A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

[center][img]http://thecastlehall.com/mkflag.png[/img]
[color="#00BFFF"][font="Impact"][size="5"]From the Desk of the King[/size][/font][/color][/center]

Long time no see. Obviously, this whole break thing isn't working out.

As most of the politically aware world is, well, aware of at this point, there was a point of contention between the Mushroom Kingdom and the New Sith Order. This concerned a nation, wearing the New Sith Order Alliance Affiliation and bearing the mask of a member on the Sith Order's private forum, who jobbed Big Jeff of Aloha, a long-time Mushroom Kingdom protectorate. Big Jeff issued a payment of $3 Million to the nation in question so that said nation could acquire a harbor to facilitate their participation in an Kingdom-organized trade circle. The nation accepted the aid, then, without notice, left the circle. Highway robbery, if you will.

Understandably upset, the Kingdom launched an investigation, revealing the nation in question was a masked member of the Sith Order and a member on their Alliance Affiliation. This was screencapped in anticipation of what eventually came to pass - a timely demasking and dissociation. One might argue this is even standard procedure. That is up to the individual to interpret. At this point, I'm simply recounting history.

It was at this point that I will rather openly admit that the Kingdom erred. We demanded a sum of 15 million and 250 tech (a package of 3 million and 50 tech to each affected nation). It is quite important to note that this sum was *not* based on the popular misconception that a member of MK gov believed each affected nation had sent out 3 million. The following excerpt of the initial contact conversation between Yevgeni and Lintwad illustrates this quite clearly:

[quote]
[16:59] <Yevgeni> Guy was contacted for a trade circle composed of MKers or MK-friends. We needed his resources to complete it.
[16:59] <Yevgeni> We promised him 3m so he could pay his harbour.
[17:00] <Yevgeni> He moved to Aqua, accepted the 3m but cancelled the trade offers, despite clear instructions and him saying he had read the instructions (obv. since he moved to Aqua).
[17:00] <Yevgeni> So yeah.
[/quote]

It was simply a rather high sum. In fact, I would say it was too high. Perhaps the negotiators expected the Sith to actually negotiate. I believe that expectation has been voiced. That does not defend it. Of course, I am still just recounting events that occurred. And passing my own judgment, as King of the Mushroom Kingdom. The number asked was too high. And the Kingdom would have been very, very willing to settle for a substantially lower fee.

Would have been.

To be fair, the situation was strained from the outset. The Sith were disorganized, contradictory in their information, and, later, outright hostile. However, even in that situation, such attitude could have been forgiven. What cannot be forgiven is the willful and blatant assault on the face of the Kingdom. The PR assault waged by Rebel Virginia, second in command of the Sith Order, is something the Kingdom cannot condone, and will not encourage. To believe that we would is folly. We can, and will, deal with it. But we will not condone it, we will not encourage it, and we sure as hell will not reward it.

Therefore, I come to the last piece of historical evidence. Rebel Virginia agreed to the sum to be paid. The aid packets were sent, though all have since been canceled save one that was accepted. A deal was forged, and indeed, that agreement has been posted for all the world to see. I think most all of you have borne witness to it. I have publicly stated that I do not personally believe the deal was fair. I have publicly stated that, normally, the Kingdom would have been quite willing to come down. But not when you launch a PR war against us. Not when you take a private matter public in such a manner. That is not something the Kingdom will support. As a leader, I have, on multiple occasions, readily admitted mistakes, and have not hesitated to reverse actions. However, the Sith Order has blown that chance.

The deal stands. After consulting with people on both sides of the issue (read: people in that thread who were on both sides), the Kingdom has agreed upon a 48 hour deadline from the issuance of this proclamation. For ease of timekeeping, two updates hence. Therefore, to be crystal clear:

The Mushroom Kingdom expects the remaining payment to be delivered by 11:59PM server time, the 10th of November, 2010. Should the Sith Order fail to deliver, then the Kingdom will interpret the deal as reneged and will respond accordingly.

Signed this 9th day of November, 2010
[i]Archon[/i]
King of the Mushroom Kingdom

Edit Reason: Grammar, hurf durf.

Edited by TheNeverender

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the deal was a !@#$ deal. you admit its a !@#$ deal but because NSO is in no position to argue RV accepted the deal and then informed the OWF of how wonderful of an alliance you are. so now he hurt your precious PR you're going to continue to demand the money?

Ah well, quite sad it didnt even take this long to !@#$ all over that Karma thing