus was barely in the top 80 when Rush started this and we fell below that due to the war and we weren't included, but I enjoyed the views on other alliances! I do believe you have yet to finish the top 80 though old man! What happened, you forget!?  :laugh:

Best OWF Topic: Amazing Sanction Race

Never a doubt in anyones mind, the ASR wins once again! Gopher, you are doing great work!

Biggest Controversy: IRONs decision not to honor MDoAP with NG in WotO

Damn it RON. Why do you have to find your I!? 

Funniest Event: Sparta DoW on GOONS without anyone in Sparta knowing

I have no words. I like a bunch of people in Sparta, but I'm sorry. That was hilarious!

Most Entertaining IRC Channel: #nongrata

Come check it out. We talk about very interesting things all the time. Two most recent topics as of this posting: (1) David Frei is getting old and (2) Cat/Gun Safety! What more could you want?

Best Treaty Announcement: TOP/NpO Treaty

It caught a lot of people off guard and really shook things up! Well deserved.

Worst Diplomatic Move: IRON/NG/LoSS situation
Biggest controversy was caused by the worst diplomatic move. No surprise there. 

Best Player Quote: "An attack on one is an attack on all"  
Honestly not sure what the context of this is? DBDC said if you attack their dual membership AA people then all of DBDC can attack you? I guess something to do with coalition warfare things, but I don't read any thread that is longer than a couple pages. Meh. I cba to find out.

MQ6kpTB.jpg
Largest E-Peen: Stewie
I guess he knows he's going to achieve greatness in 2014! He's like hansel from zoolander, and he knows it. 

Best Villain: DoomBird DoomCave

This one actually surprised me. But I guess with great power comes those who want to take your power which creates a vilification of you? 

Most Missed Player (Player that has gone inactive/quit): Xiphosis

Where'd you go? We miss you so. Sometimes it feels like forever, that you've been gone. But then you log on IRC every other day so.. idk.

Best WaterCooler Thread: Girl Does not like me

I can't say I venture into the water cooler often, and I haven't seen this thread but if I would have to take a guess I would imagine it has something to do with Sardonic considering his famous quote, "Sardonic[GOONS]: I wish I understood girls like I did the treaty web"

Most Improved: Sparta

They won a war! And they did it by not being carried by other alliances (actually carrying others according to some reports). Congratulations.

Oh Thank God this is done. 

Edited by Unknown Smurf

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alliance of the Year:
28 | DBDC
20 | New Polar Order
14 | TOP
13 | BF1
13 | New Pacific Order
9 | MK/Mushqueda
7 | GPA
5 | NSO
4 | Kaskus

Most Powerful Alliance:
47 | DBDC
19 | TOP
17 | New Pacific Order
11 | New Polar Order
5 | Fark
5 | Umbrella
3 | ODN
2 | Non Grata
1 | OBR

Best Military:
46 | DBDC
25 | New Pacific Order
16 | TOP
13 | Kaskus
11 | STA
8 | Umbrella
6 | MK/Musqueda
2 | RAGE
1 | NSO

Best Rookie Alliance:
57 | DBDC
28 | MI6
10 | Doomsquad
7 | Atlas
6 | DoD

Most Powerful Bloc:
42 | Aztec
31 | XX
15 | C&G
7 | Usual Suspects
6 | Aftermath
4 | Arizona
1 | Plan B
1 | Sentinel

Best Flag:
36 | MQ/MK
19 | Sengoku
19 | TPF
14 | Mortal Wombat
10 | RAGE
5 | FAIL

Most Active Alliance:
42 | DBDC
13 | New Pacific Order
10 | MI6
10 | Umbrella
9 | New Polar Order
6 | NSO
6 | RnR
5 | IRON
4 | Non Grata

Most Honorable Alliance:
25 | STA
19 | ODN
13 | CCC
7 | MI6
6 | NPL
6 | VE
5 | MW
5 | SUN
4 | UCR/DL
3 | Sparta
3 | SRA
2 | Invicta
2 | MCXA

Best Economic System:
44 | New Pacific Order
29 | Umbrella
12 | IRON
8 | New Polar Order
5 | MI6
4 | NSO

Best Recruiting Staff:
73 | R&R
21 | MI6
5 | NADC

Best Propagandist:
60 | D34th
26 | Lord Hershey
9 | Luckao
7 | Dark_Temptation
3 | Delendum

Scariest Alliance:
72 | DBDC
12 | Kaskus
11 | STA
10 | DT
9 | TOP
8 | NEW
6 | United Equestria
3 | NSO

Best Alliance Growth:

