Archon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1289283902' post='2507454']
http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?search=29691&Extended=1

xfd

As was just pointed out in #mushroom - look how quickly NSO paid up when they realised MK was serious.
[/quote]
You do realize that Archon and Heggo are the most level headed individuals in this !@#$ storm right? RV wanted to expose what MK had done, and he had every right to do so. Heggo on the other hand didn't want this to escalate. Notice that he sent out the aid himself. So before you go beating on your chest remember two things

1. Cooler heads prevailed
2. and you aren't even in MK

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289284060' post='2507462']
Sorry, I would have resorted to dumping logs but that just seems to be the thing to do these days and I like to stay fresh.
[/quote]
I...see. Because relying on playing on folks goodwill towards your one member to cover for you is...original?

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289284111' post='2507466']
No, he does that himself without your prompting.
[/quote]
I'm amazed that Ivan brings people over to our side to begin with.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1289284334' post='2507483']
Archon isn't retired. Nice try though. Also, if there was ever a time to trott out Ivan, I would seriously hope appealing to the better nature of people isn't your idea of when best to. Finally, I'm certainly open to hear who exactly we've alienated.
[/quote]Really? You're honestly going to argue that Archon is running the day to day operations? Very well then.

And as for examples, how about the fact you royally irked AirMe, who called you out consistently in RV's thread.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1289284113' post='2507467']
No, our problem is that they ignored all standards of tact and diplomatic protocol.
[/quote]

So, this is all happening because we hurt MK's feelings? :mellow:

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1289284482' post='2507494']
Well judging from the fact that you pushed the "O SHI-, I GUESS WE NEED ARCHON TO SAVE US" button and he appeared, no, he isn't retired.
[/quote]
Needing Archon to "save us" implies we were in danger.

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1289284482' post='2507494']
Well judging from the fact that you pushed the "O SHI-, I GUESS WE NEED ARCHON TO SAVE US" button and he appeared, no, he isn't retired.
[/quote]

Yes, we certainly needed to be saved.

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1289284505' post='2507496']
Well everyone wanted things to get shaken up... I guess this should do it...
[/quote]

I highly doubt it, now that Heggo has sent the aid. Some people that liked MK might like them ever-so-slightly less; their actual behaviour won't change. Some people like disliked NSO might see them in a slightly more positive light; their behaviour won't change, either. No wars fought, no treaties canceled, no political realignment to speak of.

But we'll damned sure get 40 pages on the matter.

[quote name='thedestro' timestamp='1289284217' post='2507474']
You lost this one MK
[/quote]

I don't think I'd disagree, actually.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1289284426' post='2507490']
As someone who WANTS to favor the Mushroom Kingdom, you had me changing my mind...until this point. I think that one can reasonably say that regardless NSO accepted the deal. It probably never should have gone above a request for 3 mil to begin. And 3 mil plus 50 tech wouldn't have been enough to make a big deal about. However, one of the big things that RV was saying was he felt "threatened" into paying the larger amount. Maybe that was questionable before. However, since NSO hasn't said they will NOT pay it (or did they?) - why make this statement at all?
[/quote]

Very valid question. I'm tempted to say the theatrics are a tip of the hat to RV, who I hold in esteem, but really, whether I like it or not, people were looking for a very clear, very blunt message from the Kingdom. I have a habit of...speaking too much. I wished to make sure the general, agreed upon stance of the Kingdom was communicated in a clear matter. Where there are vagaries are not meant to imply a threat. But it was recommended to me by multiple parties to make it clear, set out a clear deadline, and an expectation.

I hope that clears it up a bit. Thank you for the respectful tone.

xfd

As was just pointed out in #mushroom - look how quickly NSO paid up when they realised MK was serious

Edit: God dammit, ninja'd.
[/quote]

Damn glad NSO paid, now they are out of the line of fire and this thread still exists for the rest of the world to let MK know exactly how they feel. It's a win win baby.

MK this is by far the most expensive reps you will ever get, seriously get your gov in line to avoid drama like this. 12mil aint worth the BS- and you never should have got stuck in this to begin with.

Edited by Fighter26

^
Is there something wrong with aggressive wars now?

