Archon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1289283509' post='2507422']
"Even we know that the sum is too high, but if you don't pay it, we'll attack."
[/quote]
The salient point is that NSO agreed to the sum, then cried and moaned about it in public instead of saying "no, but how about this instead?", like any negotiator with more than a thimble of prudence would.

Edited by Quinoa Rex

I guess the cost of speaking out against admitted errors is 12 million and 200 tech now. My sincerest apologies for my government having forced you to apologize by having revealed that you have something to apologize over. I'm not wholly sure by what logic you can admit you were wrong in your exorbitant demand for reparations but then demand they be paid anyway, but perhaps it makes more sense when you're holding your logic's recipient at the point of a sword. Still, extortion is extortion and I'll accept the option from, if you'll excuse my use of MK's rhetoric, “pay up or blow up” which least resembles suicide. If anyone doubts me, take a look at my aid screen.

By the by, if posting raw logs and a tad bit of the truth are all it takes to constitute a "PR assault" against MK these days, I recommend MK's government shape up rather than just rely on having to pull Archon back into active duty whenever they get themselves into a bind.

Edited by heggo

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' timestamp='1289283682' post='2507438']
The salient point is that NSO agreed to the sum, then cried and moaned about it in public instead of saying "no, but how about this instead?", like any negotiator with a more than a thimble of prudence would.
[/quote]
So your problem is that someone ratted out your bullying.

I, for one, am a bit disappointed, Archon.

Not just in the disingenuous tone you've taken in those post. But the fact that you've made your presence known only for the sake of exploiting your hard-earned friendships in order to bail your subordinates out of a sizable PR debacle.

How underwhelming, I didn't know you considered your friends to be so cheap.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1289283691' post='2507439']
I guess the cost of speaking out against admitted errors is 12 million and 200 tech now. My sincerest apologies for my government having forced you to apologize by having revealed that you have something to apologize over. I'm not wholly sure by what logic you can admit you were wrong in your exorbitant demand for reparations but then demand they be paid anyway, but perhaps it makes more sense when you're holding your logic's recipient at the point of a sword. Still, extortion is extortion and I'll accept the option from, if you'll excuse my use of MK's rhetoric, “pay up or blow up” which least resembles suicide. If anyone doubts me, take a look at my aid screen.

By the by, if posting raw logs and a tad bit of the truth are all it takes to constitute a "PR assault" against MK these days, I recommend MK's government shape up rather than just rely on having to pull Archon back into active duty whenever they get themselves into a bind.
[/quote]
you aren't really this dense, are you?

So your solution to the PR nightmare that your wayward princes have hamhandedly precipitated while daddy's at work with their extortion is [i][b]not[/b][/i] to correct the situation by doing the best thing in your power--settling for the 3/50 you already got which is more than you lost--but to change the reason of the extortion from a bad trade to speaking their minds on the OWF?

Howwwwwwdy-doody, Hegemony 2.0 and just-as-bad-as-NPO jokes! It's like we got into a time capsule and traveled back to 2007/2008. Hold on for a second! I want to get my picture taken with HordeofDoom and Josef Thorne while we're here! This crap writes itself, my hands can't keep up!

This is a pathetic joke.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1289283691' post='2507439']

[/quote]

Don't be dense, Heggo.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289283868' post='2507451']
Don't be dense, Heggo.
[/quote]
Im just amazed that you consider running to Archon to clean up your mess before !@#$ hits the fan to be some kind of exercise in political skill.

Don't be dense? How about you stop riding other people's coattails?

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1289283798' post='2507445']
I, for one, am a bit disappointed, Archon.

Not just in the disingenuous tone you've taken in those post. But the fact that you've made your presence known only for the sake of exploiting your hard-earned friendships in order to bail your subordinates out of a sizable PR debacle.

How underwhelming, I didn't know you considered your friends to be so cheap.
[/quote]

Coming from NSO, this is surely a joke.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289283963' post='2507457']
Coming from NSO, this is surely a joke.
[/quote]
I don't seem to recall any instances of us trotting out Ivan from the retirement pasture just to try and appeal to the better nature of folks who we've alienated with our shenanigans.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1289283946' post='2507455']
Im just amazed that you consider running to Archon to clean up your mess before !@#$ hits the fan to be some kind of exercise in political skill.

Don't be dense? How about you stop riding other people's coattails?
[/quote]

Sorry, I would have resorted to dumping logs but that just seems to be the thing to do these days and I like to stay fresh.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1289283874' post='2507452']
You where quick to get the first few comments from MK members I see.
[/quote]

Sorry. I'm not a huge fan of amsg (due to the crying and queries it elicits) and, in my sequence of posting the announcement in various channels, I started in MK channels as they were at the top of my list. :(

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1289283587' post='2507428']
So the deal was a !@#$ deal. you admit its a !@#$ deal but because NSO is in no position to argue RV accepted the deal and then informed the OWF of how wonderful of an alliance you are. so now he hurt your precious PR you're going to continue to demand the money?

Ah well, quite sad it didnt even take this long to !@#$ all over that Karma thing
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Pretty much this. MK thinks its the victim because I exposed their naked flaws before the world. I showed people the ugly face behind MK's mask of faux honor and respectability - a face they've tried so hard to stay blind to for as long as they have. And the truth is neither I nor the NSO did any wrong here. I did what anyone in my position should have done. I exposed heavy handed dealings in backrooms before the public. I prevented them from hiding their ugliness behind their veil of private channels, and it stands before everyone.

MK believes that speaking against them is now a crime. I've seen this before, and I fought against it then. Call me a fool and an idealist, but I am not going to bow out of fear, and I am not going to be held silent out of fear of reprisal. The world not only deserved to know what I shared with it, it needed to know. Now there is no excuse. No one is ignorant now.[/color]