Photo
- - - - -

Another example of Islamic tolerance and compassion...

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#1 Derwood1

Derwood1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Nation Name:Cowtown
  • Alliance Name:Non Grata

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

Interesting read.

http://english.alara.../22/202385.html

Link to report:

http://www.hrcp-web....isadvantage.pdf

edit: for Decomp...

I think this is an atrocity. Islam has a huge abuse of women problem that goes largely unreported and I really don't get why. Is everyone afraid to say something because some crazy nutcase Jihadist might show up on the newsroom floor with a bomb around their waist? Maybe so. So there you go Decomp comment on that or do you just want to point out pinhead rules?

Edited by Derwood1, 22 March 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#2 Decomposition

Decomposition

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Nation Name:Cholesky
  • Alliance Name:Non-Grata

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Interesting read.

Link to report:

On a related note point 3 in the following link is also really interesting.
http://forums.cybern...p?showtopic=218

#3 Golan 1st

Golan 1st

DAWN

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Nation Name:Danieland
  • Alliance Name:Democratic Alliance of Wise Nations

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

We have this (and blood vengeance) in Israel too. In large parts of the Arab society in Israel, it's socially acceptable. The leaders of this public either shut their mouths completely about this or are hardly heard. It's not limited to certain uneducated groups, but can be found everywhere. These murderers are not considered criminals in their own social reference group and in such conditions, law enforcement alone cannot achieve much.

As for the problem in large, it's obvious. Criticizing Muslims is politically incorrect. In the rare cases when it's done, you must emphasize that it's only the extremist when it's nowadays the mainstream in many Islamic societies.

#4 Hereno

Hereno

Pax et Bonum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,344 posts
  • Nation Name:Lancashire
  • Alliance Name:NSO

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:33 AM

Honor killings are due to the cultural beliefs and traditions in those areas. It doesn't really have anything to do with Islam.

#5 Golan 1st

Golan 1st

DAWN

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

Honor killings are due to the cultural beliefs and traditions in those areas. It doesn't really have anything to do with Islam.

It's common in Islamic communities.
It does not really matter if it's in the Quran or not.

#6 KaiserMelech Mikhail

KaiserMelech Mikhail

BEAT BAYLUH!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,298 posts
  • Nation Name:Marscurian Empire
  • Alliance Name:Orange Defense Network

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

It's common in Islamic communities.
It does not really matter if it's in the Quran or not.

It's common in Islamic societies because Islam spread to regions where people did this already. This is a practice based off of a culture of tribal clans where family honor comes first. It has nothing to do with Islam, just people who happen to be Muslims.

#7 Golan 1st

Golan 1st

DAWN

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:45 AM

It's common in Islamic societies because Islam spread to regions where people did this already. This is a practice based off of a culture of tribal clans where family honor comes first. It has nothing to do with Islam, just people who happen to be Muslims.

So it's just incidentally common among Muslims and not others :lol1:

#8 Voodoo Nova

Voodoo Nova

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,404 posts
  • Nation Name:Novak

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

Honor killings are a common occurrence in the Balkan region, which is a predominately Christian region.

Edited by Voodoo Nova, 23 March 2012 - 07:01 AM.

#9 Freddy

Freddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Nation Name:Wussyland
  • Alliance Name:United Purple Nations
  • CN:TE Nation Name:adventuretime
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:The Phoenix Cobras

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Reminds me of something I've been saying for years...not all Muslims are Islamic fundamentalists, but all Islamic fundamentalists are Muslim.

#10 Merrie Melodies

Merrie Melodies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Nation Name:Merrie Melodies
  • Alliance Name:Prototype

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

It could also be that those weak minded fools that see nothing wrong with killing your or their families over honor were also just a susceptible to Islam.

#11 MrMuz

MrMuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Nation Name:Temp Nation
  • CN:TE Nation Name:Kuzir
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:Order of the Snowflake

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

It's common in conservative Hindu India too. Don't blame a single religion, blame conservatives and traditionalists.

#12 Decomposition

Decomposition

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Nation Name:Cholesky
  • Alliance Name:Non-Grata

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Interesting read.

