Announcement from Nordreich and The German Empire

By my estimation, TGE has spent enough time as our protectorate. We've still got things to work on but I say we work on them as partners. Here's to us.

[center][img]http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9846/nortgecn.png[/img][/center]

[quote]
A Mutual Defense and Optional Aggression Pact Between Nordreich and The German Empire

PREAMBLE

In the interests of mutual welfare and security, and to progress friendships between our two peoples, The German Empire and Nordreich hereby agree to this Mutual Defense, Optional Aggression Pact (MDoAP).

ARTICLE I
NON-AGGRESSION

In-game aggression between the members of The German Empire and the Nordreich is strictly forbidden. In-game includes, but is not limited to: sanctions, war declarations, furnishing aid to nations or alliances at war with either signatory alliance, and any form of espionage, whether in-game or otherwise.

ARTICLE II
COMMUNICATION

Nordreich and The German Empire recognize their duty to maintain and build on their current relations. The signatories hereto further agree to refrain from any public criticism of the other signatory or members of the respective signatory alliances.

Any violation of this Article II and the preceding Article I will be addressed in private channels in a spirit of mutual respect and cooperation. In pursuit of solidarity, both parties agree to meet regularly and discuss outstanding issues, in addition to exploring ways on how to better promote cohesion between the peoples of The German Empire and Nordreich.

ARTICLE III
INTELLIGENCE

Nordreich and The German Empire agree that, should either party through any means whatsoever come into possession of information concerning the safety or standing of the other they are bound to share it with the other party through private channels at the earliest possible opportunity.

ARTICLE IV
MUTUAL DEFENSE/OPTIONAL AGGRESSION

Should either signatory find themselves under attack from a foreign entity the other shall, upon request, be obliged to come to their defense. Should either signatory initiate an attack on a foreign entity, they may request the military assistance from the other but such assistance is not mandatory. The articles within this agreement shall not be triggered or dictated by any other such agreements that he signatories may hold with another foreign entity at any given time (non-chaining).

ARTICLE V
TREATY NULLIFICATION

Immediate termination of this treaty occurs when one of its terms has been violated. Both parties are encouraged to observe Article II to determine whether a violation has a diplomatic solution.

If a signatory wishes to terminate this agreement without citing a specific article violation, 72 hour notice must be given. After the 72 hour notification period has elapsed, all articles of this agreement will be considered null and void.[/quote]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1330471227' post='2930224']
My biggest motivation for doing this is the hope that K-Fred himself somehow sees it.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if he's still out there some where. :P

Personally, this is the greatest day of my CN career. Not so long ago these two alliances didn't see eye to eye. Today we turn over a new leaf, working together under a treaty that many thought would never happen. I am happy to be a part of this historical event. As Kaiser of The German Empire, I can honestly say that this is the greatest achievement to date, and I would like to thank the citizens of TGE for making this possible. Hopefully this is proof that the old ways of TGE are a thing of the past.

I cannot thank my friends over at Nordreich enough. There is an old saying over there. "You never really leave Nordreich", this treaty makes that even more true.

o/ TGE/NoR

Edited by King Tower IV

[quote name='Colonel Heinrich' timestamp='1330535223' post='2930650']
This makes me sick. Not because of Nordreich. They are a good alliance. That other one though....
[/quote]

What makes you sick is the fact that this is a feat you could never accomplish. Do you remember what happened to you the last time you spurted off at the mouth about the new TGE, or shall I remind you?