Anders als die anderen (unlike the other)

isolde

[center][img]http://images.tgecn.com/mop/Stamps&Banners/OA.png[/img][/center]

Recently a simple tech deal became the centre of a government query. It was checked for accuracy and upon investigation we confirmed the mishap, the TGECN nation in question had gone inactive. The Kaiser saw fit to take it upon himself to pay the tech owed. However this was not in anyway setting a precedent. It was a one time good will payment, and was in no way a sign that any or all tech deals that went south would be guaranteed. At this time the respective alliances agreed to leave each other well alone.

As is standard practice within many alliances when war is declared Tech deals are suspended until peace is brokered. So with many nations and alliances declaring peace and beginning a rebuilding process to reclaim their nation strength reimbursment is now being sought.A previous Emperor inaugerated a failed economic policy that was introduced under the pretence of economic prowess.

It is therefore necessary, for the protection and well being of our members to admonish any TGECN member enrolled in the "Emperors boost program", and place them under conservatorship.

[quote="The Citizens Code"]Article 3c: Accountability and Ownership of the Tech Deal
The German Empire does its best to educate its members on how to properly tech deal. We process all of our members through an academy, where they learn what a tech deal is and how it is properly performed, as well as the specific components. A Tech Buyer, whether foreign or domestic, makes a tech deal with the Tech Seller, and not The German Empire. As such, should a Tech Seller default on their payment, The German Empire is under no obligation, nor expectation, to cover any loss or debt incurred as a result. The Seller is held accountable for their action or inaction. This article is retroactive. This Article was ratified on November 16, 2011[/quote]

Now we know that many promises were made to alliances such as RoK, Asgaard and the like to furnace them with tech if they injected a certain amount of $$$ to our selling nations. However this "boost" program was underwritten by our former Emperor and is not upheld or endorsed by the current government. If you have issue with non delivery take it to the Broker. The agreements and promisary notes were signed off by our previous emperor, a man who wrote into our citizens code that we as an alliance would not be accountable for deals that went down the pan. I therefore ask that those alliances and nations who are still owed tech pm me with the facts and figures owed so I can either enable the dealings to be completed or more preferably I suggest you approach Anson yourself and get him to personally recompense you for your troubles as it was he who guaranteed them be filled.

All ties to this defunct economic program are hereby severed cleanly and without malice.

We would also like to take this opportunity to say we in no way agree with or endorse the "Reroll identity change plan" also instigated by our former Emperor. This program is designed to cause maximum disruption to the building of solid economies and to affect relationships between allies, by trying to undermine a very basic foundation of trust... the trade circle. At best it is ill thought through. The TGECN government under the leadership of King Tower will always act with Integrity and work with its allies and friends to fix these incumbrances.

The demands of internal growth are incomparably more important to us...than the need for any external expansion of our power.

Edit: The Emperors boost program,was a financial program managed and outlined by a previous emperor though will endeavour to pay tech owed as quickly as possible through alternative agreements if and only if evidence of owed monies can be proved beyond shadow of a doubt

Oh and move along don't no dramaz here.

Edit: to remove first two paragraphs which were borrowed for effect

Edited by isolde

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='isolde' timestamp='1326383117' post='2898076']
Now we know that many promises were made to alliances such as RoK, Asgaard and the like to furnace them with tech if they injected a certain amount of $$$ to our selling nations. However this "boost" program was underwritten by our former Emperor and is not upheld or endorsed by the current government. If you have issue with non delivery take it to the Broker.

[...]

tl;dr: TGECN cancels our participation in The Emperors boost program, though will endeavour to pay tech owed as quickly as possible through alternative agreements if and only if evidence of owed monies can be proved beyond shadow of a doubt

[/quote]

tl;dr: No one in their right mind should take your government at its word, because if you change leadership, all bets are off and all promises broken?

Pray tell, what is an alternative agreement to paying back tech that your government promised?

