IRON Announcement

4XgP6Y7.png

IRON Announcement

There are times we find ourselves in unenviable positions and have to face the difficult choices at hand, ones we don't wish to make, but ones that are necessary. Such a choice often comes at the most delicate moment. NPO faced such a dilemma in this last war. The Equilibrium Coalition, so unfortunately named, was anything but the sort. It was an intricate combination, as fragile as it was spontaneous. It was a war that to many felt precarious and tenuous, cutting across treaty ties, shifting with each day of its existence. But most pertinent of all, it was one which NPO's arrangement of obligation was ill suited to sustain. 

To be sure, NPO has faced a long and difficult road in its reemergence to prominence, and it would be fair to say that the central role they played this war was a hard won totem of that exhaustive effort. NPO was a decisive power for the coalition, there was hardly a decision made which did not first cross the desk of its Emperor, but perhaps once the sweet ecstasy of the opening blows subsided, the truth allowed itself to sink in: that while they had sought the center- the summit of their aspirations had not yet been found. That while a coalition had sprung up around them, it was not the one that they wanted.

Like a diligent craftsmen bereft of his favored material, a diplomat with split obligations faces innumerable frustrations as he conducts his work. For a war leader such as Brehon, the total success of the coalition would invariably come at the expense of his own diplomatic position. We understand this predicament and can empathize, it is a difficult one to be placed in. Indeed, Brehon’s handling of such an untenable position, is a testament of NPO’s diplomatic prowess and an exceptional clinic in political adjustment. That things ended as well as they did speaks volumes to the man.

Despite this, the last war has revealed a truth that all alliances face at some point in their history, it is in light of this illumination that we can no longer maintain our present course. To us, this war has highlighted that friendship, good will and a long history cannot and will never be enough to sustain a good and responsible relationship in politics. The best of friends can make for the worst of partners, and attention must always be paid that agreement on the order of political priorities is preserved. NPO faced a general responsibility to the coalition, they shared a particular tie to ourselves, but they were also obliged to preserve CnG. Victory or a future, who can blame them?

NPO prioritized CnG over a solid victory, their means: the opacity of their movements, and a lack of consultation with the powers concerned. While I understand and admire how they maneuvered themselves in such a position, it is clear the substance of our relationship, an unity of interests, has subsided. The rush to finish the war, that is to secure limited objectives through a premature settlement, while the best and greatest resolution for NPO itself, merely confirms to us that NPO’s projects are not necessarily those of IRON.

A year has come and gone since we put ink to paper, and it is obvious that the state of affairs no longer warrants the treaty level we currently entertain. While IRON and NPO will retain a loose association, it is clear the union no longer serves the interests of either. Since the scope of events has grown beyond what mere words can reconcile, this relationship must be adjusted to reflect our current standing. To do otherwise is to repeat the past, and avoid the lessons of Equilibrium. This is not the end, but the start of a new beginning, not one of hostility, but of an admission of necessary change.

As of May 19th, 2013, NPO was informed of the cancellation of "The Revelation Accords". The treaty shall remain in effect for 7 days.

Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. - Andre Gide

Edited by Salmia

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahaha.

That's seriously your reasoning? You cancelled on them for being good allies?

Holy shit, somehow your alliance is even more narcissistic and whiny than I had previously thought. That's an accomplishment.

B-)

CN's Trembling under the shock waves of this earth shattering development...! :mellow:

Salmia,you're a fine writer and political scrutinizer ...!

Could this save, or terminate our game...?

We'll see ...!

B-)

CN's Trembling under the shock waves of this earth shattering development...! :mellow:

Salmia,you're a fine writer and political scrutinizer ...!

Could this save, or terminate our game...?

We'll see ...!

Tune in next time for Dragon Ball Z!!!

The disparity of our unit cohesion has once again caused a fracture. The whims of self preservation will continue to breed weakness. How long before the final remnants of Light are bathed in the darkness completely?

I find the assertion that the NPO is to blame that coalition called Equilibrium failed to achieve "solid victory" is wrong. I find the conflict against Doomhouse due to Umbrellas action in handling the rogue on Ai, ending in a clear victory. That it could have been even more decisive, I find not the failing on part of NPOs action during that war.

Among many words, there was a clear level of criticism leveled at us on that point, I felt so called to shortly answer it.

Good luck and happy trails IRON.

lmao at putting the blame on NPO for not winning the war properly.

They were the only reason EQ even got as far as they did. Everyone else was just flat-out disorganized and getting run through.

This is an immature, narcissistic cancellation and anyone in here saying anything remotely positive about IRON who has ever, in their entire lifetime, criticized someone else in any event over an issue of maturity or forward thinking is being dishonest with themselves or an idiot.

That's what NPO wins for cuddles with CnG and for their lack of resolve in properly win the war, wise decision IRON, I'm glad that you made the reasons of your cancellation public, this is the kind of thing this place needs to get more activity. I also hope that others alliances also realizes what kind of alliance NPO is and get ride of them. 

Edited by D34th

That's what NPO wins for cuddles with CnG and for their lack of resolve in properly win the war, wise decision IRON, I'm glad that you made the reasons of your cancellation public, this is the kind of thing this place needs to get more activity. I also hope that others alliances also realizes what kind of alliance NPO is and get ride of them. 

An alliance that sticks up for all its allies instead of just some? I mean, CnG approached NPO as soon as wounds healed between the alliances involved. MK even (mostly) stopped hounding them. NPO carried IRON's war out as best they could. They stopped at reps. Why? Because 1) if anyone in EQ deserved reps, it was NPO for actually fighting a good fight and 2) What the fuck does IRON need reps for in an aggressive war that it wasn't even involved in the CB for?  You can say the same about GOONS as to #2, but at least they give a damn enough to fight for DH.

I don't even remotely [i]like[/i] NPO, this is just pure bullshit.

Edited by Neo Uruk