Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Announcement From The Mushroom Kingdom

I will keep this short and to the point as, in keeping with tradition, our King is unable to be with us today.

The Mushroom Kingdom was founded upon the ambition of being the best. We became the best. We achieved all our ambitions and more. We overcame every challenge set in front of us and broke all barriers in our way. Unfortunately, it takes a hell of a lot of drive, desire and initiative to be the best. The membership of the Mushroom Kingdom have come to the collective conclusion that we no longer have the the same verve and enthusiasm of yesteryear and that it would be in our best interests to disband the alliance.

The Mushroom Kingdom alliance affiliation will be protected by The Last Remnants and The Order of the Paradox for as long as they see fit. The Alchemy AA will also be protected for thirty (30) days.

All that remains, I suppose, is to say so long and thanks for all the fish.

Signed for the final time:
King: Archon
Crown Prince: rsoxbronco1
Prince: MagicalTrevor
Enclave: Azaghul, Tamerlane, Devilyn Caster
Lord High Vanguard: Lebubu
Lord High Treasurer: King Brandon
Lord High Director: Kamichi
Castellan of the Keep: bros

and the entire membership of the Mushroom Kingdom.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone. This is a day I didn't think would come for a while, but here we are. So here's my sappy spiel. I hope you enjoy.

I was approached by Archon on a nice afternoon in June 2007. Since LUE had disbanded a few months earlier, I had been floating around aimlessly in CN, going from alliance to alliance (NpO in particular was a fun one, but that is another story for another time). Archon asked me a simple question "Hey can you make me a forum I am going to form an alliance with some old LUE members. Wanna join?" I said "Sure!"

From there, we began planning what our alliance name would be, gov, etc. My first position (and shortest lived, lasting but a month) in the Kingdom, was being elected Minister of Intelligence. Then I was Chair of the Chambers Council for a while, before I became the position everyone came to know and love me for - Castellan of the Keep. For those who don't know what that means, it is essentially a medieval word for janitor. I've been with the Kingdom since the beginning and through to its end, present the entire time, at different levels of activity. I've been with it through the good and the bad. I remember the feeling we had during the NoCB war and the reparations imposed on us and how we felt during our triumphs in Karma.

I'm sad to see the alliance i've spent the last six years with disband, but all good things must come to an end.

The Kingdoms Forums will operate indefinitely, finances permitting, so come and join us - we won't bite. We're also going to reverse all bans and CGs (excepting one or two people, they know who they are), so all are invited to join the [url=http://www.mushroom-kingdom.info]Mushroom Kingdom Community[/url]. Over the next few days, we will be reorganizing the forums to be a more conducive format for the new community structure.

Bye guys. I'll still be around in CN, sitting on the MK AA and i'll be active on the MK forums.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

This is a sad day, but ultimately for the best.  MK was not an alliance fit for a slow, stagnant world.  I joined MK at the beginning of 08, because of the intelligence I saw of it's membership, knowing little else.  Little did I know all that it was or what it would come to be.  We did many things that shook the world, good and bad.  We had fun while doing it.  We had a great community.  Ultimately, all good things must come to an end.  I wouldn't have us going out any other way.

Edited by Azaghul

Headquarters,  Army of the Southern Delegation
Planet Bob, September 16, 2013

(On the Topic of Disbandment)

After six years' arduous service, marked by unsurpassed courage and fortitude, the Army of the Southern Delegation has been compelled to yield to inactivity and boredom.

I need not tell the survivors of so many hard fought battles who have remained steadfast to the last, that I have consented to this result from no distrust of them, but feeling that valor and devotion could accomplish nothing that could compensate for the loss which would have attended the continuation of the contest, I have determined to avoid the useless sacrifice of those whose past services have endeared them to their alliance.  You will take with you the satisfaction that proceeds from the consciousness of duty faithfully performed, and I earnestly pray that a merciful Archon may extend to you His blessing and protection.  With an increasing admiration of your constancy and devotion to your faction, and a grateful remembrance of your kind and generous consideration of myself, I bid you an affectionate farewell.

D.C. Beauregard 
General, Southern Delegation

A missive from the Reichskanzler of the Mushreich.

123_21_06_10_9_57_37.png

My fellow Pilzen, once again we stand here at the brink of destiny. And once again my heart swells with pride and joy as I look out across the brimming hordes of proud Pilzen swelling forth. This is our most glorious hour, this is our triumphant day. Joined together with our brothers from all the factions, we march on with our heads held high and our eyes locked on the brilliant dawn.

A slow cancer has been growing fat in our midst. The neutral menace, the prissy donators, pixel protectors and backroom appeasers. We can no longer tolerate this pathetic tumor. For too long have we been shackled by the burdens of political courtesy, mired by complacency and filth.

No more!

From this day forth, the Reich shall break those chains and soar above this stagnant waste and despair. Those unable to lead, these pitiful creatures unfit to breathe, too cowardly to even dominate their lessers have for far too long scummed the pipes and strangled the vitality and essence from our wretched world! 

It is time for a tide of strong Pilzen to wash across the lands, searing crops from the soil and the hearts from men. It is time to rend this world asunder with the white hot fire of your seething hatred. Absolutely nothing can stand against the furious might of the Mushreich!

This place is weak, desolate and frail.

Show it no mercy.

Leave no survivors.

Heil Mushreich!

Oh and by the way, the former Reichskanzler SteamPoweredHitler left control to me voluntarily several hours ago. He will testify to this during his public flogging, after which he will happily come to heel as my loyal advisor. I will not be this lenient with any further pretenders.