38 | DT
16 | Pax Corvus
11 | New Pacific Order
11 | R&R
7 | MI6
6 | NSO
5 | GOONS
5 | IRON
3 | TOP
3 | Umbrella

Best War Flag:
45 | Mushqueda

23 | Sengoku
10 | NPL
7 | Knights of the Round Table
7 | ODN
6 | NATO
4 | Sparta

Best Forums:
25 | MK

25 | Non Grata
14 | MI6
13 | ODN
13 | RIA
5 | PPO

Alliance Most Likely to Succeed in 2014:
30 | TOP

15 | R&R
14 | New Polar Order
13 | NEW
10 | STA
8 | NSO
7 | Atlas
7 | MI6
7 | Umbrella

Most Immoral Alliance:
32 | Mushqueda

27 | IRON
11 | BF1
10 | GOONS
9 | Terran Empire
8 | NSO
7 | LoSS
2 | CRAP

Most Controversial Alliance:
25 | MK/MQ

22 | IRON
20 | DBDC
12 | BF1
10 | New Pacific Order
9 | NSO
3 | RAGE
3 | TOP
3 | Valhalla
2 | NG

Player of the Year:
28 | CubaQuerida

23 | Dajobo
18 | Stewie
10 | Steve Buscemi
6 | Ardus
6 | Egofreaky
6 | Unknown Smurf 
5 | Roland Deschain
3 | Hime Themis
2 | Caladin
2 | Stagger Lee

Most Powerful Player:
40 | CubaQuerida

25 | Dajobo
17 | Stewie
7 | Auctor
6 | Ardus
4 | Omniscient1
3 | EgoFreaky
2 | Daikos
2 | IYIyTh

Best Alliance Leader:
20 | Stewie

17 | TBRaiders
11 | Chimaera
9 | EgoFreaky
9 | Ubuntu
8 | Farrin
6 | Rooland
5 | Kurdanak
5 | OsRavan
4 | tf905
4 | Walshington
3 | James Maximus
2 | Hereno

Most Controversial Player:
27 | Brehon

21 | Rey the Great
18 | CubaQueria
13 | Caustic
9 | Alex the Great
7 | Goldie
6 | Rayvon
4 | Unknown Smurf

Best Player Sig:
42 | Samus (dynamic nation stats sig)

23 | Mogar
23 | Rayvon
11 | WarriorSoul

Best Player Avatar:
46 | Stewie

22 | Mogar
13 | WarriorSoul
12 | Gingervites
4 | Mr Director

Best Poster:
33 | Stewie

22 | Gopherbashi
20 | Ubuntu the Great (Zulu Guy)
10 | iamthey
6 | Walshington
5 | Pingu
2 | Lurunin
2 | sounion

1 | Icewolf

Nicest Player:
29 | Bambi

22 | Gopherbashi
22 | Hime Themis
9 | King Wally
7 | Howlin Mad
5 | Walshington
3 | Blurrenza
2 | Freddy

Funniest Player:
32 | Rey the Great

17 | Finnish Commie
15 | Buckaroo13
11 | Master Hakai
10 | bcortell
7 | Luckao
6 | AlmightyHero
6 | BringMeTheHorizon
4 | Dave Daveson
3 | Partisan

Most Active Player:
34 | Mogar

25 | Stewie
22 | Auctor
13 | CubaQueria
9 | TBRaiders
2 | McHeisty

Player Most Likely to Achieve Greatness in 2014:
48 | Stewie

20 | Tywin Lannister
14 | Mogar
9 | Salad Joe
7 | Garion
2 | IVIyth

Best New Addition to the Community:
46 | Samus

24 | Tywin Lannister
12 | buckaroo13
12 | Xanth

1 | Grim Reaper 22

Most Hated Poster:
49 | Tywin Lannister

20 | Rotavele
9 | Loki
9 | Magicninja
8 | Starfox101
5 | RV
2 | Rayvon

Best Declaration of War (Alliance Topic)
30 | Mushqaeda DoW

21 | TOP/Polar on NSO
20 | AI on Umb(Eqwar start)
17 | BF1 DoW
8 | The International DoW
7 | NPL DoW on ODN
3 | SRA DoW on Kashmir

Best Wall of Text:
30 | RushSykes ranks top 80 alliances

22 | BF1 war journal/BF1 declare war on Polar
16 | Open letter to Non Grata
12 | Friendship: Killing Politics on Bob?  -MCRabt
5 | A note to SirWilliam
5 | Mastabaedys rant(s)

