• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • Nation Name:Kaitain
  • Alliance Name:New Pacific Order
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Caladin
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:Ordo Paradoxia

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

The current situation: The current time between wonder purchases are constant.

The problem with the current situation: New nation are unable to attain a number of wonders that are comparable to older, more established nations; faced with this issue, newer nations may delete rather than playing anyway.

My suggestion: Change the formula to a square root graph. thus meaning that younger nations can catch up with older nations faster, while still giving older nations an advantage over younger ones.
The equation I suggest would be (2/3*30^(1/2)*n^(1/2)+10); at the start the the period between wonders is just fourteen days; for the thirtieth and last wonder, the period that must be waited after obtaining the second last one is thirty days; overall, the time to obtain all thirty wonders would be 700 days; a reduction of 200 days from the current time of 900 days.
The graph below displays the length of time between wonders depending compared to the number of wonders build under this formula.
Posted Image

How this is an improvement over the current situation: By reducing the initial time to obtain wonders, you allow younger nations to be competitive with older nations faster, and as such those younger nations are less likely to give up on playing. Of course, the tech issue will remain, but by reducing the scale of the wonder issue the difference will be reduced.

Edit/
Failed to close parentheses

Edited by Caladin, 02 December 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#2 HM Solomon I

HM Solomon I

His Majesty the Royal Pooper of Parties

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Nation Name:Kingdom of the Truth

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

The only problem is that new nations don't typically have a lot of income, so it'll still take them a long time to actually afford a wonder.

#3 Letterkenny

Letterkenny

You only aspire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Nation Name:Letterkenny
  • Alliance Name:Kashmir

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

The only problem is that new nations don't typically have a lot of income, so it'll still take them a long time to actually afford a wonder.

It's not perfect, but I love this idea. I remember how frustrating it was saving up. It's boring, especially when there's no war going on. This sets more realistic goals. Plus it could further motivate alliances to contribute toward smaller nations showing proper growth and reaching for those wonders - getting everyone on the same page and that much closer to nukes is very beneficial come war time.

#4 Samwise

Samwise

:Awesome:

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Nation Name:Gladius
  • Alliance Name:Green Old Party
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Green Dragon
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:War Dodgers

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Not necessarily. If they tech deal correctly and actually read guides, I've seen nations be able to afford their first wonder around 2 months old while still making infra purchases and maintaining a warchest.

I've been seeing a lot of rerolls come back, and this would certainly peak their interest in their pursuit of their former glory.

Edited by Samwise, 02 December 2012 - 01:53 AM.

#5 Icewolf

Icewolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts
  • Nation Name:Icicle City

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

I think this idea is interesting. Certainly for those in the top 60% of nations you are earning enough (if your nation is run correctly) for the time barrier to be frustrating so I think the income issue is less than stated.

#6 Samwise

Samwise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Something you would need to add in is a clock that tells you how soon you can make your next wonder purchase, so that you can plan your collections/infra jumps accordingly. That's what was nice about being able to buy wonders every 30 days. It was very easy to plan out your purchases.

Also, the catch 22 of this is that while it allows you to purchase wonders faster, it also allows you to run out of wonders to buy faster. If this change was implemented, there needs to be more incentives for senior nations to remain interested.

#7 Caladin

Caladin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • Nation Name:Kaitain
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Caladin
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:Ordo Paradoxia

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Something you would need to add in is a clock that tells you how soon you can make your next wonder purchase, so that you can plan your collections/infra jumps accordingly. That's what was nice about being able to buy wonders every 30 days. It was very easy to plan out your purchases.

Also, the catch 22 of this is that while it allows you to purchase wonders faster, it also allows you to run out of wonders to buy faster. If this change was implemented, there needs to be more incentives for senior nations to remain interested.

The ancient nations have (for the most part) run out of wonders to buy, anyway, and they haven't deleted.
I feel the most important thing to do is bring old nations back or new ones in; if they delete after 700 days instead of 900, then so be it.

#8 Samwise

Samwise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

The ancient nations have (for the most part) run out of wonders to buy, anyway, and they haven't deleted.
I feel the most important thing to do is bring old nations back or new ones in; if they delete after 700 days instead of 900, then so be it.

Plenty ancient nations have deleted, which helps account for membership steadily declining and so many rerolls. :P

#9 Avicenna

Avicenna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Nation Name:Wessex

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

They still have the tech advantage. Nothing needs to change for them, at least in regards to this proposal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users