The Combine Announcment

BloodFury

[center][img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/4/45/The_Combine_Flag.png[/img][/center]

[center][b]Concerning Ragnarok[/b][/center]

Since the start of the recent internal turmoil The Combine has remained resolute and strong in standing besides the members of Ragnarok. We had a treaty, and we weren't simply going to stand by and abandon the innocent members of Ragnarok from the internal turmoils they were facing. When both sides asked us who we supported, we said neither. We had friends on both sides of the conflict and we weren't getting involved for any of the reasons they told us for why their side was right and the other side was wrong. We however do not support coups, so we cannot back a revolutionary government. It has been a couple days since the government of the Ragnarok Revolution have taken control of the alliance and we have maintained the treaty and have worked diligently to do what we could to protect the members of Ragnarok. At this point in time however the last couple of days many of our efforts have been undermined and humiliated by parties within the government of the Revolutionaries. We have informed Ragnarok that we were suspending our treaty with them. We have no intentions to cancel on them, however we do not feel that they are stable enough, and the air around them is not stable enough. We will still be maintaining an ODP presence towards them. We are here for the members of Ragnarok and will do what we can for them but we will not take responsibility for defending the Ragnarok Revolutionary Government. No one can say we weren't ready to defend them, and no one can say that we have not tried our hardest to take the diplomacy to the next level for them. I have had many queries over the past few days with many different governments that wanted a piece of Ragnarok. I have done what I could do however things are turning to a point where The Combine can no longer protect the entirety of Ragnarok from the storm they are creating for themselves.

I would also like to take this moment to apologize to Ragnarok and the rest of this community at large for what has happened to Ragnarok. I take blame on this matter as I saw what was going to happen prior to it happening and I didn't lift a finger to do anything to prevent it. My decision to not pick sides has left Ragnarok in a state of shambles and the community at large sneering in their direction. I saw the events that were about to unfold before my eyes and I did nothing. I should have attempted to have all parties talk before things started to break down as they did. I could have made the then government talk things over with the members and maybe some better resolution could have been achieved. If I had put my foot into the door, even if at the end Bob Ilyani and Joe Stupid were removed from power, it would of been under different circumstances, ones which would have been more recognizable by the rest of this community, and ones that would of made the transition of power more peaceful and less hostile. For this I must bow my head humbly and ask the Cybernations community to forgive me for my inaction to prevent this from happening. I am truly and honestly sorry for not doing more, my apprehension has caused damage that is irreversible to the Ragnarok community, so please forgive me.

[center][b]Concerning R.O.C.K.[/b][/center]

A couple days ago the alliance known as R.O.C.K. was raided by Non Grata, FOK, and Umbrella. It has become increasingly aware to The Combine that Ragnarok is in no political or military position with their current internal turmoil to provide the attention and protection they deserve. They are an old community of dedicated players to that singular community. Because of this they were Tech Raided on the 29th. I contacted one of the government members of one of the tech raiding alliances and they were very understanding of my concerns and worries. Peace was sent to all the nations and the person said they would do what they could to stop the tech raids from being continued. I was very appreciative of this, however with Ragnarok's future uncertain, and R.O.C.K. unable to properly represent themselves we of The Combine have decided to step up to the plate.

The Combine will be protecting R.O.C.K. from this point forward until further notice.

We realize we are not the strongest alliance in the world, or the most protected but we hope you understand our good intentions here to give more to a community that deserves more.

We will continue to do what we can for Ragnarok, and will do our best to give R.O.C.K. all that they deserve which is so much more than we could ever dream of possibly giving them.

Thank you for your time.

-BloodFury [i]The Hive Mind[/i]

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1328068437' post='2912164']
[s]Someone needs [/s]Your god commands you to do some distortion mapping on that flag to make it more realistic.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same exact thing.

[OOC]Its one thing if your texturing is subtle, but in that flag, it most certianly is not. You can't just add that kind of effect without modifying the base image and expect it to look good.[/OOC]

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1328068437' post='2912164']
Snip
[/quote]

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1328068629' post='2912172']
Snip
[/quote]

Off topic, but it isn't and wasn't meant to be the official flag. It was something put together as a temporary fill and we haven't had time to work on something better, so I apologize for that.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1328068629' post='2912172']
I was thinking the same exact thing.

[OOC]Its one thing if your texturing is subtle, but in that flag, it most certianly is not. You can't just add that kind of effect without modifying the base image and expect it to look good.[/OOC]
[/quote]

[size="1"]Agrees, makes note to have someone work on it.[/size]