OBR/Sparta LoA

Hime Themis

[img]http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt360/KirkeMykonos/OBR_CourtChamber/OBR_Flag-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.cnsparta.com/forums/seals/flag.png[/img]

Gentle Persons

Digiterra is a place where one crosses paths with many alliances over time. Some become enemies some become friends. Others however seem to cross your path but for various reasons no direct connection seems to take place despite that fact that you often are at the same party and work in the same office. The Order of the Black Rose has met and worked with Sparta on various project literally for years. We have both worked to help unify black in our own ways. OBR through Dark Vows and trade circles and Sparta through NOIR yet despite this and a respect that is accorded the other for their commitment to these ideals we have never formally put to pen our names on the same document. That changes today. We have and continue to move in different circles but have maintained a cordial and open dialogue in our embassies for a long time. As we continue to build on this friendship we felt formalization would be nice.

Letter of Amity

Signatories

1. Acknowledge a desire to further relations in a formal fashion.
2. Pledge special care in the positive discourse between members in all public venues.
3. Refrain from negative commentary or complaint in all public venues.
4. Agree to resolve all reasonable grievances in a private and cordial manner.
5. Will pursue broader social contact between members.
6. Open economic interests with each other
7. Share information or intelligence that is received that impacts the other.
8. Be open to enhancing the level of formal diplomatic relations where reasonable.
9. Refrain from any aggressive military action or spying efforts against the other.
10. Refrain from providing succour to an enemy of the other during war.
11. Will provide knowledge, advice and aid in reasonable measure as requested.
12. Maintain a formal active diplomatic post in the Alliance Forum of each other.

Cancellation may be sadly accepted with 48 hours notice and a further 72 hours of NAP.

For

The Order of the Black Rose

Queen AterAtra
Sir Winslow, Knight Protector
The Knights Council

For Sparta

Tulak Hord- King of Sparta
Lukapaka- King of Sparta

Wilhelm the Demented- Ephor of Philoxenia
Silent Spectre- Ephor of Lykoi
DeathAdder- Ephor of Mesoa

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][/size][/font]

Edited by Hime Themis

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1322361764' post='2853164']
Reads like a PIAT/ODP. Is that a decent interpretation?
[/quote]

Good Varianz

Closer to a PIAT with benefits. The LoA is a first step treaty that is designed to potentially upgrade.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1322361917' post='2853169']
Good Varianz

Closer to a PIAT with benefits. The LoA is a first step treaty that is designed to potentially upgrade.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]
Haha I like that- "PIAT with benefits". Can't say I'm a big fan of Sparta, but OBR have always been pretty cool, so congrats on this.

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1322362428' post='2853185']
Good Confusion

I would love to answer if I was a little more certain what you are asking?

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]

Alright, I'll be more specific.

Why in the world do you sign treaties you have no intentions of fighting.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1322362540' post='2853186']
Alright, I'll be more specific.

Why in the world do you sign treaties you have no intentions of fighting.
[/quote]

Good Confusion

It may be new to you but not all treaties are about fighting and this one has no provision for defense.
However since you are new to your Alliance I will give you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps you would like to discuss with your Alliance leadership our commitment to our treaties. I am sure they can fill you in since it would appear you neglected to review YOUR or OUR alliance history. I do thank you however for asking.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1322362540' post='2853186']
Alright, I'll be more specific.Why in the world do you sign treaties you have no intentions of fighting.
[/quote]

OBR has a history of honoring their treaties. As Hime stated, you may need to review some history. They may not be the aggressor, but they will fight when called upon.

[quote name='fuzz227' timestamp='1322363086' post='2853198']
OBR has a history of honoring their treaties. As Hime stated, you may need to review some history. They may not be the aggressor, but they will fight when called upon.
[/quote]

Their fights aren't exactly fights, but I rest my case :P

Congrats to Sparta and OBR on a fine treaty.

Edit: I had no intentions of coming off as 'rude'. I was genuinely curious.

Edited by Confusion

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1322363201' post='2853201']
Their fights aren't exactly fights, but I rest my case :P

Congrats to Sparta and OBR on a fine treaty.
[/quote]

Good Confusion

I appreciate your sentiment. However I do seriously recommend you review your new alliances history. When we fought TORN they fought with honour and everything they had and caused us a great deal of damage and fought well. To suggest they didn't put up a :Fight" dishonours them as well as their efforts for their allies and our friends in TOP.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis

[quote name='Hime Themis' timestamp='1322363601' post='2853207']
Good Confusion

I appreciate your sentiment. However I do seriously recommend you review your new alliances history. When we fought TORN they fought with honour and everything they had and caused us a great deal of damage and fought well. To suggest they didn't put up a :Fight" dishonours them as well as their efforts for their allies and our friends in TOP.

Respectfully
Dame Hime Themis
[/quote]

Good Hime Themis

Implying I was referring to TORN. I'm very aware of the fact that you guys [b]have[/b] fought. Fact is, you guys aren't aggressive- and I'll leave it at that.

PS: Bringing up my AA is futile & counterproductive, seeing as I wasn't around at the time.

Once again, congrats on your treaty. I do truly hope you guys can now have an amicable relationship.

Respectfully
Confusion