The Union of South American Nations

Lynneth

[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/UNASUR.png[/img]
[size="6"]The Union of South American Nations[/size][/center]

[center][b]Preamble:[/b] We, the sovereign nations signing this treaty, in order to form a stable organization, ensure peace and security, and extend a sphere of prosperity onto the continent of South America, do hereby establish this mutual treaty of military and political cooperation.
For unity, protection, peace and prosperity, we have come together to form the Union of South American Nations, [b]USAN[/b]. [/center]

[u][b][size="5"]Article I:[/u] Sovereignty[/size][/b]
[b]I.a)[/b] Each of the nations bearing a signature on this treaty hereby declares that they will uphold the values and honor of said signatories' sovereignty. They agree not to invade, interfere in internal affairs, or oppress the other signatory that partakes in this treaty.

[u][b][size="5"]Article II:[/u] Intelligence and Non-Aggression[/size][/b]
[b]II.a)[/b] None of the undersigned shall engage in hostile acts against the other. Hostile acts are defined as actions which have the intention to harm the other nation. In the event such acts happen, the nation at fault is expected to pay equal reparations, if requested.
[b]II.b)[/b] If any nation has or acquires intelligence about a threat to another signatory, it is their duty to inform them. Sharing intelligence about happenings in each nation's respective regions of South America is highly encouraged, but not necessary.

[u][b][size="5"]Article III:[/u] Military Cooperation[/size][/b]
[b]III.a)[/b] Signatories agree to defend one another in the event that one comes under attack. This includes financial, political, and military assistance to the best of the signatories’ abilities.
[b]III.b)[/b] In the case of a member attacking a nation not in the treaty they have full, sovereign right to do so with a proper Casus Belli (Just War).
[b]III.c)[/b] Should signatories choose to engage in Just offensive warfare they may request assistance but first must inform designated representatives of the other signatories prior to the conflict, over private channels to request assistance, unless presented with urgent national security threats.
[b]III.d)[/b] The designated representatives are required to maintain operational security once informed of the planned military action whether they agree to participate or not.
[b]III.e)[/b] In the event of a Just War, all signatories have the right to aid in any way they deem appropriate as long as there is an unanimous vote to do so. This support will not be considered an act of all treaty holders unless publicly stated as such.
[b]III.f)[/b] In the event of a signatory attacking a foreign power for extortion, purely economic means or for the destruction of that nation, without a valid Casus Belli and for no true reason, the treaty does not support them.
[b]III.g)[/b] In the event of foreign nation attacking or extorting a South American non-member in exchange for safety from attack it may be considered an act against all members of this treaty and action may be taken on a case by case basis.

[u][b][size="5"]Article IV:[/u] On Technological Advancement[/size][/b]
[b]IV.a)[/b] A better world through technology is a belief shared by all signatories of this document. In spirit of this belief signatory parties agree to assist eachother, where appropriate in the development and advancement of technologies, at their individual discretion. A public forum for technology is to be established to enable the free sharing and development of ideas between the peoples of all nations.

[u][b][size="5"]Article V:[/u] Trade[/size][/b]
[b]V.a)[/b] All signatories agree to abolish tariffs for trade with other signatories.
[b]V.b)[/b] Each signatory may open and close their borders to immigrants and emigrants as they wish, though opening them is encouraged.
[b]V.c)[/b] If a signatory is found moving a substance or good that is considered illegal into or through another signatory's territory, the offended nation may confiscate these goods and demand appropriate reparations.

[u][b][size="5"]Article VI:[/u] New Membership[/size][/b]
[b]VI.a)[/b] The undersigned may invite new membership into the treaty by a full quorum (at least 80 percent of the membership) voting in the affirmative and no no votes.
[b]VI.b)[/b] New Membership must certify that it has no agreements which conflict with membership within South American Unity.
[b]VI.c)[/b] Deception and diplomatic agreements not disclosed to the rest of the membership of South American Unity may be considered grounds for voiding membership approval and possible grounds for sanctions.

[u][b][size="5"]Article VII:[/u] Precedence[/size][/b]
[b]VII.a)[/b] The USAN takes precedence over all other treaties, past, present and future. No other treaty takes precedence over this one.

[u][b][size="5"]Article VIII:[/u] Cancellation[/size][/b]
[b]VIII.a)[/b]In the event this treaty cannot last, and one nation does not see fit to continue it, that party may enact a cancellation period. This period will last for 168 hours (7 days), during which the treaty is fully active until the 168 hours are up, then this treaty shall be rendered as void between it and the others.

[b]Signed for the Democratic Republic of Gallifrey, [/b]
Lord President [i]Theta Sigma [/i]

[b]Signed for the Transitional Republic of Guyana,[/b]
Second Speaker [i]Alexander Leclerc[/i]

[b]Signed for the Republic of Peru, [/b]
Ambassador [i]Ollanta Humala [/i]

[b]Signed for Vicidalia,[/b]
[i]Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun[/i], representant of her Highness, Louise Françoise I de Vicidalia

[b]Signed for Neo Roma, [/b]
Dictator [i]Gaius Attilia[/i]

[b]Signed for the Provisional Republic of Clustania,[/b]
[i]The Provisional Government of Clustania[/i] (represented by Klaus Honecker)

[b]For the Winter Contingency,[/b]
[i]Speaker for the Dead Roxas [/i]