Name that War! Poll 2.0

Ryan Greenberg

Name that War! Poll 2.0  

224 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I took all the names that had at least 25 votes in the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=98422"]original thread[/url] and put them on here. Added the 'DisOrder War' too. The PB-NpO and Doomhouse-NPO Wars are rather bland names, so if you got any suggestions, post them here and I'll add them on if they're popular enough. Go vote!

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1299118651' post='2650400']
So think of something yourself and maybe that could win...
[/quote]
At the moment there is no good alternate name. There is none that can be. For a name to be official people have to use it, and no one's using names for this war outside of this topic with any degree of consensus.

[color="#FF0000"]ByePolar War is the catchiest.

Everything.Must.Die War is contrived. Adding "War" to the end of it sounds stupid.

"Neville" makes absolutly no sense. Its just a !@#$%* battle cry that STA used while we were beating down their upper tier.

CN Holocoust would fit if someone was actually disbanding, or if it actually lasted 6 months without NPO's coalition hiding in peacemode.

DisOrder war is just another terrible, ill-fitting pun.

Raman Mew Mew War is just an awful name for a war. Great comic though.

I would call it "Polar Stomping Day 2011" in the hopes it would become an annual CN holiday/festival[/color]

Why do people continue to hold these polls? Just go with what other people are calling it, and gradually everyone will gravitate to one or two names.

PB-NpO and DH-NPO seem good enough when referring to the separate conflicts/fronts, and EMD War seems like a nice, quick, somewhat relevant short name.

CN Holocaust is too generic and Bye Polar War can't be abbreviated easily without confusing it with the Bi-Polar War. DisOrder is also pretty generic.

If a name doesn't come about on it's own, it shouldn't get a name. Sometimes, it's okay for a war to just be named after the combatants. At the very least, can we let the war finish before we try to slap a stupid, unfunny name onto it?

[quote name='Enrage' timestamp='1299129789' post='2650807']
How about [b]War of the Orders[/b]?
[/quote]

That [i]definitely[/i] won't be confused with the other 7 global wars that the Orders have both fought in. :P

GW1 and WotC would be all that came to mind for me if I saw that name used.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Ninja Colt' timestamp='1299132300' post='2650872']
PB-NpO and DH-NPO are perfect.
[/quote]
This.

The name of this war won't be determined by this poll, it will be determined by what people use on their own. This poll isn't going to change anyone's opinion.

[quote name='lordliam' timestamp='1299119850' post='2650452']
I don't even get what the whole deal with Raman Mew Mew is. :wacko:
[/quote]

Post #1639 by Acrux

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97252&view=findpost&p=2636832

Hypocrites' War

Paranoid War
The Irrationalists' War
Diplomacy not Needed War

Only regarding DOOMHOUSE-NPO war:

CBless War
Double Punishment War

[quote name='Kubla Khan' timestamp='1299109766' post='2650059']
Bonfire of the Hypocrisies
[/quote]
That would also work.

[quote name='lordliam' timestamp='1299119850' post='2650452']
I don't even get what the whole deal with Raman Mew Mew is. :wacko:
[/quote]
Well in my nation we have Mew Mew Ramen, it is noodles with extra fish cakes.

But I doubt this has anything to do with this war. (the noodles are very nice and have a miso broth that is very nourishing)

(IRL: I actually did make this today, so I recommend it.)

But the only name that seems to fit out of the rather limited selection is the CN holocaust, But this is only because the rest are bland or are just silly. I will never refer to a war as Neville.

EMD War. "Everything.Must.Die." is the defining line of the DH-NPO war. Anything to do with hypocrisy is just Orders propaganda. Alliances change over time. Shouldn't apply to the PB-NpO front, though.

Edited by Gavik