A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300335248' post='2666944']
Actually, I'm just posting because I happen to be on right now.

I have no fit to throw. You guys are cowards, always have been, always will be. This just solidifies that perception. And you throw in some random crybabying along with it just for fun.

You guys need therapists more than you need war. Grief therapy could do you wonders in getting over all the butthurt feelings you guys have over things that happened years ago.
[/quote]

Why are they cowards? They have a chosen an enemy of roughly equal size to themselves, and called them out to the battlefield. It is your side that has not answered the challenge.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1300335330' post='2666950']
I don't get the hailing of no reps. Reps have their place, we just find them to be an extremely inefficient way of getting tech, is all.
[/quote]
I'm not a Moralist. Nice try in your attempt to bait me though. :blush:

Edit: Reps suck btw. Just my opinion

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1300335435' post='2666953']
Not quite sure how "that's a hit lol" equates to "no you" but I'll cut you some slack, you've got a lot on your plate right now.
[/quote]
I was referring to the comment that you praised, not your own remark. You praised a juvenile OOC attack that offered nothing to the IC dialogue at all and I was giving you credit where it is due. You have new masters now and their standards aren't very high, so you are doing it right. *thumbs up*

If I was you NPO I'd just follow their demands.

One point that I do find ironic is I remember Pacifica not too long before Karma saying they'd give FAN peace if they'd just come out and fight first. Those who supported FAN said "no they'd just change their minds once you came out!".

Good luck to all in bringing an end to this conflict.

I have no fit to throw. You guys are cowards, always have been, always will be. This just solidifies that perception. And you throw in some random crybabying along with it just for fun.

[/quote]

Usually the cowards don't call out the other side for being in peacemode and wanting to fight them. Maybe you've got your definition mixed up.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1300335330' post='2666950']
I don't get the hailing of no reps. Reps have their place, we just find them to be an extremely inefficient way of getting tech, is all.
[/quote]

Umbrella complimented, NFL criticizes compliment. :/

You guys need therapists more than you need war. Grief therapy could do you wonders in getting over all the butthurt feelings you guys have over things that happened years ago.
[/quote]

[img]http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy252/aphilosophicalcock/ironicat.gif[/img]

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1300335445' post='2666954']
So you and your rabble just will beat down NPO occasionally just to keep them in line?
[/quote]
Would you have it any other way? I mean, the other option is that you beat us down occasionally, but that seems hard from PM. OH! I've figured it all out! NPO are so moral that they're staying in PM to save [i]our[/i] pixels! That's gotta be it.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1300334445' post='2666903']
I see your still pissed about that pile of rubble that used to be GOONS. Oh well, we've moved on to different, much brighter Kingdoms. We hope you can do the same.
[/quote]
[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300334479' post='2666909']
What "cruel emotion and crippling condemnation" dominates your past? How are you removing it? Just wondering.

Sounded very emo to me.

Would you like a tissue?
[/quote]
Figures that the response from the other side is to avoid addressing the substance of the post.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1300335445' post='2666954']
So you and your rabble just will beat down NPO occasionally just to keep them in line?
[/quote]That's a leading question, but really there's not much motivation on our end to fight NPO again any time soon. You lot made this war spectacularly boring, with a couple alliances being exceptions.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1300335697' post='2666968']
If I were in charge of NPO I'd tell you to get lost and continue the war. You Doomhouse guys started this for no reason. Seeing you guys stuck with it for a long time to come would make me smile. Obviously it's the NPO' choice, but that's what I'd do.
[/quote]
Doomhouse actually had a reason, fyi.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1300335257' post='2666947']
Grudges, losing the war, paranoia, peace mode
[/quote]

I might be a young nation but as I read the statistics right now, The of NPO's 523 Nations only 187 are in peace mode. This is approximately 35.75% of the nations of the NPO, most slipping in and out fighting the war.

Of the Mushroom Kingdom's 185 nations 56 are in Peace Mode.. approximately 30.3% of their total nations... are we seriously still getting flamed about a five percent difference?

