A Clerical Notice from the Viridian Entente

Goldie

[center][/center]

The Viridian Entente recognizes the 60+ wars the New Pacific Order has declared on us as an official declaration of war on us by them.

For the Viridian Entente:
[I]Goldie[/I], Lord of the Entente
[I]WarriorConcept[/I], Duke of the Entente
[I]Deviousfairie[/I], Secretary of State
[I]Supreme142[/I], Secretary of Defense
[I]Baltus[/I], Secretary of the Interior
[I]Ging[/I], Secretary of Economics
[I]Yenroh[/I], Deputy Secretary of State
[I]Impero[/I], Dominus Emeritus
[I]Solaris[/I], Dominus Emeritus
[I]Cornelius[/I], Dominus Emeritus

[center][/center]

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically you declared on us when you hit AI. After all, we did note a warning on our original declaration that we viewed an attack on one as an attack on all. But.. a war is a war is a war.

Welcome to it, green, leafy, and delicious.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The undersigned alliances hereby declare war upon Umbrella. Any counter attacks as a result of this action will be viewed as an attack upon all. Good luck.

Guess this part of the Original DoW never gets read cause it was at the bottom. But then could someone translate for me ?

It is nice, as a courtesy, to announce DoW's. If this trend continues in future wars I imagine a few rogues are going to have a mighty fun time when they attack an alliance and assuming the war or two are the DoW, counter attack that alliance. Overall, it's in the best interests of the attacking party to post a DoW.

Technically you declared on us when you hit AI. After all, we did note a warning on our original declaration that we viewed an attack on one as an attack on all. But.. a war is a war is a war.

Does that means you will be attacking TLR and GATO soon?:P

Out of curiosity, the dow a side, do all of your collective treaties read that an attack on one is an attack on all? Does a dow now suprecede treaties? Doesn't this leave war open for anyone to just link up and fight where ever with no treaty and just a dow?

It is nice, as a courtesy, to announce DoW's. If this trend continues in future wars I imagine a few rogues are going to have a mighty fun time when they attack an alliance and assuming the war or two are the DoW, counter attack that alliance. Overall, it's in the best interests of the attacking party to post a DoW.

The point is not that we somehow think wars should not be officially declared, but rather that a separate declaration for every single time you come to fight an alliance in the enemy coalition is a pointless bit of paper-filling that accomplishes nothing but waste space.

Out of curiosity, the dow a side, do all of your collective treaties read that an attack on one is an attack on all? Does a dow now suprecede treaties? Doesn't this leave war open for anyone to just link up and fight where ever with no treaty and just a dow?

A treaty is nothing more than an agreement between parties.  The agreement in the DoW that an attack on any party would be considered an attack on all parties is no more or less legally or morally superior than the agreement found in a treaty.  All parties understood, consented to, and signed that agreement.  Any suggestion that it is in any way not valid is simply grasping for straws.

Edit: oof, I misread that post.  As far as individual treaties go, it... Varies by the individual treaty.  And in cases where it states that "an attack on one is an attack on the other," it is, indeed, simply a formality to declare.

Edited by HeroofTime55