I'm not sure why you decided to adopt and modify one of my past announcements for this. It made reading the announcement terribly awkward. I do wish you would have at least asked first. I'm not claiming copyright or anything, it's just really creepy. I'll be keeping a close eye on this TGE because if I'm reading this all right, I'm not much of a fan.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1326385377' post='2898114']
Wait, so did RoK and Asgaard send you guys money already and you're not paying them back ow what? Serious question, I'm probably misunderstanding something.
[/quote]

We have approached the RoK government and they are looking into what was sent and to whom and if anything is still owed, unfortunately we have no written records as they were private deals brokered through our former Emperor, and he left no instructions as to the status of said transactions.

[quote name='schad']Pray tell, what is an alternative agreement to paying back tech that your government promised?[/quote]

not our government our former emperor, and once we ascertain how much wealth was distributed and to whom we will be able to see who needs to repay what, and who will be out of pocket. I have already traced one deal and that can be resolved by a simple tech deal, money was sent and the tech will be paid. As to the rest of them I have yet to make any findings.

[quote name='xander'] But hey, good luck moving forward![/quote]

we will move forward, we are making sure of that.

[quote name='isolde' timestamp='1326388223' post='2898134']
not our government our former emperor[/quote]

Yeah. It doesn't really get more government-y than your emperor, and whatever circumstances they left under, if they made promises in the name of your alliance, your alliance made those promises.

[quote]I have already traced one deal and that can be resolved by a simple tech deal, money was sent and the tech will be paid. As to the rest of them I have yet to make any findings.

[/quote]

This is good to hear, because the phrasing of the OP (especially the part where those who sent money need prove it "beyond shadow of a doubt") and the general air of blame-shifting sounded as if you were planning to try to weasel your way out of making good on the promised tech.

Edited by Schad

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1326388462' post='2898136']

This is good to hear, because the phrasing of the OP (especially the part where those who sent money need prove it "beyond shadow of a doubt") and the general air of blame-shifting sounded as if you were planning to try to weasel your way out of making good on the promised tech.
[/quote]

We are not fools, whilst we want to make sure everyone is appeased and not left out of pocket there is a burden of proof. We have already asked all our members to account for deals promised and not fulfilled so we can get any and all unresolved deals rendered as quickly as possible, a schedule of payment if you like, this will free everyone concerned from the ties that bind and allow for a more proficient and proven rebuilding plan for our own nations to take effect immediately.

Many on both sides of the war lost a good deal of Infrastructure and Technology, and no matter what political reasons are given, the underlying reason is always economic. We merely seek to get our own rebuilding plan into action without being beholden to those who seek only to destroy our good name and reputation.

My fear is that some nations were told to reroll so they could escape payment of said tech and not be accountable or held responsible for the failing of this ill conceived plan. That is fraud and obviously punishable.

That said if nations have gone inactive, are now ghosting or have moved alliances we really don't have any control over their character or judgement and the fault of unrealised deals lies primarily with the broker.

[quote name='Auctor' timestamp='1326389712' post='2898146']
keeping promises does not seem to be a hallmark of TGE under this Emperor.
[/quote]

I take it you are talking about the Emperor who recently left, not the present Kaiser. King Tower has broken no promises in fact it is under his guidance that we did a full audit of nations, constitution and governance practice to make sure there were no monsters lurking in the closet to bite us on the ass. That is diligence, character and good leadership.

[quote name='isolde' timestamp='1326390658' post='2898154']
I take it you are talking about the Emperor who recently left, not the present Kaiser. King Tower has broken no promises in fact it is under his guidance that we did a full audit of nations, constitution and governance practice to make sure there were no monsters lurking in the closet to bite us on the ass. That is diligence, character and good leadership.
[/quote]
Nope, I mean this one. [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=108036&view=findpost&p=2893684]linky[/url]

I feel betrayed and disappointed. How can we expect those who are not faithful in the little things to be faithful in the things which are great?!

[quote name='isolde' timestamp='1326390440' post='2898150']
We are not fools, whilst we want to make sure everyone is appeased and not left out of pocket there is a burden of proof. We have already asked all our members to account for deals promised and not fulfilled so we can get any and all unresolved deals rendered as quickly as possible, a schedule of payment if you like, this will free everyone concerned from the ties that bind and allow for a more proficient and proven rebuilding plan for our own nations to take effect immediately.

