UOKMB acknowledges war with Terran Empire

Bit disappointed that they didn't make this thing official and make a proper announcement but I guess that's how they roll.

No doubt we'll be branded rogues but you'll note that TE declared on us. Yes, we spied on them to gather info but that was merely info for a client. No harm was done.

When our task was completed it escalated into more serious spy attacks from both sides but it was tit for tat. Again nothing which was really harming either side.

I've spoken with our client and he has offered support, both military and diplomatic, but I have declined at this stage. UOKMB have got this.

I don't know why TE didn't hammer you far sooner than they did. You did an impressive and war provoking amount of spying.

Probably because (apart from 2-3 nations) their war chests didn't really have the appetite for a fight.

Nevertheless, they're here now and we'll deal with them.

CyberNationsAnonlinenationsimulationgame

You say it as if spying is in some way acceptable if doing it at someone else's request.

I'd have continued to ignore you had it only been for info, but when you escalated to causing damages, then it was you that started an undeclared war. We are merely responding to your unprovoked aggression.
You are no martyr here.

I'm certainly not claiming to be a martyr.

The spying escalation was on both sides. TE struck the first blow when Nexus killed my spies on 24th. He wasn't caught but it was within 15 seconds of his other spy attack so it doesn't take a genius to work out who did it.

We knew any spying could be considered aggression, even our info gathering mission, but we believed we were being adequately compensated so we rolled the dice and we are where we are.

Terran Empire, let us know if there anything we can do to help. UOKMB, TTE are reasonable people, they are a defensive alliance, spying is aggression and so now you are at war with them. I think your "client" has taken advantage of you.

Terran Empire, let us know if there anything we can do to help. UOKMB, TTE are reasonable people, they are a defensive alliance, spying is aggression and so now you are at war with them. I think your "client" has taken advantage of you.

They seem reasonable. We're reasonable too. And now we're at war.

Holy cow, you guys are still around?

Indeed we are. Nice to see TE taking this head on and not running to daddy for support, unlike yourselves.

Yes it does.

This might startle you to learn but people and alliances come to their own conclusions on what an alliance is.  And some of those conclusions might be significantly different from your own!

This might startle you to learn but people and alliances come to their own conclusions on what an alliance is.  And some of those conclusions might be significantly different from your own!

It may startle you but others have posted with the same numbers and less, doesn't matter what us bob-dwellers think when the overlords in the sky say otherwise.

That said have fun TTE.

Edited by the rebel

It may startle you but others have posted with the same numbers and less, doesn't matter what us bob-dwellers think when the overlords in the sky say otherwise.

That said have fun TTE.

Quite the contrary, the structural definition of an alliance as defined by admin (ooc: game mechanics) is irrelevant for the purposes of defining an alliance as legitimate or not in the eyes of the political leaders here.

Is anyone even protecting this group?

VVVVV I'm going to assume that wasn't directed towards me. VVVVV

Edited by Sardonic

This is really only made possible by the fact that everybody is looking forward to the global and doesn't have time to deal with Terran Empire. Your alliance is garbage, and your leaders are cowardly mayors who think themselves presidents. The only difference between you and this 3-man AA is numbers, and I look forward to them bloodying your ignorant noses.

I see nothing wrong with how TTE has responded to this, including not posting a DoW. The reason NOT posting was a smart move is that there is a much more interesting war going on at the moment and no one cares about something this small at this time. During a slow war period, it might be entertainment for some people. Not now.

The flip side of this argument is that the overlords in the sky don't require an alliance to make a DoW before attacking another alliance. So the entire discussion about what is or is not an "alliance" really makes no difference.

You're expecting people of Bob to be reasonable and not force their own ideals down others' throats. Mistake number one on your part.