Grämlins Announcement

[center][img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/c/c8/AquaX.jpg[/img][/center]

[center]While Grämlins usually do not make announcements for amendments to the Charter, this one takes special cause due to the nature of who it affects.

The amendment as follows

[quote]
Article III – War
If any nation of The Grämlins is wrongfully attacked all possible means are to be attempted to resolve the situation peacefully. Should negotiations fail, the alliance shall deploy all its forces to come to the aid of their brother.

[i][b]If a nation protected by Grämlins is attacked for the purpose of acquiring tech, Grämlins reserves the right to conduct military action without diplomatic intervention. Approval from all Conclave members is required to implement this policy.[/b][/i]

No Grämlin nation shall declare war upon another nation without orders. Any Grämlin nation must follow the orders of the Executor. Declaring war when not ordered to, or not declaring war when ordered to, shall be seen as an infringement of the charter.
[/quote]

I would also like to announce the following AA is under the protection of The Grämlins and any attack upon them will be seen as a attack upon The Grämlins themselves.
"The Hive"
"The Grämlins Hive"

The Conclave
Systemfailure - The Judicator
Bob Janova - The Executor
Nutkase - The Praetor[/center]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1335087148' post='2957055']
We don't endorse tech raiding, but neither do we forbid it...

...except against protected nations :P
[/quote]

Oh. Is there like an alliance size cap? Or is it just protected nations that are off-limits? Like I remember you praising the Spartan intervention in the AGW thing.

Might make sense for NATO to have like guidelines. Like raiding in Umbrella has really strict guidelines. No raiding alliances above 12 members and no raiding without gov approval.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335087224' post='2957056']
Oh. Is there like an alliance size cap? Or is it just protected nations that are off-limits? Like I remember you praising the Spartan intervention in the AGW thing.

Might make sense for NATO to have like guidelines. Like raiding in Umbrella has really strict guidelines. No raiding alliances above 12 members and no raiding without gov approval.
[/quote]
I don't know if I should be hijacking a Gramlins thread to explain NATO policies ;)

But yes, ours are standard guidelines, but based on alliances with 5 or more members. Alas, some members need to learn to read nation bios more carefully, and look up the CN wiki before attacking...

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1335087939' post='2957058']
I don't know if I should be hijacking a Gramlins thread to explain NATO policies ;)

But yes, ours are standard guidelines, but based on alliances with 5 or more members. Alas, some members need to learn to read nation bios more carefully, and look up the CN wiki before attacking...
[/quote]

Well it's related to NATO and NATO isn't known as a tech raiding alliance. That's all I wanted to clarify.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1335087905' post='2957057']
The language is kind of weird in the amendment. I would have just left it at "attacked" instead of adding the tech thing.
[/quote]
the making a mention of tech stops this blowing out mistaken wars, rogues from AA's and other such things, this is more for for tech raiders who fail to do their due diligence (we have a wiki for the hive, a recruitment thread on the forums, a announcement for its DoE and now this thread as well)

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1335088204' post='2957060']
the making a mention of tech stops this blowing out mistaken wars, rogues from AA's and other such things, this is more for for tech raiders who fail to do their due diligence (we have a wiki for the hive, a recruitment thread on the forums, a announcement for its DoE and now this thread as well)
[/quote]

Ok. So if NG attacks a Hive member and lists it as a "Land Raid" do we go back to the "all possible means are to be attempted to resolve the situation peacefully" portion? The announcement states that attacks on Hive members will be treated as attacks on Grämlins herself, would that bring it under the first part of that article?

Don't get me wrong, I do get it, it is just that it looks weird to me and there is nothing else to talk about at this time of night.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1335088611' post='2957062']
Ok. So if NG attacks a Hive member and lists it as a "Land Raid" do we go back to the "all possible means are to be attempted to resolve the situation peacefully" portion? The announcement states that attacks on Hive members will be treated as attacks on Grämlins herself, would that bring it under the first part of that article?

Don't get me wrong, I do get it, it is just that it looks weird to me and there is nothing else to talk about at this time of night.
[/quote]

If it feels and smells like a tech raid, I believe we will classify it as just that.

As some of you raiding folk like to say, what you put in the war declaration text doesn't state the true purpose. If it looks like a tech raid and smells like a tech raid, it will be treated as one.

This is more a clarification rather than a big change; what counts as 'negotiations failing' is at our discretion anyway, and in the case of a raid on a protected AA, where norms are clear cut (i.e. peace and reps), an alliance not agreeing to that in a timely fashion would count as 'failed negotiation' under the first part of this section anyway.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335087224' post='2957056']
[/quote]

In GATO raiding requires approval from the MoD and AC. No requirements for size of AA/ect. We leave it up to the judgement of our elected gov. ( Because God if they aren't smart enough to handle that decision we have bigger problems )

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1335088611' post='2957062']

[/quote]
land raid = tech raid, people are free to argue the wording that tech raiding isnt the same as land raiding and they are free to do so...just as we are free to ignore that completely and nuke them :)

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1335087148' post='2957055']
We don't endorse tech raiding, but neither do we forbid it...

...except against protected nations :P
[/quote]

Your guys were stupid tech raiders anyways. It's hard to consider their wars against the Hive as "tech raids."

No one should ever CM/bomb/spy in a tech raid.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1335106682' post='2957123']
All for us? If you guys want to get in our pants, just give us flowers. Sweettalking is soo slooow.
[/quote]

Your government was actually reachable and the damage for the incident is already being taken care of (aid offers out and everything). This stemmed from a different incident where an alliance appeared to have a mostly inactive government that was rather difficult to reach.

I expect the OWF to try to spin this into some kind of giant anti-NG thing, because you know you're the current bad boy of Bob and random posters from certain preaching prone alliances of course know the motivations why Gre amends its charter. While I'm fresh out of flowers, I could offer you some popcorn for when that show plays out, although I feel like we've already all seen it before a few million times.