Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Nation Name:Kingdom of Lorlax
  • Alliance Name:Death Before Dishonor
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Lorlaxistan

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

The current use of cruise missiles is to destroy a small amount of tanks, infra and tech, the problem is the game uses cruise missiles more as a bombing weapon... a cruise missile isn't used to bombard a city, it is used to target and destroy targets such as a bomb proof bunkers, a ship, a specific building.

The changes should be made so the missiles target a selected target.

E.g. A cruise missile strike on someone Manhattan Project wonder. Resulting in the wonder not being able to be used for 24 hours.
Cruise missile strike on a navy ship. damaging or sinking the ship. (low odds as a destroyer etc tend to destroy CM's before they hit anything).
Cruise missile strike on pentagon wonder. reduced morale meaning more chance of defeat in battle.

Of course this would make CM's quite devastating so new improvements + wonders could be introduced to reduce their effects.

Missile air defense - improvement - 150k - 10% chance of destroying incoming cruise missile for each missile air defense (50% total for 5)

Iron Dome - wonder - based in major cities and military targets Intercepts incoming cruise missiles by a further 35%. (only protects wonders and improvements etc)

So if an opponent has all the wonders and improvements you would only have a 15% chance of hitting their MP, if you targeted their infra you would have a 50% chance of it getting through.

#2 KuroNeko

KuroNeko

Tsun Tsun~~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Nation Name:KuroNeko
  • Alliance Name:Shangri-La

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

I actually like the idea of this one more than I do my own suggestion, I didn't think of the option of just having a short-term effect on the wonder.

#3 Icewolf

Icewolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts
  • Nation Name:Icicle City

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

This adds too much power to the stronger side. If you are being hit 3 on 1 your nuclear weapons already cannot keep check. Having a 6 times chance of hitting the manhatton project everyday, which with all the wonders and improvements you suggest would still mean a 60% chance of it being disabled each day would leave such a nation essentially crippled. Especially with the current cost of only 20K and the ability to purchase instant unlimited numbers.

There is also the role of the CM as the ultimate last line weapon. No matter how badly beaten you are it has a role as the last useable weapon. To make it only effective against wonders (which if you are in a losing battle really doesn't help much) means that the losing side can lose their last way to inflict damage especially if their nuclear production has just been shut down.

I would think would be a nice idea if it could disable improvements and that this was a choice between that and targeting infastructure so nations still had the damage option.

#4 Lorlax

Lorlax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

This adds too much power to the stronger side. If you are being hit 3 on 1 your nuclear weapons already cannot keep check. Having a 6 times chance of hitting the manhatton project everyday, which with all the wonders and improvements you suggest would still mean a 60% chance of it being disabled each day would leave such a nation essentially crippled. Especially with the current cost of only 20K and the ability to purchase instant unlimited numbers.

There is also the role of the CM as the ultimate last line weapon. No matter how badly beaten you are it has a role as the last useable weapon. To make it only effective against wonders (which if you are in a losing battle really doesn't help much) means that the losing side can lose their last way to inflict damage especially if their nuclear production has just been shut down.

I would think would be a nice idea if it could disable improvements and that this was a choice between that and targeting infrastructure so nations still had the damage option.

it would be a 15% chance of it hitting not a hit to miss ration of 15%, so it would be around a 1 in 6 chance of being hit regardless of how many are launched, of course something would have to be worked out to such as the CM's must be fired from a destroyer that has set a blockade etc because a CM only has limited range

Edited by Lorlax, 14 January 2013 - 04:04 AM.

#5 Icewolf

Icewolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Each missile gets 15% chance of striking. If you fire six of them that gives you a 60% chance of hitting with one of them. With three attackers able to launch two each a day that means your manhatton project will fail 60% of the time.

#6 Lummerian Empire

Lummerian Empire

I want to be the race car.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Nation Name:Lummerian Empire
  • Alliance Name:The Order of the Paradox

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

This user has stated my opinion as well.

#7 Lorlax

Lorlax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

it's simply, replace the current cruise missiles with a short-medium ranged rocket, the current CM works more like the rockets that hamas fire into Israeli rather than the cruise missiles that NATO used to attack Libya

#8 USMC123

USMC123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
  • Nation Name:USMC Nation
  • Alliance Name:GOONS

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Each missile gets 15% chance of striking. If you fire six of them that gives you a 60% chance of hitting with one of them. With three attackers able to launch two each a day that means your manhatton project will fail 60% of the time.

Uh. Thats not how odds work. Each missile having will have 15% chance of hitting. They are independant of each other so the odds wouldn't stack like that. Now if a nation had the option of shooting a salvo (as in both of their missiles at once) they could have say a 40% chance of one hitting or a 20% chance of both hitting or something.

#9 Icewolf

Icewolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

Uh. Thats not how odds work. Each missile having will have 15% chance of hitting. They are independant of each other so the odds wouldn't stack like that. Now if a nation had the option of shooting a salvo (as in both of their missiles at once) they could have say a 40% chance of one hitting or a 20% chance of both hitting or something.

I never said the odds "stack." If I had made that mistake I would have said there was a 90% chance not a 60%.

15% odds of success in each of 6 independent events does not mean an overall chance of 15%.

The odds of there not being a successful strike with any single missile is 85%. 0.85^6 is 0.377. Or 37.7%

Therefore the odds of there being at least one hit is 62.3%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users