Many on both sides of the war lost a good deal of Infrastructure and Technology, and no matter what political reasons are given, the underlying reason is always economic. We merely seek to get our own rebuilding plan into action without being beholden to those who seek only to destroy our good name and reputation.

My fear is that some nations were told to reroll so they could escape payment of said tech and not be accountable or held responsible for the failing of this ill conceived plan. That is fraud and obviously punishable.

That said if nations have gone inactive, are now ghosting or have moved alliances we really don't have any control over their character or judgement and the fault of unrealised deals lies primarily with the broker.
[/quote]

All of that sounds fine up until the final graf. The fault may be with the broker, but the reality is that if promises were made in the name of your alliance, it would probably be a good idea to reimburse those affected even if results in TGE being out a bit of tech. This isn't a veiled threat or anything...you could probably get away with the "not our problem, caveat emptor" line of defense, but you'll have one hell of a time convincing any sane person to buy tech off your alliance in the future.

Edited by Schad

[quote name='Auctor' timestamp='1326390951' post='2898155']
Nope, I mean this one. [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=108036&view=findpost&p=2893684]linky[/url]

I feel betrayed and disappointed. How can we expect those who are not faithful in the little things to be faithful in the things which are great?!
[/quote]

lol ok Auctor I'll give ya that one... my fault as we wanted to clear this mess up so we can actually reach that mark rather than be hunted down for non payment of goods owing. Apologys

[quote name ="schad']All of that sounds fine up until the final graf. The fault may be with the broker, but the reality is that if promises were made in the name of your alliance, it would probably be a good idea to reimburse those affected even if results in TGE being out a bit of tech. This isn't a veiled threat or anything...you could probably get away with the "not our problem, caveat emptor" line of defense, but you'll have one hell of a time convincing any sane person to buy tech off your alliance in the future.[/quote]

They were made in the name of the Emperor, and we are aware of that fact hence the offer to make a schedule of payment, however for that to happen we need to know what is owed. Thank you Alfred I will indeed look into that option.

I paid some guy 9 million like a month and a half ago that was supposed to be for 150-200 tech I believe?

I was gonna track someone down about it but then the war got in the way.

Oh I looked it up I was dealing with czar lazar.

Your move TGE.

Edited by commander thrawn

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1326387737' post='2898132']
I'm not sure why you decided to adopt and modify one of my past announcements for this. It made reading the announcement terribly awkward. I do wish you would have at least asked first. I'm not claiming copyright or anything, it's just really creepy. I'll be keeping a close eye on this TGE because if I'm reading this all right, I'm not much of a fan.
[/quote]

It's not a modification. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96682&st=0"]It's literally a blatant rip off. [/url]

[quote]The demands of internal growth are incomparably more important to us...than the need for any external expansion of our power.
[/quote]

A different TGE indeed..

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1326393400' post='2898176']
I paid some guy 9 million like a month and a half ago that was supposed to be for 150-200 tech I believe?

Your move TGE.
[/quote]

Thank you Thrawn, I will get back to you via IGM

Yeah, just because Anson is gone doesn't dissolve you responsibility for the tech deals between Ragnarok and The German Empire. Your charter point is invalid when the deal is made between your alliance government on the behalf of your tech sellers. So yes, I will make sure that our Finance people look into the specifics of any tech that is not paid, because when we make deals we like to actually, you know, have them occur.

I applaud NoR's patience in their relationship with you guys.

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1326393400' post='2898176']

Your move TGE.
[/quote]

I had the same deal with czar lazar 9 million for 200 tech. Here's the spreadsheet that we were linked to for payment dates you have to click back to November/December: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=h9tl8jd1q7pqb37dqddr918dg8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

Anson offered the same deal to me. Glad I didn't take it.

And in the spirit of giving an opinion where it probably isn't wanted, (you post on the OWF, you open yourself up to these things) the OP does read like you're announcing "we have a different emperor now, so all the deals the previous one made are null and void...tough luck."

I get from reading the comments after that that isn't exactly what you're saying - but that is how the announcement "sounds." So, it could have been much better written.

Personally, given the same situation I would have talked with the alliances involved and tried to work it out without making an OWF statement. Especially if your intent is to avoid drama.

Edited by White Chocolate