MHApparatus Announcement

[center][u][b][size="7"]The Mostly Harmless Apparatus Accords[/size][/b][/u][/center]

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/4KkgR.png[/img] [img]http://mostlyharmlessalliance.com/styles/hermes/imageset/MHA.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][b]Preamble: Onward Through the Galaxy[/b]

It is the questionably noble and mostly hilarious purpose of this treaty to strengthen friendship, to promote economic ties, and to provide for the optional defense of planetary bodies both small and large, as well as for space-going vessels of a steam-powered nature.

Thus, the alliances known as The Apparatus (App) and the Mostly Harmless Alliance (MHA), further referred to as “signatories”, do hereby enter into this Optional Defense Pact (ODP) with a lust for nutsybolts and a passion for slightly pointless late-night chats.[/center]

[quote][center][b]Article I: This Be Our Land -- We shall call it “Our Land”[/b][/center]

In order to foster the bond that already exists due in part to the overproduction of super glue in an Apparatus factory, both signatories hereby agree to respect the sovereignty of one another. This respect includes refraining from military attacks upon one another, acts of espionage or sabotage, verbal disrespect through any public channel, and the mandatory use of “respec-knuckles” during all future diplomatic encounters.

It is also agreed that both signatories will act in good faith to promptly forward any pertinent information regarding the safety and security of either party. Furthermore, both signatories shall have the option at their discretion, to forward along intelligence of any other nature, should they choose to do so.

[center][b]Article II: Steamed Interplanetary Solidarity [/b][/center]

In order to reaffirm our affinity for well-pressed garments and to increase general camaraderie, both signatories pledge economic, diplomatic, towelrific, and other forms of aid to each other when deemed necessary by the leadership of either alliance.

[center][b]Article III: Steamrolling and Towel-chucking[/b][/center]

Should the Gears of The Apparatus be forced to crank the mechanisms of war in an act of defense, or should the Hitchhikers of the Mostly Harmless Alliance be forced to protect their soft, velvety towels -- both signatories agree that they may choose to exercise the option of engaging in hostile activities against the aggressing party. This agreement is not mandatory, but is highly encouraged.

If either signatory enters into a conflict due to acting upon a third party, the other signatory is not required and will not be asked to enter the conflict on that third party’s behalf.

[center][b]Article IV: How Could You Choose Alaska?[/b][/center]

With respect to the competition that nurtured this friendship, it is hereby agreed that the governments of both signatories compete in a friendly match of Nutsy Bolts at least once every three (3) months. It is also agreed that at least once (1x) every year, the general memberships of both signatories shall engage in a tournament of Nutsy Bolts.

The outcome of these matches may very well determine the fates of both the leadership and general membership of both signatories alike, and should not be taken lightly. Thus, both signatories agree that the usage of the words “Alaska”, “Han Solo”, and “The Boston Red Sox” shall not be played unless in the most dire of circumstances.

[center][b]Article V: Black Holes and Out of Coal[/b][/center]

If for any extremely unfortunate reason, either signatory should feel that this document no longer reflects the relationship of the two parties, the respective signatory may issue a letter of intent to hitchhike their way home. The signatory governments must first fully communicate the reasons and intent for such an action before any withdrawal, and thus a full meeting of both governments is required before the treaty cancellation countdown may take affect. Proper venues for such discussions include IRC, Nutsy Bolts, and official forum channels (as a last resort).

When both parties grok each other, this treaty may expire upon completion of a seventy-two (72) hour waiting period.

[center][b]Article VI: More Power to the Engines![/b][/center]

If, after a period of three (3) months, both signatories have not either upgraded or downgraded this treaty, our best engineers will work to deploy an automatic upgrade system. To achieve interstellar travel and beyond, mechanics and hitchhikers alike will join together to form a stronger bond, which shall include, but not be limited to mutual defense.[/quote]

For The Apparatus, the Clockwork signs this document with the full faith and credit of the General Assembly.

[i]Randalla, Patroness
King Ernie, Director
Kerdor, General
Elbryan, Chief Engineer
Maximillian Thorton, Emissary
Ezequiel, Propagandist
Phaedron, Professor
BigKif, Speaker of the General Assembly[/i]

For the Mostly Harmless Alliance, the Triumvirate signs this document with the full faith and credit of the Hitchhikers’ Assembly.

[i]Julia Rose Vicious, Trium
DoctorDoc, Trium
Gasgiant405, Trium[/i]

Edited by Doctor Doc

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is quite possibly the fastest that either The Apparatus or The Amazon Nation before it ever have gone from barely knowing an alliance to signing a treaty of this magnitude. A testament to the innate awesomeness of the MHA triumvirate, their diplomats, and their playing of Nutsy Bolts.

