Seeking Protectorate

Scorn

Greetings fellow rulers,

As many of you know the Mighty alliance FOK has disbanded some time ago. This reduced me to a single protectorate of active alliances. I don't feel the need to cast off my protection of the FOK alliance affiliation, but I do think I need more opportunities for action in the world. So I am considering applications for protectorate status.

Applicants need to meet several criterion for acceptance. And there is really only room for one more protectorate. I am not about to start adding treaties willy nilly like some of you out there with more then FIVE treaties to your name. For shame.

1. I will only accept a classy alliance.
2. An alliance that makes waves.
3. Full of good leadership.
4. Your allies don't suck.

Before I open the floodgates so to speak, a few observations. I considered Non Grata as many former members of Fok migrated in that direction, but your alliance is the only one that has as of yet attempted to tech raid me. Hardly seems appropriate to return a tech raid with an avowal of protection. (Not that you need it or asked for it.) I am tempted by the various members of the SF bloc since they appear to need more assistance. Although such an offer at this stage seems too late to make much difference this go around.

So anyone that thinks this is a good opportunity, please get in touch. Rarely will you find me on IRC, but message my nation, reply here in this thread (for the brave and the jesters), or send me a message via these forums and I shall consider your request for protection.

Thank you for your valuable time,

Scorn
Delusions of Grandeur

Edited by Scorn

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1340845429' post='2998889']
I do believe Non Grata are the alliance who hold the rights to protect FOK.
[/quote]

You are correct. My protectorate predates Non Gratas, but I am sure theirs shall be more effective long term. Not because I am unwilling, but rather I can only launch 3 offensive wars at a time and that is restricted to a relatively small range. So I thank Non Grata for the services they provide the heritage and remnant of FOK.

Yes, I am still around and I appreciate the public displays of affection. I am merely expanding my area of influence.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1340855261' post='2999005']
I think tR could use some protecting :)
[/quote]

[sarcasm] I am sure tR appreciates your concern for their welfare. [/sarcasm] I will not be entertaining offers made by third parties for the obvious reasons. Also it seems that tR never got attacked (therefore no need for protection) or had valid reason to attack NPL. Besides which you do not see me offering a MADP with my protectorates. NPL was gracious enough to let tR off the hook.

[quote name='Scorn' timestamp='1340856260' post='2999013']
You are correct. My protectorate predates Non Gratas, but I am sure theirs shall be more effective long term. Not because I am unwilling, but rather I can only launch 3 offensive wars at a time and that is restricted to a relatively small range. So I thank Non Grata for the services they provide the heritage and remnant of FOK.

Yes, I am still around and I appreciate the public displays of affection. I am merely expanding my area of influence.

[sarcasm] I am sure tR appreciates your concern for their welfare. [/sarcasm] I will not be entertaining offers made by third parties for the obvious reasons. Also it seems that tR never got attacked (therefore no need for protection) or had valid reason to attack NPL. Besides which you do not see me offering a MADP with my protectorates. NPL was gracious enough to let tR off the hook.
[/quote]

Based on this comment alone I would be willing to offer you the protection of NPL, if it wasn't for one small detail. Nobody in NPL is big enough to offer you protection. You are just above our highest NS nations, so if somebody did attack you, there would be nothing we could do.

That said, I offer you my sincerest wishes at finding yourself some protection.

[quote name='Chaoshawk' timestamp='1340888679' post='2999309']
We're being attacked by 4 fearsome alliances and need your help. We were enemies in another war, but you can be the hero.
[/quote]

ODN is an interesting choice. Passes the first three criteria. Fails the fourth. Your alliance made a very good showing in my previous encounter with you and I realize that my reason for rejection is purely subjective. Somehow, I feel that your current predicament shall not endanger your nations for a very prolonged period of time. I wish you well and if you ever restructure your ally setup then please be in touch.

[quote name='smurthwaite' timestamp='1340913117' post='2999530']
Based on this comment alone I would be willing to offer you the protection of NPL, if it wasn't for one small detail. Nobody in NPL is big enough to offer you protection. You are just above our highest NS nations, so if somebody did attack you, there would be nothing we could do.

That said, I offer you my sincerest wishes at finding yourself some protection.
[/quote]

I am the protector looking for an alliance that needs protection. I have a hard time imagining a place where I would need protection myself. I suppose if I were a member of Umbrella then I would need plenty of protection since I don't meet their rigid standards to be battle ready. :P

[quote name='Scorn' timestamp='1340951105' post='2999897']
I am the protector looking for an alliance that needs protection. I have a hard time imagining a place where I would need protection myself. I suppose if I were a member of Umbrella then I would need plenty of protection since I don't meet their rigid standards to be battle ready. :P
[/quote]

:facepalm:

I really am literate. I was should probably slow down and read a bit more closely.

:embarrassed:

[quote name='Ostrogothi' timestamp='1340971293' post='2999952']
Wait. You have been in a one man alliance for 200+ days? How come you haven't been ZT'ed yet?
[/quote]

I can't dictate the actions of others so you are really asking the wrong guy. I do have a policy that those that come for free tech are given 6 pretty radioactive presents instead. Maybe it is because I am not on a one nation AA and doing nothing. Last war I fought in defense of MHA. I am hoping that MHA will get off its rear and do something interesting. Could save me a lot of trouble in searching for action and adventure.

Umm, not a merc Rotavele. I don't demand payment for services other then satisfaction of active protection during times of war.

Thanks to the Mostly Harmless Alliance I believe I will have a big dance invitation in the near future. But I would still like to expand horizons and add a second protectorate. Because it is impossible to have a civil war start by defending only a single protectorate. And life without the possibility of a civil war is wanting in so many little ways.

@Drai, I am wanting to be the protector. How would I have fun if I was being protected all the time?

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1341138107' post='3001105']
Protect GOONS please :(
[/quote]
GOONS is an interesting possibility. I don't think the rankest GOONS fellow Sardonic has any use for a micro alliance. At least that is the vibe he has given off in the past. GOONS are good at making waves. Failure at the fourth criterion as well. But your other allies are world shaking alliances, so I doubt GOONS will get overextended in the current conflict or any near term conflict come to think about it. Unless that is MKs plan all along. To throw a spurious global war so that GOONS stay in tech seller range. So devious it might be the truth! :P

Sorry for not responding to your earlier request Supercoolyellow. I didn't realize you had cast aside your previous affiliation in exchange for direct conflict with GOONS. Your request is denied. If I want to just lob nukes at people for the spur of the moment, I am positive that I can find my own targets.

hormones74, you must find your pleasure in warfare closer to home. Expecting your enemy to dance to your tune is always a frustrating endeavor. Have you all tried to create your own war games to combat your combat-ennui?