Nation Building Guide

Kingdom of Royalty

Just as a note to users of MFO's Infra Purchase and Infra Jump stuff, in the past the functions didn't accomodate nations over 5000 infra. In case anyone missed our update, it does indeed function up to 14999.99 infra, as it should. Output values should be within ten cents or so. A reminder when looking at infra jumps, you'll have to remember to take into account labor swapping, it's affect on happiness and on bills.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you want, buy banks, sit on them, then scrap em for the clinic clinic hospital. And yes, I had 8 million dollars sitting from aid.

That would be why, If you have aid your sitting on you dont need banks, but if you are self dependent then you need stadiums/banks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks a lot, this is great. However, I wonder if it would be possible to make a graph showing the total cost of all infra without modifiers, vs the amount of infra people have. For example, the x-axis would have levels from 1-5k infra, and the y-axis would be the total cost of all that infrastructure, without modifiers. I am sure it would be possible using the formulas for someone who has taken math more recently than I have, and it would be very useful to try to calculate start-off jumps for those who do them, as well as giving a general idea of how much it costs to get to each level.. If not, this is still an awesome guide, I just thought it might be worthwhile.

c. My Government Positions

Options in "My Government Position" change your population income and happiness. The recommended government positions are, starting from top to bottom, B,A,B,B,B,A,B,A without uranium, and B,B,B,B,B,A,B,A with the uranium resource, there is no point choosing you support nuclear weaponry until you are in the top 5% or have the wonder to do so. Thanks to William Bonney for this!!

I've seen this a lot, but is there somewhere where I can find a listing of the effects of each of the options upon your nation?

edited for beautification.

Edited by Silvio Arjunza

• 1 month later...

I've arrived at 15K, I've done some calcs, and I'm happy to share my data:

Upkeep jump is pretty small: it goes to 0.1755 X Infra Level + 20

(notice the factor goes up from .175 to .1755)

Purchase price goes to 80 X Infra Level + 500

(up from 70)

If anybody else could confirm that would be nice, although I'm pretty sure of my numbers.

Some of you may not have heard of this wonderful little strategy, when your infra bills reach roughly $500,000, you can replace 5 improvements with 5 Labor Camps, they will decrease your infra bills by about 45%, make sure that you have enough money for 5 days of bills and enough money to re-buy 5 of the improvements you destroyed

I have a question about this quote. Well, specifically I have a question about the 45% the quote says that 5 Labor Camps will save on infra upkeep. If like improvements stack, as I think that they do, then shouldn't the infra redux be 50%?

I am asking because a respected member of my alliance is using the above quote to say that they do not stack. I made a thread in this forum about it, but I did not want you to have incorrect info on the guide, if it is indeed incorrect. The responses to my thread seem to indicate that it is indeed wrong, however.

I got to ask, what is the best trade that i can get with marble and fur... which i can get low infra cost and upkeep and also more citizen pop.

You should be able to get Fine Jewelery, Affulent Population, and Construction.

I have a question about this quote. Well, specifically I have a question about the 45% the quote says that 5 Labor Camps will save on infra upkeep. If like improvements stack, as I think that they do, then shouldn't the infra redux be 50%?

I am asking because a respected member of my alliance is using the above quote to say that they do not stack. I made a thread in this forum about it, but I did not want you to have incorrect info on the guide, if it is indeed incorrect. The responses to my thread seem to indicate that it is indeed wrong, however.

It is 50%, they do stack. Or why would there be a possibility to buy 5?

Unless your citizens desire Revolutionary or Capitalist, your government should be Monarchy. Don't choose the rest.

Since the update, Monarchy doesn't get an environment bonus anymore. I believe the best gov't choices are Democracy while collecting money and Capitalist while buying infra as environment will improve happiness and population count.

• 1 month later...

"Bonus Resources:

Affluent Population - Can be advantagous to go for it to get increased population to get extra improvements. Consider temporalily getting this resource and buying extra improvements.

Asphalt - It’s good, but not all nations will find it useful, only worth it if you have Steel as well.

Automobiles - Gets you a nice happiness boost, but some of the resources you need to get it are not worth it.

Beer - Great, it requires good resources anyways, so it’s win/win.

Construction - Best bonus resource, but it’s not like Fish or Wheat, you are not forced to have it.

Fast Food - Not too shabby, you should consider if you have any of the required resources.

Fine Jewelry - Quite a useful bonus resource, but if you have two of the needed resources, you might as well get it.

Microchips - Good for tech dealers, not very good besides that, Lead is the problem.

Radiation Cleanup - No nation should aim for it, don’t bother.

Scholars - Might as well get it if you have Lead.

Steel - Good, nothing special, can be quite useful if you are purchasing a lot of Navy. Coal and Iron are decent resources (which you need to get Steel)."

The part I have bolded, is wrong. Radiation Cleanup crew reduces radiation by 50%, and now it is important due to the 5 (capped) radiation level. Plus, it boosts the environment, which boost population numbers and happiness.