Generalissimo Scale -- 2nd scientific conference

Generalissimo

[center][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x251/CyberNationsStuff/Laptop.jpg[/img]
[i]Generalissimo on a Laptop, online courtesy of automatic Procinctian remnant government systems protocols[/i][/center]
[color="#008000"]”This is a pre-recorded message from Generalissimo, Generalissimo of Procinctia, intended carry on international research concerning Generalissimo’s Observation and geographic-temporal-relations in circumstances where I have vanished in Arctic waters for a period in excess of one year real-time.
Scenario 607-E
Liska holding an international scientific conference on the subject following my official declaration of death but is unable to host a second event requiring my post-mortem recording to host a international conference concerning geographic-temporal theory in circumstances where research pertaining to the subject is limited.

It has been nearly a year real-time and yet further investigation concerning Generalissimo’s Observation has almost completely stagnated, the world at accepts my research yet no one else is capable bringing the world’s scientific community together? Don’t tell me you’re all incapable of doing this without me, I’m the best but all of your effort combined might match achievement. Liska continued in my absence, yet men of science apparently need a schoolgirl holding their hands to work towards common goal. You’re all better than this, and together you can pierce the boundaries of time itself

The late Generalissimo is hosting, rather a series of prerecorded messages of the late Generalissimo, is hosting a second conference to further refine current analysis of geography and time. This event, open to those with reasonable credentials, is to be held real time August sixth year 2010, at the main conference room of the [i]Procinctia-Slavorussia Joint Administion Building[/i] on Bering Island.[/color]

[b]Relevant Threads and Theories[/b]

Generalissimo’s Observation
(http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=71942)
Generalissimo’s Observation: Time passes differently in accordance with cartographic boundaries.

Arctica-Transvaal time arbitrarily designated ‘real time’.

Generalissimo Scale Comparisons with common Cartographic-Temporal- Progressions
One Month Real Time = One Year [insert country here]
One Week Real Time = One Month [insert country here]
One Week Real Time = One Year [insert country here]
Three Weeks Real Time = One Year [insert country here]

Liska’s Observation: Age progression is somehow determined by citizenship
Individuals outside their own political-temporal-boundaries will age at the rate of place of citizenship

Generalissimo Scale - scientific conference Refinement of Analysis
(http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=74249)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Month Real Time = One Year [Kingdom of Cochin]

Maj. Gen. Gokul Varma, Commander of Royal Cochin Special Force and a scientist with numerous published works to his credit would come once again to Procinctia to participate in the conference. The [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=74249&view=findpost&p=2011504"]chronological progression[/url] in Kingdom had been explained at the previous conference by Maj. Gen. Varma.

Zargathia can confirm its previous findings that one Procinctian second converts to somewhere between four and twelve Zargathian seconds... Time doesn't always fly at the same speed, apparently.

Construction RP: One Week = 1-3 Months, depending on what is being built.
Character RP: 'Timelocked' (time only progresses when we say it does)
Ages and holidays: Realtime.

Time is an anomaly not fully understood by the Marscurian people. We are still currently wondering how some children manage to be 17 years older than their parents. The only consistencies we have seen is the fact that our leadership structure has aged at normal speed.

[color="#000080"][quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1281117769' post='2402858']Arctica-Transvaal time arbitrarily designated ‘real time’.[/quote]

While the passage of time in Southern Africa is almost uniquely ‘one per one’ or ‘real time’, there is one anomaly of time passage which does occurs within the borders of Transvaal, namely the strange aging process of its soccer players due to the passage of time in-game in Liga Mundo.

CASE EXHIBIT ‘A’: Detlef Botha

Detlef Botha joined the Transvaal Springboks aged 19 in January 2009. Because four seasons have passed since that point he joined the team, Detlef Botha’s age is now actually 23 – and not 20 or 21 like other Transvaler citizens who have aged as normal 'one per one' during the same passage of time.

Considering most Liga Mundo seasons last four months, after which the player ages by 1 year, in one year's time from now, Detlef Botha will be around 26-27 – and not 21-24 due to the passage of real time which does not affect him.

CASE EXHIBIT ‘B’: Gert Grünholz

Gert Grünholz is a former Liga Mundo player who underwent similar aging anomalies, progressing from 30 to 35 in the passage of 1.5 years of normal ‘Transvaal’ time. However, since his departure from Liga Mundo, his aging is no longer under the effects of the LM-time anomaly. When he left Liga Mundio one year ago, he was 35 years old. He is now, one year later, 36 years old.