It's at times like this that I am remembered of a little quote:
[quote]
[b]Vicious:[/b] You should see yourself. Do you have any idea what you look like right at this moment, Spike?
[b]Spike:[/b] What?
[b]Vicious:[/b] A ravenous beast. The same blood runs through both of us. The blood of a beast who wanders, hunting for the blood of others.
[b]Spike:[/b] I've bled all that kind of blood away.
[b]Vicious:[/b] THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?
[/quote]

o7 MHA
o7 The sweetest most vicious rose I have ever seen

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1322896075' post='2860354']
So let me get this straight, this alliance poaches from MHA, and you sign an ODP.
[/quote]

Coming soon: MDP with VODKA.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1322896188' post='2860356']
Coming soon: MDP with VODKA.
[/quote]

Well no, he's Pzing members of MHA, he'll probably get an MDAP.

Edited by IYIyTh

So let me get this straight, this alliance poaches from MHA, and you sign an ODP.
[/quote]

First off, "this alliance" has a name, and has been around in one form or another since you started playing the game. Thanks for that level of respect. Appreciated.

Secondly, the "poaching" you refer to was resolved diplomatically and amicably a long time ago -- meaning we have the ability to work together for a common goal, regardless of previous mistakes.

However, thanks for your concern :)

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1322896609' post='2860368']
First off, "this alliance" has a name, and has been around in one form or another since you started playing the game. Thanks for that level of respect. Appreciated.

Secondly, the "poaching" you refer to was resolved diplomatically and amicably a long time ago -- meaning we have the ability to work together for a common goal, regardless of previous mistakes.

However, thanks for your concern :)
[/quote]

First off, The Apparatus : Founded: 8-26-11

I have been playing for about four years. Even if you had existed before me, I don't care who you are. Quit the tough-guy act.

Secondly, the "poaching," I refer to was not resolved. In fact, it happened twice after the first time MHA approached you about it. A fact I doubt will be denied.
Let it be known, you can attack MHA's sovereignty so long as you play OOC games with them.
Congratulations on your new "treaty."

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1322897023' post='2860374']
First off, The Apparatus : Founded: 8-26-11

I have been playing for about four years. Even if you had existed before me, I don't care who you are. Quit the tough-guy act.

Secondly, the "poaching," I refer to was not resolved. In fact, it happened twice after the first time MHA approached you about it. A fact I doubt will be denied.
Let it be known, you can attack MHA's sovereignty so long as you play OOC games with them.
Congratulations on your new "treaty."
[/quote]

I think you have a problem with reading comprehension sir.

Please check the alliance creation dates on "Ubercon" and "Amazon Nation", the alliances from which the majority of Apparatus members came from. They were not founded this year. Hence why I said "has been around in one form or another", not "has been around".

You are the one trying to play the tough-guy here -- instead of celebrating the joy of two alliances becoming more friendly and supportive, you try to gravedig an old problem. I've been at this for a while, and your attempt to turn the tables is weaksauce at best.

Congratulations on being a sourpuss who wasn't in on the government talks which resolved those issues, eh? Have you even noticed one member who left MHA for App actually ended up in a completely different alliance altogether? Interesting "poach".

Either way, I can see why everyone likes you so much :)

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1322897023' post='2860374']
First off, The Apparatus : Founded: 8-26-11 I have been playing for about four years. Even if you had existed before me, I don't care who you are. Quit the tough-guy act.Secondly, the "poaching," I refer to was not resolved. In fact, it happened twice after the first time MHA approached you about it. A fact I doubt will be denied.Let it be known, you can attack MHA's sovereignty so long as you play OOC games with them.Congratulations on your new "treaty."
[/quote]

Hey, so you're that Myth fellow everyone seems to love so much around here. I can see why!

You know, if you hadn't been so busy chasing your own fellow members out of your former alliance with that winning personality of yours, there would never have been any issue between our two alliances in the first place.

In a way, I suppose I should thank you for bringing MHA and The Apparatus closer together. Thank you. :wub:

I do love this so very much. Onward through the Galaxy, full Steam ahead! MHA, we're more than glad this happened. And I thank all those good, bad, and trolling citizens of the community for their support.

[/quote]

Perhaps settled already by our great Professor, but you should be enlightened on the detail that the definition of poach is the deliberate act of recruiting a member from a recognized alliance affiliation. By this account, our situation negates your argument, and leaves you with no alternative but to simply congratulate the MHA and Apparatus, and be on your merry way. For that, we thank you.

Details are such a tricky thing, aren't they?

Godspeed to us and our allies!

EDIT: So YOU'RE Myth. Well, this changes everything. As Rand said, I should be thanking YOU. Had it not been for your senseless style of leadership, I would not be able to enjoy the softness of a towel.

Thank you, kind sir. Thank you.

Edited by Maximillian