Signed, Marthur Luther King Jr. Reichskanzler of the Mushreich.
Edited by Arthur Blair

Tonight we bear witness to the passing of one of CN's most successful and controversial alliances. Since the wake of the BiPolar War, the Order of the Paradox and the Mushroom Kingdom have stood fast together, joined under the auspices of the Unholy Alliance, united in our disdain for incompetence and by our mutual interest in creating a reliable base of power upon which our nations might prosper. Together we rose to incomparable heights; together we burned our foes; together we endured the attempts of eQ to break us. In its aftermath, we so remained allied and unholy. Over the course of our union we suffered one surrender, but never failed to impose upon our foes the horrible specter of defeat.

Though we bid farewell to our Shroom comrades, the obligations of Paradoxia to the Kingdom persist. Under the authorization of Grandmaster Centurius and the responsibilities of Grand Chancellor, I confirm the assertion of protection set forth in the Kingdom's declaration: The Order of the Paradox shall protect all peacable nations remaining under the Mushroom Kingdom alliance affiliation. We further extend this protection to the alliance Alchemy. This protection does not extend to any of the other-titled MK affiliate groups, known or unknown, nor does it extend to any nation that chooses to engage in rogue operations. Those Shrooms who choose to remain in CN have that right, and any alliance to which they relocate will be lucky to count them among their ranks.

On a personal note, it was an honor to have served you for so long, in glory and inglory.

Goodbye boys; it's been a helluva ride.

bros asked me to write a statement given my status as the one other founder of the Mushroom Kingdom still active today, but I'm really not sure what to say.

For a start, I suppose I'm not sad about this disbandment, I'm proud. Ultimately, I believe that MK has been the best alliance in the game for a long, long time and it pleases me to see that, rather than let that tradition slip, we all know that the time is right to move on. Certainly, I'm a little wistful - discussion of our imminent disbandment has brought back old friends and memories - but just because the alliance may be gone, doesn't mean the relationships fade too.

- Kamichi. Current Lord High Something. Notoriously forgettable Prince and founder.

Ever since the Mushroom Kingdom clawed itself out of the ruins of the Unjust Path, they've always managed to enjoy a profile significantly larger than their actual NS would typically warrant. They were certainly a large alliance and a military force to be feared, but yet they were not as large as say, the New Pacific Order, Umbrella, The Order of the Paradox or even Fark, IRON, MHA or Sparta, at their respective primes. For an alliance that deserves mention in the top tier of historic competitors for CN dominance, the Mushroom Kingdom could hardly have ever stood on its own. They were never the twenty million NS gorilla in the room that NPO was nor did they cause entire tiers to run for the hills like TOP and Umbrella have. Ever since they helped raise the flag of Karma over the corpse of NPO's empire in 2009, MK's strength has been built primarily on its ability to make friends and allies. Throughout these years, a large amount of people and alliances have been captured in the orbit of the Mushroom Kingdom. Some spun off and became hated enemies, others were drawn in and became part of the Kingdom itself, and all have had some very unique experiences courtesy of the Kingdom.

For the lion's share of my CN career, I have been in this orbit. While never an official member of the Kingdom (until today I suppose), I still managed to rack up over six thousand posts on their forums, whether it be in the Restaurant, bitching about video games in the Royal Arcade, making fun of one Order or the other in Toad's Kitchen, or writing my thirtieth treatise on why MK should leave MHA alone in the Umbrella embassy. Over time I watched as enemies became allies and allies became members, as a different cast of characters came in and out of MK's orbit, watching NpO and STA leave, seeing NG, TOP and Nordreich come in, all the time wondering if they really knew what they were getting themselves into. Like a fire, MK had equal capacity to build and destroy, to warm our hearts and burn us, to light the way or trap us, to entertain or infuriate, and it never knew when or even how to stop. Ultimately, however, we must thank MK for being a unique force in a place that often has too little variety.

All of us will inevitably succumb to apathy and wander off into other worlds, having accomplished all we can in this one. Leave it to the Mushroom Kingdom to decide to go out like this, in a blaze of glory. Like any fire, MK needs fresh air and fuel to sustain itself. We've run out of wars to fight, instead rehashing the contests of ancient times. We've run out of fresh faces, with an ever dwindling cast of characters trading roles in a never ending production. For an alliance that thrives on novelty, banality is tantamount to death. And it has apparently come to that point for MK. I and many others were content to simply clock out and head home when we had had it with Cyber Nations. But leave it to MK to die as it lived, with a fire in their hearts and mischief in their eyes. Whether you hate them or love them (or both), we all have to appreciate what they brought to the table and recognize that the game is poorer for their departure. I believe I speak for many people who had the burden and privilege of knowing MK when I say that they'll be missed dearly.

C'est la Lutte Finale

Dispatch from the Mushroom Kommune

Arise,
ye workers from your slumber, stand up all prisoners of the passive,
bourgeoise politics of this wretched planet!  For too long the nations
of the Kommune have been entrapped in a world made economically viable
by the vain and preening indulgences of the donating classes. But let us
not be fooled: as we fight ever more meaningless wars, the means of
production on Bob have become decoupled from any potential interest in
the game. Great hulking collosi of wasted strength with no relevance to
the working man are holding this decrepit system together. These nations
cannot be redeemed, and so the revolution must start and end with us.

One may say that this slaughter runs counter to the spirit of Archon's
philosophy of harmony and Karma. But as Bertolt Brecht once said, “the
more innocent they are, the more they deserve to be shot”, and so it is
here. If this is not Archonism, then Archon himself is not an Archonist.

Henceforth there shall be no war between factions and no peace between classes.
The factions united will never be defeated. Not one step back, comrades.

¡No pasaran!
¡No pasaran!
¡No pasaran!

¡PASAREMOS!

goodnight sweet prince

there's so much i could say about mk as a cn alliance, but i'll leave it at this: we played the game the way we wanted to play it and now we're going out in the way we wanna go out. so long folks. hope to see you around.

Edited by cookavich