Legion Announcement: End of the "Treaty of the Purple Star"

[CENTER][img]http://www.avelegio.net/forums/images/smilies/legion/Legion.png[/img]

[img]http://www.avelegio.net/forums/images/smilies/legion/banner2.png[/img][img]http://www.avelegio.net/forums/images/smilies/legion/imperatorseal.png[/img][img]http://www.avelegio.net/forums/images/smilies/legion/banner1.png[/img][/CENTER]

The majority of our current membership had yet to create a nation when NPO became part of Legion (through the Viceroy). Unfortunately it can be difficult to let something go when you were seemingly born into it and do not know anything else. I believe this more than anything has been the largest stumbling block for our members and the Legion. Which brings me to the here and now, yesterday Brehon from NPO informed us that the Treaty of the Purple Star would be dissolved.

[quote][19:41] <Brehon[NPO]> So I am giving notice the New Pacific Order is giving its 48 hour cancellation notice for the Purple Star Treaty.[/quote]

In something of a prophetic coincidence for over a week now in private and on our forums the NPO treaty has been debated quite lively. Members from ally foreign governments and former legion members have expressed their sentiment on the subject. It would seem the decision had been paved with past wounds and resentments on both sides of the wall that would not heal. Communication is a key to any successful and productive alliance, both good and bad. Sometimes it comes to a point where you have moved apart to such an extent that it no longer supports the friendship level required of the treaty. In recognition of our former allies all Legion flags will be at half mast as we with heavy hearts say goodbye to NPO.

Any remaining notification time that was allotted by the above former treaty is hereby waved to accelerate this end. The Legion wishes the New Pacific Order all the best in their future endeavors, in where ever they may lead.

/s/
totem
Imperator of the Legion

[CENTER][img]http://www.avelegio.net/forums/images/smilies/legion/LegionFlag2.png[/img][/CENTER]

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thank you for having stood with us over the years Legion. Though it is unfortunate this relationship has withered, I hope that by pursuing our independent respective paths, we can each pursue the most beneficial course for our alliances.

As long as I have been a part of Pacifica, I have been your Treaty partner. It's certainly sad to see such an old an respected treaty dissolve.
Good luck in your future endeavors Legion.

[center][img]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll236/The_Pale_Horse/npoimperial2.png[/img]

[color="#FF0000"][b][size="5"]Notice of Cancellation[/size][/b][/color][/center]

The New Pacific Order hereby invokes Article VI of The Purple Star Treaty. Reasons were given to Legion in private. The Forty-Eight hour cancellation period has been waived by Legions posting of its cancellation. We wish Legion the best on their path.

Admin speed.

- [i]Mary the Fantabulous,
Dragon Emperor of the New Pacific Order
Reformed Neutral Menace [/i]

- [i]Brehon,
Regent of the New Pacific Order
Sword of the Order[/i]

While this is completely fine, why the pony show telling us you all wanted to talk?
[spoiler]
[20:32] <~killer04|Legion|MoD> So the cancellation is being held off on?
01[20:35] <Brehon[NPO]> Okay as I understand you all want us to wait until tomorrow so we can talk. As I understand the treaty notice = 48 countdown. So we can start the countdown, but we can also still talk. Then we can take it from there
[20:36] <~killer04|Legion|MoD> Ok
01[20:36] <Brehon[NPO]> We had no intention on posting a cancellation until the 48 hour timer expires :)
[20:37] <~killer04|Legion|MoD> Ok
[20:37] <~killer04|Legion|MoD> Would you please be able to leave this chan for a little bit, that way I can bring some other people in
[/spoiler]

If you wanted to post it all you had to do was ask /shrugs.

Edited by Brehon

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1310132607' post='2752416']
While this is completely fine, why the pony show telling us you all wanted to talk?
[spoiler]
[20:32] <~killer04|Legion|MoD> So the cancellation is being held off on?
01[20:35] <Brehon[NPO]> Okay as I understand you all want us to wait until tomorrow so we can talk. As I understand the treaty notice = 48 countdown. So we can start the countdown, but we can also still talk. Then we can take it from there
[20:36] <~killer04|Legion|MoD> Ok
01[20:36] <Brehon[NPO]> We had no intention on posting a cancellation until the 48 hour timer expires :)
[20:37] <~killer04|Legion|MoD> Ok
[20:37] <~killer04|Legion|MoD> Would you please be able to leave this chan for a little bit, that way I can bring some other people in
[/spoiler]

If you wanted to post it all you had to do was ask /shrugs.
[/quote]

+1 Respect for Pacifica. Good job in cutting a tie with a terrible alliance.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1310132906' post='2752420']
I see this as nothing but positive for Legion...provided they are willing now to do the work to create new bonds and move forward.
[/quote]

New bonds, moving forward.

... are you suggesting working on renewing the OMGWTFBBQURKIDDING treaty?

'cause that was a pretty amazing treaty name, not gonna lie.

Edited by Domingo the Honored

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1310132607' post='2752416']
why the pony show telling us you all wanted to talk?
[/quote]

I believe I understand your confusion. There was a member of Legion who heard about this and decided to take steps far outside of his rank (in asking NPO for a meeting) and not consulting government. As Proconsul you have my full apology for the mater as it should not have happened and the member has been spoken with. If this proves to be an issue (or more than it is) I am on IRC and will discuss it with you of course. Unfortunately the bulk of our members joined Legion after the NPO Viceroy so they have never known a Legion without an NPO, sometimes irrational thinking can lead to improper decisions.

[quote name='Domingo the Honored' timestamp='1310133078' post='2752427']
New bonds, moving forward.

... are you suggesting working on renewing the OMGWTFBBQURKIDDING treaty?

'cause that was a pretty amazing treaty name, not gonna lie.[/quote]

I'm not in charge of FA, but stop by our forums, it's gotta be worth a conversation.

Yes, I'm serious.