Pay Bills

Alexander412

Months ago, roughly 90 days, I was part of an alliance that I thought would guarantee me safety and help from being attacked. However, that was not the case and my alliance due to its poor leadership became interlocked in a conflict that resulted in my nation being attacked and hit with nukes even though I didnt want to be a belligernent nation and did not participate in the conflict. My nation was basically Japan after the Second World War, it laid in ruins from my standpoint.
I left the alliance and sued for peace with my attackers, however, that was not the end of it and roughly 2-4 days after leaving I was raided and attacked once again by nations looking to get an orgasmic high off of taking my tech and wiping out my infrastrucuture. So by this point I had pretty much become pissed with the game and its concept, especially since I have been playing since 06' and this is not the first time stuff like this has happened. Yet even after Ive quit, by some force within me I decided to rejoin the game and start out fresh and new. Yet tis time I didnt want to quit, I didnt want to destroy all the time I put into building my nation, so I went into peace mode and collected taxes from time to time but eventually I didnt pay any attention to game. Every 20 days or so I would collect taxes and try to pay bills, but what I didnt realize was that there was a penalty to not paying bills. So skip 90 something days ahead and now that Ive come out of peace mode and want to play again, I cannot pay my bills with my tax penalty at 100%. This is simply unbearable and sometimes in all honesty, the game is real let down with this stuff. What I want to know is what should I do and when and how? If the admin has a sliver of compassion he'd hear my miniscule plea and simple take off the tax penalty. Thats all I ask, but for some of you who are die-hard fans and gamers, I respect if you find the consequences served to me, justifiable. Yet I ask you, in the game it seems as though months can be spent to build up your nation yet all of that can be wiped out within a day, this is frustrating and although I respect the game for being what it is, there are justs alot of odds against you as a single player. Well that my case, I just hope people listen, Ill be here everyday to listen to your comments, so ask me anything.

Thanks for your time
Alexander412

Unlike governments in RL, in CN you actually have to pay your bills. It's the price you pay for being able to collect taxes for 90 days straight. This situation would be a lot less "unbearable" if you actually paid for your stuff.

Otherwise, post in the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=47"]Foreign Aid Requests[/url] thread.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1280375470' post='2393492']
Just reroll and get it over with, you could be stronger than you are now and have more wonders in half a year.

If you're indeed in that bad of a situation, the only way you'll get out is selling everything anyways.
[/quote]

That may seem easy to you but I can guarantee you, that in half a year it wont happen, this game honestly moves too slow.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1280374789' post='2393476']
Unlike governments in RL, in CN you actually have to pay your bills. It's the price you pay for being able to collect taxes for 90 days straight. This situation would be a lot less "unbearable" if you actually paid for your stuff.

Otherwise, post in the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=47"]Foreign Aid Requests[/url] thread.
[/

Any other suggestions and thank you for pointing out the obvious

[quote name='Alexander412' timestamp='1280420583' post='2394013']
That may seem easy to you but I can guarantee you, that in half a year it wont happen, this game honestly moves too slow.
[/quote]

Really? You can guarantee me?

I've rerolled with more wonders and more strength than you.

In 20 days you can be at 10k NS and 3k infra, in 3 months you can have two wonders and 4k infra and already be working on tech. In 6 months you can have a SSS, SM, MP, SDI and DRA with 5-6k infra, 2k tech and a full salvo of nukes, albeit a shoddy warchest which you have to work on for the next 1-2 months.

[quote]Yet I ask you, in the game it seems as though months can be spent to build up your nation yet all of that can be wiped out within a day[/quote]

It didn't get wiped out in a day. It got wiped out when you went for an extended period of time without paying bills. From what you've said, you didn't pay bills for 90 days, and that's why you are in this problem.

Without selling off anything, I suspect that foreign aid isn't going to get you where you need to be.

At the very least, get rid of your navy (you have one ship) and naval improvements. Get rid of barracks and factories. Get rid of missile defenses and satellites. Probably drop the border walls. You have 5 Intelligence Agencies, but I'm guessing you don't have spies that require them, so drop as many of them as you can without having to get rid of spies. That should drop your improvement upkeep quite a bit, and most of those either don't help your income, or only have a small boost.

Doing that would drop your # of improvements by about 35 without having a big effect on your tax income. My improvements cost me $3,000 a day, and yours are probably more since you have more improvements. At 3,000 a day, dropping 35 is 105,000 a day. Note that the upkeep for the ones you have left afterward will probably also drop, since the more you have, the higher the upkeep. At 105,000 a day saved, times 90 days, that's $9,450,000 less in bills. Plus no bills for the one naval ship, and likely more savings on improvement bills than I've estimated.

Make sure you've got the lowest soldier count you can get without anarchy. The soldier purchase screen will tell you how many you can sell safely.

You haven't said what your bills are, or how much money you have, so I don't know how close this gets you.

On IRC, the #CN-Econ channel might be able to help. But I think once you've done what I suggest above, and that doesn't get you close, that you'll have to sell infra/land. If it were me, I'd prefer that to a re-roll in your situation.

If I'm not mistaken, your infra costs about 2,951,960.87/day to maintain. *90 days.... 265,676,478.30 in infra bills.

Your battleship costs 25k/day to maintain, so that would be about 2,250,000.

Your 75 improvements cost around 225,000/day, and your two wonders cost around 10,000/day. (20,250,000 and 900,000 respectively)

Your daily soldier costs are around 7,633.47, for a total of 687,012.30.

Add 5k/day of unpaid bills, 450,000....

Your backlog of bills is around 290,213,490.60, I'm guessing?

You can cut your infra bill in half by selling about 1,899 infra (Plus getting rid of that battleship would lower it a little more),

4,699.92 infra would be about 1,457,210.19/day, which would be 131,148,917.10. Further selling down to
3,499.92 infra would cut your daily infra bill to about 710,693.75. Which would be about 63,962,437.50. Your bills would drop to one eighth at
2599.92 infra about 346,803.32/day, which would cost 31,212,298.80 for 90 days. If this is still not enough....

1999.92 infra would be about 178,832.84/day, 16,094,955.60 over 90 days.
1299.92 infra would be about 78,944.14/day, 7,104,972.60 over 90 days.
999.92 infra would be about 39,996.80/day, 3,599,712.00 over 90 days.
699.92 infra would be about 19,821.73/day, 1,783,955.70 over 90 days.
499.92 infra would be about 10,243.36/day, 921,902.40 over 90 days.
299.92 infra would be about 4,246.86/day, 382,217.40 over 90 days.

(Note: Adding a uranium trade would take 3% off all the infra upkeep costs I'm listing here.)

And yes, like others have suggested, trashing the battleship, lowering your soldier count, and removing many of your improvements would improve your bills.

There is no point in selling your land -- as it does not have any upkeep.

And no, I don't think that Admin would remove the penalty, there is a good reason why it exists.

Edited by Sakura

• 1 month later...

Arrogant aren't we? ye really think that just because ye decided not to pay your bills, ye shouldn't have to pay the penalty for it? That follows the same mentality of a murderer who doesn't think he should have to go to prison. Quite rediculous if ye ask me.