Best OWF Topic:
46 | Amazing Sanction Race

30 | A Message from the Emperor of the New Pacific Order
12 | Greater Jedi Order DoE
10 | CSM's EU4 AAR

Biggest Controversy:
56 | IRONs decision not to honor MDoAP with NG in WotO

14 | Stewie "escaping" to GPA/Everything BF1
12 | NPO's actions during EQ/NPO-NG
10 | Mushqaeda DoW
7 | Jerdges "aggressive" posting in Suggestion box
6 | Val/NPO agreement
5 | TOP's Peacemode

Funniest Event:
27 | Sparta DoW on GOONS without anyone in Sparta knowing

26 | DBDC forcing people to stay in PM
14 | Rey getting kicked out of LPH for roguing TDO
11 | Mushqaeda DoW
10 | LoSS-VE Shady Business 2.0
7 | GOP getting wrecked defending TDO
4 | COMECON's DoE/COMECON-GJO Mutual Protect Treaty
2 | TPF DoW

Most Entertaining IRC Channel:
18 | #nongrata

11 | #MI6
11 | #mushroom
10 | #dragonsridingponies 
9 | #nso
7 | #dbdc
7 | #rnr
6 | #MW
6 | #riot
4 | #atlas (Combot)
4 | #cnsparta

Best Treaty Announcement:
43 | TOP-New Polar Order

36 | DBDC/NG
13 | Kashmir Co-Prosperity 
5 | Southern Delegation - Mushqaeda

Worst Diplomatic Move
68 | IRON/NG/LoSS situation

17 | Vals non nuke agreement with New Pacific Order
12 | NPO in eQ
7 | ODN signing with New Pacific Order
4 | NSO/TTK

Best Player Quote
47 | "An attack on one is an attack on all"  

16 | "Wait, you have a secret Charter!? Lol, just lol." - HM Soloman I
13 | Pop-a-Smurf
12 | VE DoS for GOP
11 | "Peace of Ass"

Largest E-Peen:
33 | Stewie

17 | Goldie
16 | Ardus
9 | Magicninja
8 | Chimaera
7 | Myth
2 | BEazy

1 | Stealthy

Best Villain:
44 | DBDC

24 | Rayvon/NSO
18 | Stewie
13 | Sengoku
4 | Caustic

Most Missed Player (Player that has gone inactive/quit)
26 | Xiphosis

24 | Pansy
15 | Doitzel
7 | Tulak Horde
6 | queenhailee
6 | Teh Chron
5 | Longbowe
4 | E_S
4 | Kubla Khan

Best WaterCooler Thread:
41 | Girl Does Not Like Me

26 | "Hypocrisy of it all - Syria" thread
16 | Abortion Debate Thread

Most Improved:
29 | Sparta

22 | NSO
18 | TIO
16 | GOONS
15 | NPL

I believe that "an attack on one is an attack on all" is from EQ. When EQ used that to justify the massive DoW's, however, they then proceeded to ignore MK's attacks so as to avoid bringing in NG. If I remember correctly. 

Xi won most missed player? and Delta didn't even get votes? clearly people are not paying attention. also glad to see our forums getting votes, a bit surprised Shadow didn't get any votes for best leader.

The only correctly awarded award was the one Bambi won. :|

again people are not looking in the right places, Bambi can be very mean.

Edited by im317

I'm unsure how I didn't win (or get nominated for) Biggest E-Peen, but I'd like to thank my adoring fans for the big win in Funniest Player and strong finish in Controversial Player.

Now back to ogling Katy Perry and spreadsheets.

e: And Bambi winning is a sham. Fuck if I voted for him, it's a sham.

Edited by Neo Uruk

Dajobo/NpO surely deserved some of these, as much as I'd like to give the rest to DBDC.

Also for alliance leader, are we talking about BF1? Rigged!

I was also leadership in Non Grata right at the start of the year.

But this means I'm going to have to make a special SIG to commemorate the size of my epeen as proof I lift.

stewie_griffin_by_gustavoedu-d3cwfkm.png

Such a load of crap, I made the sigs from the beginning and then created/modified the new ones as well. Samus is a credit hog. :(

1) I credited you in the opening thread abd i've continued to refer to you throughout the thread.
2) The dynamic sig stats were my idea
3) I did all the coding & maintenance
4) I didn't nominate or vote for myself, the award doesn't really bother me, if you want it so much have it.

Also this is funny:

Best New Addition to the Community: Samus
Well I was recently informed that he has been here forever.. I guess I didn't notice him until he made these awesome sigs! Sorry Samus, but congratulations on your new-found notoriety at least!

I've been here for 5+ years boi!