[quote name='Fighter26' timestamp='1289284707' post='2507509']
MK this is by far the most expensive reps you will ever get, seriously get your gov in line to avoid drama like this. 12mil aint worth the BS
[/quote]
The TOP reps were orders of magnitude more expensive.

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1289284334' post='2507483']
Archon isn't retired. Nice try though. Also, if there was ever a time to trott out Ivan, I would seriously hope appealing to the better nature of people isn't your idea of when best to. Finally, I'm certainly open to hear who exactly we've alienated.
[/quote]

Me thinks you can't play the semantics card here when you push the "OH SHI-!" button....

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1289284479' post='2507493']
If you were truly organized, your slots would have been full with tech deals growing your nation with tech, but thus is the nation building tact of NSO.
[/quote]

Sadly Heggo is a banker and we were going to use his slots to sled one of our smaller nations to the higher ranges but this then occurred.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1289284113' post='2507467']
No, our problem is that they ignored all standards of tact and diplomatic protocol.
[/quote]
Meaning, they told the world about your ridiculous demands? I can't help it your negotiating team sucks, and I don't appreciate using military force to extract money you have absolutely no right to, and I don't appreciate threats against people who commit the horrible crime of talking. Transparency is the light that burns away this nonsense.

Hold on, got something for you:
[img]http://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/worlds-smallest-violin_190.jpg[/img]

xfd

As was just pointed out in #mushroom - look how quickly NSO paid up when they realised MK was serious

Edit: God dammit, ninja'd.
[/quote]
You think extortion backed up by the threat of destruction id funny? If the shoe is on the other foot we shall see how funny you think it is ODN

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1289284673' post='2507505']
Yes, we certainly needed to be saved.
[/quote]

I mean look at the last thread how much support did you have? Beyond your own members spouting dribble that amounted to "Do something about it" and "Pay up or Blow up" quite the wordsmiths you have there MK.

Wow... so there was a mistake on the way this was handled and you admit it. Now someone called you on that and you say that because he spoke up, the price which you admit was wrong for the initial mess is now just right.

MK is setting the price of speaking in public now.

And everyone saying that NSO is running to pay now that MK is "serious" is ridiculous. NSO agreed to pay the amount even if that amount was stupid. They now receive a deadline from the KING of MK not just the pretty princess and you are all surprised they are paying up in the most expedient manner possible? Someone holds a gun to your temple you are going to empty your pockets but you will also remember the actions and file it for the future.

Poor show MK.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1289284771' post='2507510']
From yourselves, clearly. I mean, who was the one about to start an aggressive war again?
[/quote]

(OOC: Someone has to do something aggressive or else we are all effectively GPA)

Looking over the logs, it seems the only contradiction in information was when you asked the guy who very clearly stated that he was retired and not in a position to handle the issue. At some point MK representatives in another conversation thought it made sense to tell actual sitting NSO gov that they were wrong when they said he wasn't a member because he still had our AA on his nation.

And yet we're the ones lacking in diplomacy and tact.

If Archon had handled the issue from the beginning instead of having to be pulled in after the fact to clean up the mess, then I'm sure this would have been handled much better on MK's end. Don't try and pass your mistakes off on us, though.

Edited by Heft

Taking a private matter public is, to my way of thinking, a perfectly reasonable method of protest when one side in the private matter was attempting to extort money from the other side. I may not like either alliance in this conflict, but the New Sith Order was wronged. That's all there is to it. So you get i front of your microphone and admit you did evil, but then turn around and try to blow the matter of Rebel Virginia taking it public entirely out of proportion. Good one. So now you're publicly extorting, rather than privately doing so. You've switched from being the bully in a washroom to being the bully on the playground. How admirable.

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1289284822' post='2507513']

Sadly Heggo is a banker and we were going to use his slots to sled one of our smaller nations to the higher ranges but this then occurred.
[/quote]

You can't send 6 slots to one member.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1289284311' post='2507482']
I tried to fend them off you see... they were just too much for me. I'm sorry if you believed in me.
[/quote]

You will be remembered for you bravery fine soldier

[img]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1685/salutev.jpg[/img]