Hero's Soapbox

Photo

Cruel and Unusual Punishment

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 23 February 2014 - - - - - - · 508 views

Lets say you were convicted of a crime - Regardless of your guilt or innocence, the jury has convicted you, and now you must be sentenced.

If given a choice between 10 years and 10 lashes, which would you choose?

Photo

A Rant

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 25 December 2013 - * - - - - · 509 views

First of all, have a happy pagan winter solstice celebration, everyone!

'Tis the season of giving, and one thing we're all going to see lots of this year, are these colorful little shards of plastic known as "gift cards."

Gift cards are retarded.  Some or all of the following come attached to that cute little piece of plastic with puppies in santa...

Photo

Just so we're clear

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 21 September 2013 - - - - - - · 485 views

Guys, just because the rest of us have grouped "the neutrals" together in our heads as a matter of convenience, does not mean that they give two !@#$% about each other.  No neutral is obligated, by treaty, morality, or ideology, to defend TDO in any way.  In fact, because they are neutral, they would dishonor their own ideology by inter...

Photo

Shut up shut up shut up

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 08 February 2013 - * - - - - · 731 views

Oh my god will you just shut up already

Photo

Stockpiling CM's

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 18 January 2013 - * * * - - · 591 views

So I'm just joking with folks on readying up for the war, and asserting that I'm going to stock up on Cruise Missiles - A cardinal sin of CN warfare.

But it got me thinking.

Lets say that there isn't just an infinite stock of CM's for sale.  Lets say you can't just reach your hand into hammerspace and magically create CM's out of...

Photo

Just a question

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 14 January 2013 - * * * - - · 449 views

If guns have such an obscene inherent danger that we can't risk having armed guards in our schools, then why does the government use so many guns to defend politicians?  Wouldn't Obama be safer if we did away with the secret service and all those evil guns that cause violence?

Photo

You would think people would figure it out

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 16 December 2012 - - - - - - · 542 views

Coming off the heels of a tragic school shooting, the Gun Control debate is in full swing.  Another school shot up, another pile of young bodies.  And I am just wondering, when people are going to learn?

Where do these mass shootings always occur folks?  Why is it always a school?

Simply, because there are no responsible adults who are allowed to be...

Photo

Mind == Blown

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 12 November 2012 - - - - - - · 601 views

I just figured out that the in-game icon for lead is a bullet.

Photo

o god i am so bored what is this

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 17 May 2012 - - - - - - · 197 views

Posted Image

A (roughly) 16x16x16 cube of TNT in Minecraft.  You have no idea how many creepers I had to kill...

Anyway, I might blow it up at some point.  I know this isn't the biggest chunk of TNT anyone has ever sent off, but I'll still be curious to see how my PC handles it.

Photo

I hate you, Anonymous

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 19 January 2012 - - - - - - · 428 views

And I hate your childlike, naive, knee-jerk response to the world around you.

Yesterday, on Wednesday, the Internet stood up as a unified whole to deliver with authority the message that PIPA and SOPA must be stopped.  The Internet dealt a strong blow in our favor, towards the defense of free speech.  Our voices were heard, our voices shook the earth, and...

Photo

Putnam Competition

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 02 December 2011 - - - - - - · 133 views

http://en.wikipedia....cal_Competition

Taking this tomorrow.  Took it last year and scored 10 points.

Anyone else out there?

Photo

PSA: imo.im

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 17 August 2011 - - - - - - · 267 views

I got scam calls on my skype after using imo.im to talk to people via my skype account.  Currently changing the passwords affected.

DO NOT USE IMO.IM.  It is a SCAM.

Photo

Re: Casey Anthony Verdict

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 05 July 2011 - - - - - - · 262 views

I've seen one of the most disgusting things today.

And that is the response of the Media to the Casey Anthony verdict.

I don't spend much time at all watching the news because I can't stand the sensationalism around trials like this.  Hearing about it is unavoidable, but it's hard to listen to the news seriously when you know that their...

Photo

That one thread

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 23 June 2011 - * * * * * · 206 views

So, that was a great thread.  You know the one.

Tons of great puns are made.

A guy from NoR makes one particularly tasteless pun and can't quite grasp why he got such a negative reaction.

kingzog raging uncontrollably.

Oh, and it made me bother to go to that leaks site to see all the wonderful offerings from NoR's forum.

I don't know that I...

Photo

Staring into the Abyss

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 10 May 2011 - - - - - - · 166 views

So, I'm a naturally curious person.  When something makes the rounds of the internet, and then keeps going for months, I'm going to have to check it out.

And this one, I resisted.  I wouldn't touch it for awhile.  But eventually, I had to give in, to search for the answer of why.  Why was the Internet so obsessed with such a silly...

Photo

So, Minecraft

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 05 May 2011 - - - - - - · 381 views

I blew 6 hours straight today working on what has turned into a moderately-faithful build of the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time.  It's actually coming along... er, swimmingly... but good lord is this game a time sink.  

The hardest part on this project is tricking the water to flow the right way;  I'm now working on that infamous vortex tunnel...

Photo

Treaties - A Reference Guide

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 28 April 2011 - - - - - - · 166 views

OK, this one annoys me.  People always !@#$%*ing and comparing 50 different kinds of treaties.  It's all wrong.  There are 5 types of treaties, and no more.

MDAP - The highest treaty, requires two parties to always go to war along side each other.  I would like to make a special note here - This is not the same as signing away your...

Photo

My Epic Last Stand

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 22 April 2011 - - - - - - · 512 views

Well, it was Friday, and that can only mean one thing.  Gotta get down, which seat to choose...  No, no.  It means Extraction Mission!

The Human perk we chose was "Freak on a Leash" - We gained possession of a "pet" Witch, which we could "let loose" on the Zombie horde.  Once let loose, it did it's own thing, and at...

Photo

Still Alive

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 20 April 2011 - - - - - - · 1,018 views

But it was by no means a triumph.

Number wise, the hoard lays claim to a little over half of the players.  That is quite low for how it usually is by the end of Wednesday.

But we have lost 2 missions in a row, the Zombies are completing missions and getting perks.  The next two days are going to be a slaughter.

They have a Boomer (Drops an instant spawn...

Photo

Humans vs. Zombies

Posted by HeroofTime55 , 16 April 2011 - - - - - - · 425 views

It's that time again, for the most awesome game of tag ever.

Humans vs. Zombies is, basically, a week long excuse for college students to run around campus with Nerf guns.  It is awesome.

Last session we had over 700 people playing.

How it works, is on Monday morning, right after midnight, everyone is a Human, except for three or four "Original...

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users