An Apology Of The Highest Order From The Leader Of POT

bluebirdmatt

[center][img]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/74/originalpotflag.png[/img][/center]

Those of you that know me will of course no doubt have noticed how I have been inactive over the past month or so and as such pot has fallen from grace. I am not going to dance around the subject and avoided it like others would. I have neglected POT. I have failed in my duties of leading an alliance. I was 99% sure I was going to quit. Real life has been a horrible to me this year. The leadership of POT was forced upon me. Those who backed me who asked me too take the position left within a week and joined the man that they themselves Coup'd.
This got me thinking. This game shows no loyalty why bother? However those other 25 members in pot. Those 25 great people I sold them a dream. I sold them a dream that POT will be great, if not one of the greatest alliances ever.
I do not break my promises.
I came on IRC today not sure if it would be goodbye or not. I felt like it was not worth it any more. To have people who you once called friends stab you in the back and genuinely try and upset my own mood and that of POT's channel.
However I would like to name a few friends who have helped me greatly come to a decision( all though they are unaware of there help)
I would like to thank Ford1972. We joined the game together we joined VE together founded POT together. He has always been there and is a great friend. I love you man you remind me of why we started this.
I would like to thank Lost(Aguacenta) of Symphony he has always been a voice of reason and a great friend in VE and out of VE. He gave me the confidence to go far in this game.
Pollard of tetris. What to say about Pollard eh? Well hes English(pfft) but he is always come up to me on msn and said "Hey BBM we miss you" whose always been there to listen always offered to help in anyway he could. He is also a great guy just to have fun with.
Char of wf and Kooliad ken of gga who has always been there on his own accord just to say you can do it BBM. I know you can.

There are countless more people I could mention.
However to all of those who care. I am sorry. Keep an eye out for POT in the future because we shall be going places.
IRC: #pot
Forums: http://forums.orderoftruth.net

Signed Bluebirdmatt
President of POT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vX4ETlCr4A
[i]Music from my homeland[/i]

Edited by bluebirdmatt

Matt, I know the feeling of things getting tough sometimes. You just gotta take a breath and know that those that really care will stay loyal, and if not, then at least remember that you still care. Even if it's just you against the world sometimes.

I know you can and will make POT succeed. I believe in you, Matt.

[quote]The leadership of POT was forced upon me. Those who backed me who asked me too take the position left within a week and joined the man that they themselves Coup'd.[/quote]
Revisionist history much BBM? Thrust upon you? You were a willing participant and wanted to be the leader of POT, so don't act like people made you take it, take some responsibility for your actions man, and stop trying to pass the buck, you say you're not one to 'dance around it' but that's exactly what you did in the next sentence. Oh it's not my fault, but I'm not one to dance around it, as I said before, you sure are a fan of revisionist history, and obviously still hurt that people thought you a horrible leader and would have rather went with the former proper leader of POT.
[quote]This got me thinking. This game shows no loyalty why bother? However those other 25 members in pot. Those 25 great people I sold them a dream. I sold them a dream that POT will be great, if not one of the greatest alliances ever.[/quote]
You mean the 25 members who have never been on the forums other than to sign up for the alliance, sorry probably more like 20, as I'm sure you have at least 5 active forum members.

[quote]I came on IRC today not sure if it would be goodbye or not. I felt like it was not worth it any more. To have people who you once called friends stab you in the back and genuinely try and upset my own mood and that of POT's channel.[/quote]
Wow, you're really looking for a pity party aren't you, hear that BBM, can you hear it, tis the world's smallest violin playing a sad song especially for you, would you possibly like some cheese with this whine?

[quote]Keep an eye out for POT in the future because we shall be going places.[/quote]
It's going places alright, down the crapper like it has been since you took over.

Edited by Che Lenin

[quote name='bluebirdmatt' date='10 July 2010 - 11:53 AM' timestamp='1278788017' post='2366025']
[center][img]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/74/originalpotflag.png[/img][/center]

Those of you that know me will of course no doubt have noticed how I have been inactive over the past month or so and as such pot has fallen from grace. I am not going to dance around the subject and avoided it like others would. I have neglected POT. I have failed in my duties of leading an alliance. I was 99% sure I was going to quit. Real life has been a horrible to me this year. The leadership of POT was forced upon me. Those who backed me who asked me too take the position left within a week and joined the man that they themselves Coup'd.
This got me thinking. This game shows no loyalty why bother? However those other 25 members in pot. Those 25 great people I sold them a dream. I sold them a dream that POT will be great, if not one of the greatest alliances ever.
I do not break my promises.
I came on IRC today not sure if it would be goodbye or not. I felt like it was not worth it any more. To have people who you once called friends stab you in the back and genuinely try and upset my own mood and that of POT's channel.
However I would like to name a few friends who have helped me greatly come to a decision( all though they are unaware of there help)[/quote]

Hey BBM, long time no see. Maybe you're forgetting a few things, no?
We ousted KOwens because we thought he wasn't the right leader for us, and we all agreed on a plan to establish a provisional government with you as president with a temporary constitution due to expire in thirty days (at the time, expire at 17 April 2010).

I had to leave the game for long periods of time following a surgery my father had to remove lymphnodes because of cancerous cells. Throughout April and May, we struggled with his recovery and the last few years he'd probably have. He went back into the hospital in June where he was told that the cancer (penile) had become systemic, and therefore, terminal. I'm posting now because he died a few days ago and have only recently found the time to dedicate to keep myself focused on something that I'd like to do.

Not only do I think you have your history spun to make you look like the victim, but I'm offended that you're giving credit to the wrong people. Do you recall McFortin? Indecline? Me? We all helped you with something that in the beginning you had kind of wanted to do. I've already apologized to KO for what has happened, we were on the wrong side of history in that matter, but really BBM - you can't be the victim where there isn't one.