CASE EXHIBIT ‘C’: Gert Grünholz has a son

One untested but potential anomaly which could arise is if a father-son pairing ever played in Liga Mundo. Let’s suppose Gert Grünholz’s son – who is 15 years old – started playing in Liga Mundo next season as a 16-year-old. In theory, this son could play 12 seasons before retiring, which would equate to the passage of 3 ‘real life’ years as this son ages 12 years. Let’s suppose he retires, like his father, at age 35. This would likely occur sometime around 2014 or 2015. He would then be 35, but Gert Grünholz would have only aged 4 or 5 years and would thus be nearing 40. How can a 40 year-old be the father of a 35-year-old?

CASE EXHIBIT ‘D’: Bartnel Botha

Bartnel Botha is the manager of the Transvaal Soringboks. However unlike the players on the team, he ages just like any regular Transvaler citizen, namely ‘one per one’.
Where we see a reverse of the so-called [i]Grünholz Syndrome[/i] or [i]Grünholz Effect [/i]is where very young players eventually catch up in age to Manager Bartnel Botha, who is currently aged 41. Bartnel Botha has been the manager for 2.5 years yet his players from the club's first season have aged 7-8 years.[/color]

Edited by Botha

During the signing of our treaty with Louisiana and Atlantis, time in the meeting room was warped in such a way that only did months pass outside while only a few hours passed inside, but the world leaders in the room also existed outside of it simultaneously. When they emerged from the room with the treaty signed, the treaty was already several months old and Lousiania already calling on Canuckistan to honour it.

Our only conclusion must be that God did it.

"Time in Selenarctos progresses at a rate of 12:1 to 'Real Time.' One month in 'Real Time' therefore equals one year in Selenarctos, except where," the Selenarctan representative paused in confusion before finishing the speech he'd been given, "Except where convenient for plot or for real world circumstances."

Tanzania has also got a unique time frame, in what is locally called "yeah whatever time". In more scientific words what we have found is that time progresses at a random rate as if dependant on the whim of some higher being, for example recently a brand new facility was completed without anyone knowing when it had started construction.

Our more crazier scientists have come up with an idea about this. They believe that we are in fact fictional ideas and nations created from the minds of some sort of beings on a roleplay forum, possibly linked to a nation building game perhaps, and that they post threads and stories about us as and when they feel like it which is why we have so many different time zones.

Of course most of these scientists are insane and their ideas discounted because really what group of adults would sit and write fictional stories about some internet nation sim game huh?

A shadowy figure appears from nowhere at the conference, "Time advances in accordance with the will of the Dreamers dependent upon where they dream. It is not a constant. It only appears to be to citizen observers." It then vanishes. Any recording devices present would not have noticed its coming and going, even its voice is not recorded on any sound recording apparatus.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Bartholomew H. Jass, who dabbles in this sort of thinking, and who is a tourism official in Arctica, arrived just as the figure began to speak.

"Actually, I was just going to mention what this...thing said. The beliefs the Dragon Cult holds seem to answer this in part, and it is curious that they are the first religion to acknowledge this as part of their core doctrine.

Anyway, we are here to discuss science. My observations of other countries and their historical rate of passage of time, and I can say that my country is still going by the same rate of time. It is August 7, 2010, and it will be August 8 tomorrow, and so on and so forth."

Naturally, these strange passages of time must be part of a terrorist plot to overthrow our respective governments, and replace it with a united world front. We are all victims of a time manipulation machine, and what ios worse, most people are unaware of it. Thankfully, The Montanan Institute of Chronology is on the case, at least, we will be, once we get our funding...

Dr. Hugo (onetime speaker for Procinctia’s Technocratic Progress Party) who was previously in the back of the meeting stood to address the conference.

“As Generalissimo’s death precludes a presence at this event, I have been assigned to oversee these proceeding in his absence. Personally I would have preferred Generalissimo’s postmortem invitation to be less condescending, if not outright insulting, to our scientific community.

I will address the statements of representatives made so far, formally record presented Generalissimo Scale observations, and play a prerecorded message from Generalissimo concerning a previously unreleased theory.”

