LexLuthor18

No Matching Nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Nation Name:Killuminati Empire
  • Alliance Name:MAXIMUM CARNAGE

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Wouldn't it be cool if a couple of people created a group of nations that are payed to deal with troublesome rogues, sort of like hit-men or mercenaries. Share your opinion and be honest.

#2 D34th

D34th

The Reaper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts
  • Nation Name:Anarchism
  • Alliance Name:Neutral Menace

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Wouldn't it be cool if a couple of people created a group of nations that are payed to deal with troublesome rogues, sort of like hit-men or mercenaries. Share your opinion and be honest.

In past people tried to create mercenary alliances but all attempts failed miserably.

#3 LexLuthor18

LexLuthor18

No Matching Nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

In past people tried to create mercenary alliances but all attempts failed miserably.

Why did they fail?

#4 D34th

D34th

The Reaper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Why did they fail?

Because be a mercenary is impracticable with the current game mechanics, the amount of money you can send is very limited (27 millions to nations with FAC and DRA, 18m to nations with DRA and 15m to regular nations each 10 days.) and wars, mainly those who involve nukes, cost much more than that. There are others problems, like trust issues and political ones.

#5 LexLuthor18

LexLuthor18

No Matching Nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Because be a mercenary is impracticable with the current game mechanics, the amount of money you can send is very limited (27 millions to nations with FAC and DRA, 18m to nations with DRA and 15m to regular nations each 10 days.) and wars, mainly those who involve nukes, cost much more than that. There are others problems, like trust issues and political ones.

What if I built my nation up and charged about 3-10 mil (depending on how serious the problem is) mil to any nation or alliance that required my services to take care of a rogue? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Edited by LexLuthor18, 19 November 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#6 Lurunin

Lurunin

Parrot Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Nation Name:Brumin
  • Alliance Name:Pirates of the Parrot Order
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Brumin
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:Parrot Pirates

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

first off you wouldnt be making a profit. that 3-10mil would last you not even half a round of war. more like 2-3days depending max.

secondly its not "politically acceptable" and would probly prompt retaliations from those who either want to stir up some fun for themselves/those who dont agree with mercenaries/those who might be afraid the it would be used against them in the future and want to nip it in the bud earl.

#7 D34th

D34th

The Reaper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

What if I built my nation up and charged about 3-10 mil (depending on how serious the problem is) mil to any nation or alliance that required my services to take care of a rogue? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Please re-read my previous post where I say that a war cost much more than that.

#8 LexLuthor18

LexLuthor18

No Matching Nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Nevermind you're right

#9 potato

potato

La Mauvaise Réputation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Nation Name:MacLand

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Don't worry, it doesn't happen to him that often.

#10 D34th

D34th

The Reaper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Don't worry, it doesn't happen to him that often.

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong

#11 potato

potato

La Mauvaise Réputation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Nation Name:MacLand

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

Never said you were always wrong. Just that your being right didn't happen often.

#12 han fei zi

han fei zi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Nation Name:Torino
  • Alliance Name:Sengoku

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Everyone wants to play it safe and always think of profit; they'll make you amass tons of cash for a "possible war" and make you paranoid. Play CN they way you want to. If you want to hit nations then go ahead. Stay small so you have lots of targets and only need a couple of mil to keep you afloat.

#13 Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart

Revolution!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Nation Name:The Three Kingdoms
  • Alliance Name:The Imperial Order

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

But GOONS get paid to fight?

#14 Garion

Garion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Nation Name:Mortavalon
  • Alliance Name:R&R

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

Most rogues hit in two quite definite ranges:
- under 5k NS, where war cost very little money;
- over 60k NS, where wars and rebuilding cost a lot.

Your kind of suggested grouping of mercenaries would be very effective in the first range, in the other one two big issues would occur:
- the cost of the war itself;
- the cost of rebuilding your nation, that would probably make the fee for your services astronomical.

I think a mercenaries-hitmen alliance would do well in the lower ranges, particularly since several they could offer a range of services (hitting rogues and techscammers, fighting techsellers in a global war, etc.), but your nations will grow so fast that they will exit that range in a couple months at most.

#15 LexLuthor18

LexLuthor18

No Matching Nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Most rogues hit in two quite definite ranges:
- under 5k NS, where war cost very little money;
- over 60k NS, where wars and rebuilding cost a lot.

Your kind of suggested grouping of mercenaries would be very effective in the first range, in the other one two big issues would occur:
- the cost of the war itself;
- the cost of rebuilding your nation, that would probably make the fee for your services astronomical.

I think a mercenaries-hitmen alliance would do well in the lower ranges, particularly since several they could offer a range of services (hitting rogues and techscammers, fighting techsellers in a global war, etc.), but your nations will grow so fast that they will exit that range in a couple months at most.

I mean I'm around 1080 NS, so I think I would be fine. Idk, this game is kinda boring for me now so it was just a thought.

#16 LexLuthor18

LexLuthor18

No Matching Nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

But GOONS get paid to fight?

GOONS are an actual alliance, what I'm suggesting is not really an alliance but a group of nations who are paid to take care of problem nations.

#17 Garion

Garion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Nation Name:Mortavalon
  • Alliance Name:R&R

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

GOONS are an actual alliance, what I'm suggesting is not really an alliance but a group of nations who are paid to take care of problem nations.

Agh... That would simply mean you would be easy meat for any alliance willing to raid you.

#18 LexLuthor18

LexLuthor18

No Matching Nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Agh... That would simply mean you would be easy meat for any alliance willing to raid you.

But they will be protected by another alliance, and will only attack rogues.

#19 D34th

D34th

The Reaper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

But they will be protected by another alliance, and will only attack rogues.

How this alliance/group of nations will protect someone against rogues when they're the ones in need of protection?

#20 LexLuthor18

LexLuthor18

No Matching Nation

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

How this alliance/group of nations will protect someone against rogues when they're the ones in need of protection?

They will only attack rogues, not other AAs. They will be protected from being raided by other alliances and the alliance will not try to control them in any way unless it involves attacking rogues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users