A Short History Lesson

[center] [img]http://cn-invicta.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/Milcomflag.png[/img] [/center]

Assembled rulers of Planet Bob, I come here to remind you of some facts that others may find uncomfortable.

Four and a half years ago, the alliances of Sparta, BAPS and Invicta were founded. These alliances have taken different paths over the years.

In 2007, Sparta signed an MADP with the New Polar Order and fought at their side in the Unjust War. Invicta signed an MADP with NATO and the United Purple Nations, although it did not fight in the Unjust War. BAPS fought on the other side in the Unjust War, surrendering honourably.

The following year, BAPS was attacked in a war of extermination by a group of alliances, including [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=11582"]Sparta.[/url] BAPS was only able to reach a peace settlement when noWedge, the tyrannical former leader of Valhalla, was deposed.

Later that year, Invicta honoured its MADP with NATO by fighting at its side in the War of the Coalition. Meanwhile Sparta fought against the allies of its former MADP partner.

Another year passed by - and now Invicta and BAPS had become good friends. Of course, Sparta decided to improve matters by declaring war directly on another one of its MADP partners, and for the first time Invicta and BAPS found themselves both in the forces arrayed against Sparta's side. Once again, however, Sparta's duplicity was successful.

A year later saw Invicta besieged by a large array of nations in the midst of yet another global war. BAPS was also greatly outnumbered, but yet, when they saw the chance to strike at Nueva Vida in our defense, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=81241"]they did it.[/url] We didn't ask for their help, they just came because they could.

Now: Sparta finds itself in some difficulty, having run out of former MADP partners to declare war against. So instead of trying to make the most of their alliance, they seek an easy way out by revisiting 2008 and declaring war on BAPS again.

Sparta has made a terrible mistake. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it, but BAPS and her allies do not forget history. We remember. This BAPS war will end differently.

BAPS didn't ask for our help. We're just coming because we can.

tl;dr - Invicta declares on Sparta in defense of BAPS.

[i]Signed for Invicta,

President Gunn of Acturea, aka Nascar8FanGA, President of Invicta.
Dan2680, President of Invicta
ShotgunWilly, Vice-President of Invicta
Rotty, MoW
~ Imperial Sparta, Colonel
Thrash, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Ellis, Minister of Better than Nascar. Also Finance
~ King Biscuit of Ovencia, His Liege of Baked Goods, Tzar of Techs
King Hobbs, MoIA, Professional Jackalope Hunter
Ernesto Che Guevara -- Deputy Minister of Finance and Viceroy of Invicta[/i]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1323494728' post='2871907']
I think I'm going to root for Sparta on this one....
[/quote]

Yup.

Sparta is clearly the most fearsome alliance on Bob, given how many feel the need to declare on them. I'm proud to have them as allies.

[s]o7 Invicta, good luck with warfare and whatnot
[/s]

Screw you, Invicta. Go burn in the deepest depths of hell. I wish you nothing but the worst that this world, and the world after this world, has to offer.

Psst, yo, Jgoods. You reading this? Are you happy, now?

[quote name='Dre4mwe4ver' timestamp='1323495466' post='2871957']
[s]o7 Invicta, good luck with warfare and whatnot
[/s]

Screw you, Invicta. Go burn in the deepest depths of hell. I wish you nothing but the worst that this world, and the world after this world, has to offer.

Psst, yo, Jgoods. You reading this? Are you happy, now?
[/quote]

I approve. Please continue on with this Invicta hate.