[center][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x251/CyberNationsStuff/DrHugoDammerung.jpg[/img]
Dr. Hugo, onetime speaker for Procinctia’s Technocratic Progress Party [/center]

[quote name='Vedran' timestamp='1281237287' post='2404222']Bartholomew H. Jass, who dabbles in this sort of thinking, and who is a tourism official in Arctica, arrived just as the figure began to speak.[/quote]”I am honored to be in the presence of Bartholomew H. Jass; two time recipient of Procinctia’s Medal of Science and genius mind behind Jass' First and Second Observations.”[quote name='Vedran' timestamp='1281237287' post='2404222']"Actually, I was just going to mention what this...thing said. The beliefs the Dragon Cult holds seem to answer this in part, and it is curious that they are the first religion to acknowledge this as part of their core doctrine.[/quote] “I do not believe this Dragon Cult will be the last religion to integrate this new reality in their theology, assigning temporal-geographic-discrepancy supernatural origins merely incorporates a god-of-gaps in place of our lack of scientific understanding of this phenomenon. Such narrow-mindedness hurts both religion and science; in the sort term people look away from science for answers, but eventually if a natural explanation is found it will undermine religions that had supernatural theories for the occurrence. There was a time when magnetism was magic and lightning was the wrath of gods, we all know better now.”[quote name='Vedran' timestamp='1281237287' post='2404222']Anyway, we are here to discuss science. My observations of other countries and their historical rate of passage of time, and I can say that my country is still going by the same rate of time. It is August 7, 2010, and it will be August 8 tomorrow, and so on and so forth."[/quote]“I would absolutely love to hear your observations of other countries and their historical rate of passage of time.”

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1281126238' post='2403021']During the signing of our treaty with Louisiana and Atlantis, time in the meeting room was warped in such a way that only did months pass outside while only a few hours passed inside, but the world leaders in the room also existed outside of it simultaneously. When they emerged from the room with the treaty signed, the treaty was already several months old and Lousiania already calling on Canuckistan to honour it.[/quote] “International treaties and meetings, like this very conference, often fall outside of the temporal conventions of those nations involved. Generalissimo noted this in his original observations, yet did not formulate a theory for it. I personally believe it results from the overlapping chronology of those countries involved.”

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1281126238' post='2403021']Our only conclusion must be that God did it.[/quote] “[b]God-of-Gaps[/b]? We are supposed to be [size="5"][b]men of science![/b][/size]”

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1281122915' post='2402952']Time is an anomaly not fully understood by the Marscurian people. We are still currently wondering how some children manage to be 17 years older than their parents. The only consistencies we have seen is the fact that our leadership structure has aged at normal speed.[/quote] “Time is an anomaly not fully understood by anyone, not even Generalissimo. These discrepancies are not entirely unheard of, while remaining a complete mystery it falls outside classic interpretations of Liska’s original observation. Children in many countries age at a rate faster than the temporal progression in the rest of the territory, it usually levels off somewhere in adulthood, but there is not current theory concerning this development.”

One Month Real Time = One Year [Diberia/Curacao]

[b][i]Dr. Romper’s Thorough Pocket Guide of Diberian Time[/i][/b]
Compared to the real time in the country of Transvaal, Diberia and the island of Curacao have gone through over two [i]decades[/i] in the past two years. This is startling, considering how entire life times and wars have come and gone in this time period.

I dare wonder if this has happened since the beginning of time itself. The rocks under out feet could be one year old, or thirty trillion for all we know.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1281118030' post='2402863']Maj. Gen. Gokul Varma, Commander of Royal Cochin Special Force and a scientist with numerous published works to his credit would come once again to Procinctia to participate in the conference. The [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=74249&view=findpost&p=2011504"]chronological progression[/url] in Kingdom had been explained at the previous conference by Maj. Gen. Varma.[/quote] Generalissimo would have appreciated Major General Gokul Varma’s continued contributions and presence at these meetings. Your many published works are not given nearly the credit deserved.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1281223403' post='2404090']
Tanzania has also got a unique time frame, in what is locally called "yeah whatever time". In more scientific words what we have found is that time progresses at a random rate as if dependant on the whim of some higher being, for example recently a brand new facility was completed without anyone knowing when it had started construction.[/quote] Yeah whatever time? Random progression isn’t something easy to quantify. Jass' Observations would indicate this is the result from Tanzania’s internal instability.[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1281223403' post='2404090']
Our more crazier scientists have come up with an idea about this. They believe that we are in fact fictional ideas and nations created from the minds of some sort of beings on a roleplay forum, possibly linked to a nation building game perhaps, and that they post threads and stories about us as and when they feel like it which is why we have so many different time zones.[/quote] It’s a step up from the theologians, but not by much. So we’re in a role-playing forum, that’s just silly.[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1281223403' post='2404090']Of course most of these scientists are insane and their ideas discounted because really what group of adults would sit and write fictional stories about some internet nation sim game huh?[/quote] On a less scientific tangent the late Generalissimo was the sort of adult who would sit and write fictional stories about some internet nation simulation game.

