RoK is no longer SuperFriendly

[quote name='Yukon Don' timestamp='1299788605' post='2658916']
Correction: ...had a temper tantrum and deserted during war.

Worse yet he joined during war, and knew what he was getting into...
[/quote]

You guys refusing to surrender when you're getting pummeled... Are you surprised people deserted? (not saying that was Balder's reasoning)

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1299788593' post='2658915'] It would be like if iFOK DoW'ed MK in support of the NPO and the rest of PB told iFOK to stop, and we told them to get lost and left PB saying how they wanted to control our FA path. That situation is about as dumb as the one you find yourself in. Congrats. ;)
[/quote]

Whoa since when is iFOK our ally?

Furthermore Xiph had time to moan and cry about RoK-Polar treaty for ages, why would he make such a deal of it now?

Seems to me like SuperFriends aren't super friends at all. They are just friends when it fits to them and when someone doesn't agree with Xiph, they are not friends at all. At least that's what this topic had taught me.

[quote name='Balder' timestamp='1299788659' post='2658918']
I really don't think you understand the position I placed myself into personally. Both sides ended up thinking I was singularly aimed at defending the other. In addition, Lazarus please fact check before making ridiculous assertions about my leaving. I never once hid that should Ragnarok choose to leave the Super Friends, I'd be immediately returning which is exactly how it turned out. Your Empress and Ruling Council were well aware of this from the beginning.

I'm done deflecting your snide comments. If you'd like to address the content of my posts go right ahead and as you're well aware I'd be more than happy to discuss them with you but I'm not spending my time defending myself from your shots at my character. I promise you, you won't have to look very hard for people who don't like me, there's no need to convince anyone that I'm blunt and opinionated nor that I'm passionate about what I believe in. What I won't have assigned to me, is the flat out abandonment of my allies.
[/quote]

The timeline here is broke...

You left BEFORE any decision to leave SF was made...want to try and revise the history again?

Edited by Yukon Don

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1299787374' post='2658889']
Try to give FA lessons to Liz is like try to teach an elephant to ride a bike.
[/quote]

I have in fact taught said elephant to ride a unicycle in the past :ehm:

Liz fear not as there is still hope for you.

Good luck to RoK in their future endeavors.

[quote name='KaitlinK' timestamp='1299776174' post='2658593']
Ragnarok has never, and will never, cancel a treaty on command. In our entire history, we have not once canceled a treaty because someone told us to and we are not going to start now.
[/quote]

Ho ho ho, i differ. If Xiph's actions have something to do with this then i guess i should thank him for further pushing you into NpO's direction and away from SF which is still cool in my book.

[quote name='uaciaut' timestamp='1299789442' post='2658941']
Ho ho ho, i differ. If Xiph's actions have something to do with this then i guess i should thank him for further pushing you into NpO's direction and away from SF which is still cool in my book.
[/quote]

I remember when RoK cancelled on a certain raiding alliance. That wasnt because anyone told them to was it? oh, hang on, it was!

[quote name='Yukon Don' timestamp='1299788854' post='2658930']
The timeline here is broke...

You left BEFORE any decision to leave SF was made...want to try and revise the history again?
[/quote]

Wrong, the decision was made for my return to the Super Friends when the entire Ruling Council backed the decision to drop the treaty except for one of them who was apparently on the fence. When I asked what could be done to help sway that individual, I was quite seriously told that it involved Poison Clan and GOD but that nobody would tell me because "GOD has to figure it out on their own." With the RC behind it and the members agreeing with the pride-centric propaganda I realized that my attempts to help Ragnarok and also fix its relationship with SF were just that, MY own attempts. It would have been selfish for me to stay and fight the entire alliance for a decision already made. I left the day the decision was made to cancel Super Friends, however you're right in the sense that it was only made [b]official[/b] hours after my return.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1299786609' post='2658868']
I was avoiding naming names, but my point still stands and my version of events is in fact what occurred. You claimed that no ultimatum was given and that RoK was not told to drop treaties, and that is false regardless of it was a "who", "they", "them" or "it" ...

FA 101, Liz: Don't lie when you know that plenty of people know better and have no problem calling you on it.
[/quote]

One could say the same about comments RoK have made in this thread.