Link to report:

edit: for Decomp...

I think this is an atrocity. Islam has a huge abuse of women problem that goes largely unreported and I really don't get why. Is everyone afraid to say something because some crazy nutcase Jihadist might show up on the newsroom floor with a bomb around their waist? Maybe so. So there you go Decomp comment on that or do you just want to point out pinhead rules?

The reason why it goes unreported is because it is so very unsurprising. Combine a general lack of education with religious documents and doctrines that appear to be designed to result in the subordination of women and you get horrendous widespread abuses of women. The idea that this is not widely known is silly, although I do agree that PC considerations do tend to result in abuses justified by religion to not be focused on in sufficient details.

Rules of discourse are there to facilitate discussion - they are not "pinhead" rules.

#13 Vaal Satori

Vaal Satori

A drop of rain, in search of the ocean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • Nation Name:Arkanodia
  • Alliance Name:TPMA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

The last time I checked, 1 in 5 women in the United States would be raped at least once during their life, and domestic violence was the leading cause of injury amongst young and middle-aged women. It's pretty obvious that many Islamic nations have a problem with showing respect for women, but I've attended too many fraternity and bachelor parties to be able to deny that my own nation shares many of those same problems. So my opinions on this matter are simple, and can best be summarized by the teachings of history's wisest men:

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." - Jesus of Nazareth

"To straighten the crooked You must first do a harder thing - Straighten yourself." - Gautama Buddha

#14 The Disco Commandant

The Disco Commandant

Bringin' the funk wherever he goes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • Nation Name:Terre du nord
  • Alliance Name:TIO

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

The last time I checked, 1 in 5 women in the United States would be raped at least once during their life, and domestic violence was the leading cause of injury amongst young and middle-aged women. It's pretty obvious that many Islamic nations have a problem with showing respect for women, but I've attended too many fraternity and bachelor parties to be able to deny that my own nation shares many of those same problems. So my opinions on this matter are simple, and can best be summarized by the teachings of history's wisest men:

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." - Jesus of Nazareth

"To straighten the crooked You must first do a harder thing - Straighten yourself." - Gautama Buddha

The (enourmous) being that such treatment of women is neither encouraged or legal, unlike with the people this thread is discussing

#15 Iscariot

Iscariot

Everything in the State, nothing against the State

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Nation Name:Hypnopolis

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

If only they could come to the rational understanding that murder is wrong.

#16 Dennis Von Bremen

Dennis Von Bremen

The German Turk Assasinator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts
  • Nation Name:New Bremen

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

Alright? Christians used to burn witches, what's the difference?

So we advanced quicker than they did, give me a break. Islam is not some evil religion, the people there are dirt poor and still living in their ancient ways. Islam has about jack to do with it.

#17 Markus Wilding

Markus Wilding

Think different.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,049 posts
  • Nation Name:Alvonia
  • Alliance Name:Shangri-La

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

If only people realized war is wrong.
If only people realized crime hurts people.
If only people realized that politicians lie.

Honestly, this can be applied to anything.

#18 Caliph

Caliph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts
  • Nation Name:Caliphate
  • Alliance Name:Doom Squad
  • CN:TE Nation Name:TheRZA
  • CN:TE Alliance Name:TE Police

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

They have come to the rational conclusion that murder is acceptable in certain situations which warrant a killing.

How is that different from times we in the west allow killing?

#19 Dennis Von Bremen

Dennis Von Bremen

The German Turk Assasinator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts
  • Nation Name:New Bremen

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

They have come to the rational conclusion that murder is acceptable in certain situations which warrant a killing.

How is that different from times we in the west allow killing?

Hell we allow killing now. Or what do we call it when we shoot people in Afghanistan?

#20 Alfred von Tirpitz

Alfred von Tirpitz

People don't forget. Nothing gets forgiven.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts
  • Nation Name:K252strin
  • Alliance Name:Ragnarok

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Hell we allow killing now. Or what do we call it when we shoot people in Afghanistan?

Hush you! Its called "giving them the gift of democracy and stopping the carnage".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users