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1281269320' post='2404469']"You are all figments of my imagination!", screamed one of the...less sane scientists at the conference. "You all age as quickly or slowly as I [b]want[/b] you to!"[/quote] This could only result from a figment of your imagination if you actually believe fantasy’s impact on reality.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1281236422' post='2404216']A shadowy figure appears from nowhere at the conference, "Time advances in accordance with the will of the Dreamers dependent upon where they dream. It is not a constant. It only appears to be to citizen observers." It then vanishes. Any recording devices present would not have noticed its coming and going, even its voice is not recorded on any sound recording apparatus.[/quote]Collective dreaming and other psychological possibilities have been theorized from the dawn of our field. Many theorized Generalissimo’s realization is responsible for all of this, relative time existing only because he announced it did. It is odd so few recognized something so obvious, observation may be a legitimate factor.

Generalissimo, recognized as a God-King among theoretical time physicists, was honored with a parade in Sarnunga.

One Month generally equals One Year in the Sarnungian Republic, but there have been times when an increased concentration of life has increased the flow of time in certain areas. For instance, when constructing what some nations call "wonders" or "improvements" or even navies, the large amounts of manpower and general human beings in the area tend to drastically increase the flow of time. This phenomenon, noticed by noted theoretical time physicist Communism Isgood, has been proposed to the conference under the name the Communism Corollary.

//OOC: navies, wonders, improvements, etc., tend to get built faster than usual

Edited by Sargun

[b]Generalissimo Scale Second Scientific Conference, [i]Generalissimo Scale Comparisons[/i][/b]

One Month Real Time = One Year Kingdom of Cochin

One Month Real Time = One Year Las Malvinas Island Territories

One Month Real Time = One Month Transvaal

One Month Real Time = One Year South Sudan

One Month Real Time = One Year Republic of Organcia

One Month Real Time = One Year in Selenarctos

One Month Real Time = One Month Arctica

One Month Real Time = One Year Diberia/Curacao

One Month Real Time = One Year North Canadia

One Month Real Time = One Year Sarnungian Republic

Tanzania = Variable

Marscurian Pakistan = Variable?

Zargathia = Variable?

Edited by Generalissimo

"The temporal progression in Kingdom of Cochin has had very few changes from the observations from the last conference. A period of one year in the Kingdom of Cochin happens while one Gregorian calendar month passes by. Within this time frame, events within the Kingdom can happen at remarkable flexibility in chronological progression. Rather than events getting determined by time required, time required depends upon the event.

In matters pertaining to subjects outside of the Kingdom, however greater rigidity in timescale is employed. For example in issues of military deployment, we generally follow one real day = 12 Bob days. Now within these 12 days only the logical advancement possible with respect to deployment and transportation would occur in the Kingdom.

Unlike certain other nations, the Kingdom of Cochin takes 12 Bob days to travel distance that requires 12 Solar days to travel in reality, unlike certain other nations which have even greater temporal flexibility by which massive amounts of military can be transported on an intercontinental scale in a matter of hours, with respect to Bob time.

The discrepancy is most interesting in international exchanges, which though rationally would occur only during the course of a few Bob hours, would inexplicably occur over the course of several Solar days. In those cases we believe there is a definite warp in the time domain. The only thing that is certain is that everything happens within the generic time frame of one Bob year = one Gregorian month.

The aging aspect is once again a most interesting aspect of the Kingdom. Aging of any person is determined solely by His Highness Kerala Varma, the King of Cochin. The current King possesses that omnipotential capability that has always been the domain of the earlier King, His Excellency Rama Varma and the other Kings before him. The King determines who ages and who does not, hence ostensibly geriatric persons can remain in limbo with respect to their age for ever, with passage of time having no effect on them. For example, even though it has been 16 Bob years or 16 Gregorian months since the Kingdom of Cochin announced its presence in Bob, there has hardly been any aging for the Cabinet ministers of the Kingdom. Our Foreign Minister who is ostensibly older than Rama Varma continues to remain in a pickled state with full vigor while Rama Varma himself retired due to infirmities of age. Age advanced for Rama Varma, while it stood standstill for KP Varma, however Rama Varma shall forever remain younger than KP Varma. It is one of the oddities of time domain as experienced by the Kingdom. These oddities are explicitly due to the wish of the sovereign.