Luckily, not everyone is into "calling out" their friends, so I'll just let it rest.

Like I said before: RoK chose who you found to be a more important ally, and it was Polaris. That's fine. Good luck to RoK in the future.

[quote name='The Reccesion' timestamp='1299789854' post='2658951']
I wonder how RnR feels about this, they seem to be the only alliance in SF that is not in that little circle of theirs. Not many people from RnR have responded.
[/quote]

Personally, I love how every single person on the OWF believes they know the inner workings of SF.

P.S. They commented very early on. Go read again.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='citizenkane' timestamp='1299789642' post='2658946']
I remember when RoK cancelled on a certain raiding alliance. That wasnt because anyone told them to was it? oh, hang on, it was!
[/quote]

You were canceled on for going out of your way to anger half of our allies, mostly GOD. We didn't drop you because anyone "told" or asked us to.

I know your martyr complex won't let you accept that, but it is factual. Let's just save ten pages and agree to disagree, yeah?

[quote name='Balder' timestamp='1299789691' post='2658948']
Wrong, the decision was made for my return to the Super Friends when the entire Ruling Council backed the decision to drop the treaty except for one of them who was apparently on the fence. When I asked what could be done to help sway that individual, I was quite seriously told that it involved Poison Clan and GOD but that nobody would tell me because "GOD has to figure it out on their own." With the RC behind it and the members agreeing with the pride-centric propaganda I realized that my attempts to help Ragnarok and also fix its relationship with SF were just that, MY own attempts. It would have been selfish for me to stay and fight the entire alliance for a decision already made. I left the day the decision was made to cancel Super Friends, however you're right in the sense that it was only made [b]official[/b] hours after my return.
[/quote]

For the love of all that is holy, Balder. Stop posting. You've done enough.

You didn't even have access to where the actual conversations took place.

[color="#FF0000"]I know this decision wasn't easy RoK, so I know it is sad to see the decision had to be made. All parties involved will now move on, and much love to RoK for sticking to their guns and standing strong on their own two feet.

o/RoK[/color]

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299789962' post='2658953']
Personally, I love how every single person on the OWF believes they know the inner workings of SF.

P.S. They commented very early on. Go read again.
[/quote]
I never stated I knew anything and everything about SF. Unless RnR is in that circle of [b]maroon[/b] alliances?

I read the thread, I saw one or two comments by members.

[quote name='The Reccesion' timestamp='1299790474' post='2658965']
I never stated I knew anything and everything about SF. Unless RnR is in that circle of [b]maroon[/b] alliances?

I read the thread, I saw one or two comments by members.
[/quote]

Actually, you did say something about SF, and you didn't say ANYTHING about maroon. So please try again.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299790538' post='2658966']
Actually, you did say something about SF, and you didn't say ANYTHING about maroon. So please try again.
[/quote]
I asked a question about how RnR felt about RoK leaving? That little "circle", I was talking about GOD, RIA, and CSN all being maroon alliances.

Maybe thinking before replying might help.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1299790856' post='2658972']
GOD is beginning to look very isolated politically and militarily. Their behaviour in this war has all but made them a pariah alliance.
[/quote]
I think they'll be just fine.

[quote name='The Reccesion' timestamp='1299790735' post='2658971']
I asked a question about how RnR felt about RoK leaving? That little "circle", I was talking about GOD, RIA, and CSN all being maroon alliances.
[/quote]

Might help to use the word 'maroon'.

[quote]GOD is beginning to look very isolated politically and militarily. Their behaviour in this war and in the months leading up to the war has all but made them a pariah alliance. [/quote]

I invite you to test this theory.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299790953' post='2658976']
Typically, if you're talking about maroon, it helps to in some way reference maroon. Usually, using the word "maroon" will suffice.
[/quote]
Sorry, but thinking before posting can get the job done just as well. ;)

That being said, I'll await a response from RnR members or gov.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299777640' post='2658648']
Hahaha good one.
[/quote]

I know you don't know what real friendships are. Most people in this world do not know what that is, so don't think this is a callout on you. When you do have real friendships you look out what's best for them. That's what SF did right. However, when you're a real friend you trust their judgment with treaties & everything else. That's where they, and most alliances, go wrong.