Decree of the Sith

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1281312034' post='2405278']
ITT NSO admits condoning aiding a rogue and commiting what is generally accepted to be an act of war.
[/quote]

Actually nothing of the sort was said. What was said was that NSO accepted as a member an individual who apparently had went rogue in the past. When NSO asked for proof, they were instead declared on.

But I can understand why you might say things are you are.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]His wars were in response to TENE spying on him, he wasn't just a random rogue. [/quote]

He was unaligned at the time of spying, so it is of no concern to NSO.

[quote]What was said was that NSO accepted as a member an individual who apparently had went rogue in the past. When NSO asked for proof, they were instead declared on.[/quote]

Hal, the wars are still active.

Edited by Xiphosis

[quote][17:25] <pezstar> NSO would like a meeting with RoK. I'll be mediating it unless you folks have an objection. Can you gather your folks at some point and head to #stafa?
[17:27] <RoK Official> Sadly the only RC on are myself and Rampage.
[17:27] <pezstar> ok.
[17:27] <RoK Official> The only person that would be authorized to negotiate is Hoo and he isnt around right now. (I edited the last three words of this to exclude personal information)
[17:28] <pezstar> Ok. It doesn't have to be right now. I'll be around all evening, and the NSO folks probably will too
[17:29] <RoK Official> I will post this in the govt channel
[17:29] <pezstar> Awesome[/quote]

This was 2 hours before the war declaration. If RoK had been interested in anything other than war, they'd have at least popped by to attempt to talk about it. Instead, they declared. Clearly, they wanted war.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281312434' post='2405330']
[color="#0000FF"]You've tried getting rid of us before. We're going nowhere. Sorry to disappoint.[/color]
[/quote]

Is that because the lot of you went into peace mode?

[quote name='Acca Dacca' timestamp='1281312465' post='2405337']
You accepted him yesterday, the second day of him being a rogue. The day he attacked another protectorate member, the day TENE asked us to step in.

Apparently, you are.

[/quote]

Some proof and he was yours. Once this is all said and done, I'm going to make it my business to start claiming every RoK applicant an NSO rogue. Won't that be fun?

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1281312333' post='2405321']
I am sure that is exactly what RoK and the other bandwagoners expect us and want us to do.
[/quote]

Um, no. NSO messed up and they are at the core for paying for their grandstanding in this situation. Likewise, given certain precedence, just because you request that your allies not enter doesn't mean they still hold a moral obligation, one example being USN jumping in with CSN during the 1V-GATO War despite abhorrently uneven odds.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1281312594' post='2405348']
Actually nothing of the sort was said. What was said was that NSO accepted as a member an individual who apparently had went rogue in the past. When NSO asked for proof, they were instead declared on.

But I can understand why you might say things are you are.
[/quote]

I appreciate the understanding, Hal.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281312434' post='2405330']
[color="#0000FF"]You've tried getting rid of us before. We're going nowhere. Sorry to disappoint.[/color]
[/quote]
who needs to get rid of you when you'll be too weak to even be even remotely slightly relevant to the rest of the cn world after the tanks have finished rolling

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1281312169' post='2405293']
He had two active wars on a Ragnarok protectorate. You accepted him anyway, refused to boot him, and then aided him after Hoo explicitly told you such a thing would be considered a warrable offense.

Baaw, baaw victim card. You played too much and got your hand stuck in it, deal.
[/quote]

This is exactly how I feel about this, well put Xi.

[quote name='Mr Rosenberger' timestamp='1281312196' post='2405304']
I do not know you guys, however what I just read was very moving and throwing yourself out there to protect your members....that is well honorable. I'm going to have to give a o/ for NSO.
[/quote]

I'd say that what you said is correct, but sacrificing an alliance of nations for one rogue member is hardly "protecting their members".

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1281312406' post='2405328']
How hard is it to comprehend "We will protect our members unless you can prove to us they have wronged you". More difficult than I could ever imagined. I thought you guys were supposed to be the benevolent ones? Power does weird things. Weird things indeed.
[/quote]

"Prove to us they have wronged you"? Was seeing wars declared upon applicants not enough proof?

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1281312711' post='2405362']
Not that I expect you to actually be a big boy and look at any of the facts, but he was with MHA
[/quote]

I did look at the facts, and if you check with MHA you will find that he was ghosting them. I remain at a loss how, even if he was MHA, it involves the Sith.

Edited by Xiphosis

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1281312879' post='2405387']
I doubt very much that the NSO's treaties include a "request for help" clause. Thus I'm going to conclude that any alliance not defending the Legion of Brown is led by lying cowards.
[/quote]

What's the matter? Upset that you're not going to get your war after all?

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1281312879' post='2405387']
I doubt very much that the NSO's treaties include a "request for help" clause. Thus I'm going to conclude that any treaty partner not defending the Legion of Brown is led by lying cowards.
[/quote]

Cool story bro.

Goodluck in your war NSO no matter how stupid it is.

Now, unless I am missing something big, you guys were told he was a rogue. He needed to pay reps. You then proceeded to aid the rogue. It seems like common sense that the money could have been used to pay the reps in his place. Given that, I don't understand your reasons for complaining about this.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1281312711' post='2405361']
Um, no. NSO messed up and they are at the core for paying for their grandstanding in this situation. Likewise, given certain precedence, just because you request that your allies not enter doesn't mean they still hold a moral obligation, one example being USN jumping in with CSN during the 1V-GATO War despite abhorrently uneven odds.
[/quote]

The two scenarios are different, dont try and compare. SF and co target NPO in this and you know it... RoK looked for any excuse to start a war and attempt to bring in NSO's allies. I dont see how our moral obligations are of any concern to you anyway.

The CB is mediocre at best...
And over-reaction at worst...

Edited by Robster83