Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

Farrin Xies

NPOFlag.png

Notice of Cancellation

This world is one noted for its many relationships changes. Over the years, alliances shift their allegiances; friends can become enemies, and enemies can become friends. Relationships are fluid, changing just as alliances themselves change.

It is therefore all the more notable when a relationship remains steady throughout such upheavals. For almost seven years the New Pacific Order and the Independent Republic of Orange Nations have maintained the Cordiality Accords; a treaty of Civility, Non-Aggression, Intelligence Sharing and Optional Assistance in Foreign Conflicts. During these seven years, our relationship has had many ups and downs, but both parties have always stood as friends, never opposing each other on the battlefield. For both the Order and the Republic, it is a relationship without equal in its historic significance and resilience.

It is therefore with immense regret and no small amount of debate that we had to deliver the notice of this treatys cancellation earlier this evening. Per Article IV, Section 2, this treaty shall be void in 3 days.

For seven years, the Order and the Republic never stood on opposite ends of the battlefield; however, this changed when IRON decided to enter, via a treaty of optional aggression, on an aggressive war upon our sphere and specifically upon our ally in TLR. Whilst we can appreciate the reasons that led IRON to this decision and hold them no ill-will for deciding to pick the side on which they have the most allies, we can also no longer in good faith maintain a stance of non-aggression with them when they are in the middle of beating down our ally. To do so would be a disservice to the bonds of allegiance between NPO and TLR, as well as our duty to our allies in the wider coalition.

We can also no longer in good faith maintain a policy of intelligence sharing with the Republic when IRON without sharing this information with the Order has actively been involved in the planning and execution of a coalition whose end goal (even if by unfortunate necessity rather than desire) can only succeed by inflicting widespread destruction on the New Pacific Order and its allied sphere. We can no longer maintain a policy of intelligence sharing when, in return, the New Pacific Order is forced to take a leading role in a coalition that has to plan a defense against IRONs attack a defense that by unfortunate necessity will mean damages for the Republic. To do so would be a great disservice to our duties to all of our allies in our coalition.

Whilst we greatly appreciate the many conflicts of interest and hard decisions that IRON has had to make over the past few months, hard decisions can only be called so because they have a price. In this situation, the price has been one of the worlds most long-standing and cherished relationships.

Despite our disappointment, and despite the necessity of this war forcing us on opposite sides, the Order bears no grudge against the Republic for its decisions. We will continue to regard them as a friendly alliance, and commit ourselves to maintaining the atmosphere of civility that was enshrined in this treaty. It is our sincere hope that, whatever path they have managed to gain access to through these decisions, they will come to find the benefits to be worth the price.

Farrin Xies,
Emperor of the New Pacific Order
The Lone Star Emperor

Red,
Imperial Regent of the New Pacific Order

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I try not to be a huge douche RV.

Best of luck to our friends in NPO. We are sad, but we hardly can blame them. 

What are you trying to say here, duelking? You seem unable to complete your thought. While I knew RON had suffered a drain in leadership and intelligence, I had no idea it was so severe. It is no wonder NPO had to cancel on you.

Now really, this is an NAP. They have canceled an NAP. What does it say when you get an NAP dropped in this day and age?

I am really going to enjoy watching you guys burn in a few months.

What are you trying to say here, duelking? You seem unable to complete your thought. While I knew RON had suffered a drain in leadership and intelligence, I had no idea it was so severe. It is no wonder NPO had to cancel on you.

Now really, this is an NAP. They have canceled an NAP. What does it say when you get an NAP dropped in this day and age?

I am really going to enjoy watching you guys burn in a few months.

You forgot the I in IRON there buddy :)