Just saying...

Reason for Edit: fixed misspelling

Edited by Gumpper

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1300335533' post='2666957']
I was referring to the comment that you praised, not your own remark. You praised a juvenile OOC attack that offered nothing to the IC dialogue at all and I was giving you credit where it is due. You have new masters now and their standards aren't very high, so you are doing it right. *thumbs up*
[/quote]
Alright, fair enough wrt which comment you were referring to... but I'm still confused. Who are my new masters again?

So wait, what's the rest of this war for then?

Here are some of the possible rationales that have been floated out there:

-Pre-empting NPO entering on NpO's behalf: obviously not really an issue now that the other front is over.

-Tactical strike to cripple NPO before they regain fully power: no different from crippling reps.

-We just don't like you: not exactly a huge upgrade from pre-Karma.

Help me understand :)

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300335447' post='2666955']
Why are they cowards? They have a chosen an enemy of roughly equal size to themselves, and called them out to the battlefield. It is your side that has not answered the challenge.
[/quote]
Well I haven't seen the statistics in a while but last I checked the entirety of Doomhouse and whoever else they are getting ongoing aid from is not equal to the single alliance of the NPO. Please clarify for me so that I don't speak from ignorance.

Also, if this would have been the initial declaration of war it would have received praise from me. I am all for a straight up fight. But it doesn't. It comes weeks into it after the combatants are set and several others have been freed up, undoubtedly to bring additional pressure into acceptance of these terms. After spending weeks getting prepared financially and militarily, with a clear statistical advantage, that's when this "enlightened" method of warfare comes up.

And when I tried to offer such a thing to an alliance larger than mine most of you guys pissed your pants and went out of your way to threaten us not to go through with it because you weren't prepared for the possible ramifications.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1300335697' post='2666968']
If I were in charge of NPO I'd tell you to get lost and continue the war. You Doomhouse guys started this for no reason. Seeing you guys stuck with it for a long time to come would make me smile. Obviously it's the NPO' choice, but that's what I'd do.
[/quote]

A prolonged siege that strips NPO of half its income while costing Doomhouse almost nothing doesn't really seem like that great of a strategy to me.

[quote name='Gumpper' timestamp='1300335815' post='2666972']
I might be a young nation but as I read the statistics right now, The of NPO's 523 Nations only 187 are in peace mode. This is approximately 35.75% of the nations of the NPO, most slipping in and out fighting the war.

Of the Mushroom Kingdom's 185 nations 56 are in Peace Mode.. approximately 30.3% of their total nations... are we seriously still getting flamed out over a five percent difference?

Just saying...

Reason for Edit: fixed misspelling
[/quote]

It's because most of our 56 have been slipping in and out the entire war, where as you have a good 50+ nations that have stayed in peace mode for the entire war, which happen to be in the upper tier.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1300335835' post='2666974']
So wait, what's the rest of this war for then?

Here are some of the possible rationales that have been floated out there:

-Pre-empting NPO entering on NpO's behalf: obviously not really an issue now that the other front is over.

-Tactical strike to cripple NPO before they regain fully power: no different from crippling reps.

-We just don't like you: not exactly a huge upgrade from pre-Karma.

Help me understand :)
[/quote]
We entered for strategic reasons, as you've outlined, and set a new standard through our methods and conduct.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1300335668' post='2666967']
Figures that the response from the other side is to avoid addressing the substance of the post.
[/quote]
I don't speak for any "side" - at all. I speak for myself and often simply to piss people off. :)

And the substance of the post is that you guys are butthurt over the past and want to fight about it. So how did I not address it?

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1300335789' post='2666971']
Doomhouse actually had a reason, fyi.
[/quote]

Oh please. They attacked an alliance with out provocation after collecting the largest reps ever. This war was totally unjustified and like I said, I hope they are stuck aiding GOONS for months to come.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1300334058' post='2666890']We near the end. The end of forced disbandment. The end of terms that cripple alliances forever. The end of silence for fear of persecution. [/quote]

And here I thought those were already over!