Delusions of Grandeur

Scorn

[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/jamjoe1/delusions-banner3.jpg[/img]

Greetings and Salutations,

I am here to inform the world that there is a new micro alliance. Delusions of Grandeur. I will not be accepting new members at this time and will vigorously defend my AA from ghosts and wannabes.

The first Delusion that I wish to pursue is the improvement of the Mixed Religion in the world rankings of religion. It is currently in third place behind Christianity and None. Not long ago my nation had government sponsored religion of Christianity and I thought this was a good thing as it mirrors my own beliefs. Then a minor government bureaucrat came along and changed my opinion that state sponsored religion can ever be a good thing. This flunky was dealing with some new immigrants to Arcane and was in the process of denying them benefits because they would not convert to Christianity and were followers of another faith. He was using his position of authority to manipulate and coerce another families belief. I thought this was a bit of a sad thing until I realized that my government was tacitly doing the same thing with our state sponsored religion. After thorough investigations it was found that this was a common practice in the lower levels of government by bureaucrats trying to curry favor with myself and other high up muckity-mucks. My little bureaucrat friend is now a janitor and the new state religion is now Mixed. I want to take this time to encourage others to also pursue a path of mixed faith because your people may be a bit like my people and have a diverse background and may desire a bit more flexibility when it comes to matters of faith. I will be striving to move Mixed religion from its current bronze status on the world stage and uplift it to gold. As a side note the Great Temple of Arcane is a place of prayer and Christian worship and that will not change with the new religious freedom.

Another delusion of mine is the following announcement. Delusions of Grandeur is hereby protecting FOK and MHA. I appreciate the position these alliances play in the world and will do all in my power to defend them from their foes. My protectorates are not required to consult with me before taking any actions and are encouraged to continue moving and shaking on the world stage and pursuing your goals and dreams. I do think it would be really great if my protectorates would get along and not go to war with each other as I would then be in the midst of the first Arcane civil war and I am pretty sure it is a bad idea to let your opponent have the ability to sell off infrastructure or control aid slots.

There is also a minor constitutional update I thought I would share for those that might still be reading... Delusions of Grandeur reserves the right to use nuclear weapons for any defensive war. Also offensive wars will have nuclear authorization pending offensive doctrine ***REDACTED***.

I don't feel compelled to post in the Alliance Announcements section as my alliance will only have a single member for the foreseeable future. I know it is annoying to see something that looks like a promising announcement title only to find out it is a one man AA declaring war on the current bogeyman. Whereas I do feel that talking about my delusions is perfectly valid World Affairs fodder as only the supremely bored venture into this realm of the world forums anyway.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1322460109' post='2854448']
I changed my religion to mixed for you.
[/quote]

Many thanks. Only a few hundred more to go before one delusion is ushered into reality.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1322466107' post='2854648']
You have opened my eyes! I agree with you completely and religion changed.

Also, congrats on the new treaty MHA and FOK. You've got some might good protectors right here!
[/quote]

Thanks again. Also, I wanted to add that there are other alliances that have garnered my affection in my years here, but I find that I can not offer them all a protectorate. If that were to happen I would be just as bad as the Ragnaroks, Phoenix Federations, or Non Gratas of the world in terms of restricting the activities of raiders by offering prodigious quantities of protectorates. Also the fewer people I am obligated towards, the more fully I can engage enemies on their behalf and the less likely a civil war within Delusions of Grandeur.

[quote name='Scorn' timestamp='1322481666' post='2854771']
Thanks again. Also, I wanted to add that there are other alliances that have garnered my affection in my years here, but I find that I can not offer them all a protectorate. If that were to happen I would be just as bad as the Ragnaroks, Phoenix Federations, or Non Gratas of the world in terms of restricting the activities of raiders by offering prodigious quantities of protectorates. Also the fewer people I am obligated towards, the more fully I can engage enemies on their behalf and the less likely a civil war within Delusions of Grandeur.
[/quote]

We have 2 protectorates... the same number as you. :ph34r:

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1322492657' post='2854835']
None religion is best religion.
[/quote]

None religion is the absence of spiritual element of life. I understand that there are many world leaders that feel that this is a benefit to their nation, but I suspect that forcing your people to practice religion underground creates many problems for your people. Not the least of which is that as soon as religion becomes something hidden it loses transparency which keeps it above board.

Even if your new immigrants share your ideals then there is no guarantee that their children will also share the lack of faith. Unless you have a vigorous secret police that seeks out and destroys nascent religious converts.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1322699837' post='2857383']
The difference is he can actually protect his protectorates.
[/quote]

He is talking about Ragnarok's current number of protectorates and I was thinking of their number of protectorates through history. And I would also reply that my type of protectorate is one that does not seek to leash, muzzle or control my protectorate in any fashion. Actually I would like to take this moment to encourage them to continue to enact their ideals on the world stage. Whether that be signing treaties or upholding treaty obligations or any other fashion they choose to contribute to the world.

[quote name='Scorn' timestamp='1322755882' post='2858221']
None religion is the absence of spiritual element of life. I understand that there are many world leaders that feel that this is a benefit to their nation, but I suspect that forcing your people to practice religion underground creates many problems for your people. Not the least of which is that as soon as religion becomes something hidden it loses transparency which keeps it above board.

Even if your new immigrants share your ideals then there is no guarantee that their children will also share the lack of faith. Unless you have a vigorous secret police that seeks out and destroys nascent religious converts.

[/quote]

NONE is the lack of state sponsored religion within Krymson. All religions are treated equally. The only religious holiday sponsored by the government is Master Chiefmas. On that holiest of days, the government and all business shut down so that all may play the newest Halo games.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1322772732' post='2858437']
NONE is the lack of state sponsored religion within Krymson. All religions are treated equally. The only religious holiday sponsored by the government is Master Chiefmas. On that holiest of days, the government and all business shut down so that all may play the newest Halo games.
[/quote]

Your reasoning and explanations are quite discouraging. I am going to have to largely ignore your opinion to maintain my delusion at its current level. I had assumed that all you None national religion leaders fell nicely under the heading of athiestic autocrat. I see that someday I shall have to add other possible heading to the Nones of the world. Also the fortitude of Krymson's people is nothing short of amazing. The citizens of Arcane have 24 paid government holidays every year and that does not include vacation time.

[quote name='masterbake' timestamp='1322796574' post='2858868']
Good Luck Scorn! You have always been the island of reason on a crazy Planet Bob.
[/quote]

Accusations of sanity are not allowed at this time. Thank you for the luck.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1322797097' post='2858873']
I invite you to test Ragnarok's protection abilities. :ph34r:
[/quote]

I am sure that Ragnarok will continue to shelter and guide their protectorates.