Indeed I had done some interesting experiments and made several observations during the Coronation of the present King, however I was unable to determine a precise transfer of power with respect to temporal control, it was almost as if there was no transfer, it was just transformation of then entity wielding the power, the lesser entity transmogifying into the higher entity.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1281372157' post='2407750']One Month generally equals One Year in the Sarnungian Republic, but there have been times when an increased concentration of life has increased the flow of time in certain areas. For instance, when constructing what some nations call "wonders" or "improvements" or even navies, the large amounts of manpower and general human beings in the area tend to drastically increase the flow of time. This phenomenon, noticed by noted theoretical time physicist Communism Isgood, has been proposed to the conference under the name the Communism Corollary.[/quote] "Communism Isgood's Communism Corollary is a notable development. To include Communism Isgood's Communism Corollary, alternatively the Communism Isgood's Corollary after the author, in the shorthand list of relivant geographic-temporal theories given out to delegates before before proceedings at future Generalissimo Scale scientific conferences will be voted on at the end of this event."

Out of Character: A [i]shorthand list of relevant geographic-temporal theories given out to delegates[/i] describes what is in the opening post, there will be a poll of theories or developments to be added at future events later in the conference.

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1281373403' post='2407785']The temporal progression in Kingdom of Cochin has had very few changes from the observations from the last conference. A period of one year in the Kingdom of Cochin happens while one Gregorian calendar month passes by. Within this time frame, events within the Kingdom can happen at remarkable flexibility in chronological progression. Rather than events getting determined by time required, time required depends upon the event.[/quote] “Time depends on the event? We’ve all heard of variable time, but this is something else entirely. Does time effect the event or does the event effect time? This could explain non-uniformed progression elsewhere. Is this an application of Communism Isgood's Communism Corollary? Communism Isgood will have to be consulted in this matter."

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1281373403' post='2407785']In matters pertaining to subjects outside of the Kingdom, however greater rigidity in timescale is employed. For example in issues of military deployment, we generally follow one real day = 12 Bob days. Now within these 12 days only the logical advancement possible with respect to deployment and transportation would occur in the Kingdom.

Unlike certain other nations, the Kingdom of Cochin takes 12 Bob days to travel distance that requires 12 Solar days to travel in reality, unlike certain other nations which have even greater temporal flexibility by which massive amounts of military can be transported on an intercontinental scale in a matter of hours, with respect to Bob time.

The discrepancy is most interesting in international exchanges, which though rationally would occur only during the course of a few Bob hours, would inexplicably occur over the course of several Solar days. In those cases we believe there is a definite warp in the time domain. The only thing that is certain is that everything happens within the generic time frame of one Bob year = one Gregorian month.[/quote] “Generalissimo’s original observation noted discrepancies of timescale and international warfare. Until toady, however, there hasn’t this detailed an investigation of this subject. Your observations concerning the relationship of time and war need to be labeled and formally codified."

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1281373403' post='2407785'] The aging aspect is once again a most interesting aspect of the Kingdom. Aging of any person is determined solely by His Highness Kerala Varma, the King of Cochin. The current King possesses that omnipotential capability that has always been the domain of the earlier King, His Excellency Rama Varma and the other Kings before him. The King determines who ages and who does not, hence ostensibly geriatric persons can remain in limbo with respect to their age for ever, with passage of time having no effect on them. For example, even though it has been 16 Bob years or 16 Gregorian months since the Kingdom of Cochin announced its presence in Bob, there has hardly been any aging for the Cabinet ministers of the Kingdom. Our Foreign Minister who is ostensibly older than Rama Varma continues to remain in a pickled state with full vigor while Rama Varma himself retired due to infirmities of age. Age advanced for Rama Varma, while it stood standstill for KP Varma, however Rama Varma shall forever remain younger than KP Varma. It is one of the oddities of time domain as experienced by the Kingdom. These oddities are explicitly due to the wish of the sovereign.[/quote] “[size="6"][b]Kerala Varma does what? ! ? ? ! ? [/b][/size]
You postulated a correlation between a state’s leadership and time in the first conference, but this new data is overwhelming proof of your hypotheses. As impossible as it sounds Kerala Varma decides aging in his Kingdom, and such power is unprecedented. [font="Arial Narrow"][size="1"]I. . . I. . . I . . . I. . . d. . . d. . . [/size] [/font]don’t have anything to add to this."

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1281373403' post='2407785']Indeed I had done some interesting experiments and made several observations during the Coronation of the present King, however I was unable to determine a precise transfer of power with respect to temporal control, it was almost as if there was no transfer, it was just transformation of then entity wielding the power, the lesser entity transmogifying into the higher entity.[/quote] "You mean there’s more? What experiments and observations?"

Edited by Generalissimo