Report Forum Issues Here

admin

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1305812867' post='2714908']
When trying to post over the last couple of months, keep having a reoccurring error as I select the post button.

"[#20310] Your secure key, used to verify you are posting the topic, did not match the one submitted. Please go back, reload the form, and try again."
[/quote]

It's a problem that's been reported a few times and from what the mods have said doesn't look like something that will be able to be fixed any time soon.

There are a couple of good posts [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100599&st=0&p=2687851&#entry2687851]here[/url] and [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101071&view=findpost&p=2693889]here[/url] with ideas on how to avoid it.

Edited by Vladisvok Destino

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1300841449' post='2673439']
It's a bug in the main skin. CleanCut works fine though.
[/quote]

We fixed this bug, too. It was an issue with the first draft of the 3.0 skin.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1305232951' post='2710827']
I'm having a strange profile-based issue...it's been going on for a couple of weeks. I'm no longer notified when someone quotes one of my posts (I realize it doesn't notify you when they don't use the 'quote' button, but I've been quoted enough that this can't be the reason why), and when I post a reply in someone's blog, their blog has a 'new post' notification after I return to the main forum. The notification goes away upon revisiting the blog despite being the last comment.
[/quote]

Add quotes to your Notification Preferences.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1305849842' post='2715199']
This is annoying to say the least.

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4237780/bug/Skermskoot.png[/img]
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4237780/bug/Skermskoot-1.png[/img]
[/quote]

You can turn this off in the Notification Preferences part of your profile.

My Settings > Notification Preferences.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1305959066' post='2715988']
I, too, have been having this issue. It seems to happen most when being linked from somewhere offsite such as IRC or alliance forums, and is exceedingly annoying as copying what I wrote, going back, and refreshing, doesn't seem to work.
[/quote]

It appears to be an artifact that happens sometimes when you come to the boards from somewhere else or take too long to post. All you can really do is go back, refresh, and try again.

SMF has a similar feature where your session times out and you need to log in again if you take too long to post.

[quote name='Harry Dresden' timestamp='1306284873' post='2717819']
You can turn this off in the Notification Preferences part of your profile.

My Settings > Notification Preferences.
[/quote]
I think he means that he's deleted most of his notifications, but they still show up in his drop-down. That said, I don't think it's a bug so much as a problem with how the feature was designed and would need to be taken up with the authors of IPB rather than here.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1306290111' post='2717849']
I think he means that he's deleted most of his notifications, but they still show up in his drop-down. That said, I don't think it's a bug so much as a problem with how the feature was designed and would need to be taken up with the authors of IPB rather than here.
[/quote]

This fix is easy.

My Settings > Your Notifications. You should get a list with check boxes. You can check the ones you want to delete and then click "Delete Selected."

[quote name='Harry Dresden' timestamp='1306292095' post='2717863']
This fix is easy.

My Settings > Your Notifications. You should get a list with check boxes. You can check the ones you want to delete and then click "Delete Selected."
[/quote]
He already did that, it's shown in the second screenshot. It's a view of the Your Notifications screen with all but one notification deleted, yet it still shows all up to the limit in the drop-down.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='RulerOfTheEast' timestamp='1310176065' post='2753008']
Hi! I recently decomissioned my harbor and when I tried to rebuy it, it wasn't on the list of improvements. Can you help please?
[/quote]
This is not a forum issue, please go to the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=16"]proper forum[/url] and make a thread so someone can help you.

• 3 weeks later...

"Trading harbor" has inconsistent capitalization. It should be "Trading Harbor".

I personally would be more amused if you fix it through the opposite approach and bork all the capitalization on the other forums, though.

Edited by Instr

My avatar doesn't seem to want to change for some reason. I've tried changing it several times and though it says 'settings saved' and it shows the updated avatar in the avatar change panel, the avatar remains the same in posts :v

EDIT: Works now, I guess.

Edited by dotCom

• 4 weeks later...

That's a browser cache problem. I run into it most frequently on FireFox when I change mine. If the change goes through on the form and isn't rejected for being too big or being the wrong kind of image, it's most likely up. You may have to refresh your browser a couple times and or wait a couple minutes before it shows on your screen.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1315777148' post='2798842']
That's a browser cache problem. I run into it most frequently on FireFox when I change mine. If the change goes through on the form and isn't rejected for being too big or being the wrong kind of image, it's most likely up. You may have to refresh your browser a couple times and or wait a couple minutes before it shows on your screen.
[/quote]
I'm on chrome myself. I thought it was this, and I have done many refreshes and forced cache resets.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1315778659' post='2798856']
Is your profile picture the same as your avatar? If so, it went through and it's probably just your cache.
[/quote]
Originally, yes. A few weeks ago I changed it to the same picture as my avatar. But now I'm trying to upload a completely different picture for my profile. I've tried "Remove My Photo" but it is not working, so its not an upload problem not showing up.

[quote name='JerreyRough' timestamp='1315781331' post='2798873']
I'm on chrome myself. I thought it was this, and I have done many refreshes and forced cache resets.

Originally, yes. A few weeks ago I changed it to the same picture as my avatar. But now I'm trying to upload a completely different picture for my profile. I've tried "Remove My Photo" but it is not working, so its not an upload problem not showing up.
[/quote]
Alright, then it could be a couple other things. I think the forums keep their own cache of some sort, because I know I've run into times when pictures uploaded don't show up until some time later regardless of the state of my cache. It could also be a faulty path or permissions setting where the file is supposed to reside. This one could be checked and fixed by admin, though unless he's made some sort of recent change to the boards it shouldn't happen, these things don't usually break themselves. So if he hasn't been making changes then it's probably not this.

Something else: so my avatar suddenly switched to my small profile picture earlier today for some reason, so I re-uploaded my larger version of the picture. Then I decided to test something and attempting to delete my profile picture like the other day. Nothing happened to my avatar until a few hours later, which (as you can see) is now my small avatar picture again.

Very strange. I haven't been active until recently, so this bug could of happened a few weeks back and I never noticed.

[quote name='JerreyRough' timestamp='1315790197' post='2798965']
Something else: so my avatar suddenly switched to my small profile picture earlier today for some reason, so I re-uploaded my larger version of the picture. Then I decided to test something and attempting to delete my profile picture like the other day. Nothing happened to my avatar until a few hours later, which (as you can see) is now my small avatar picture again.

Very strange. I haven't been active until recently, so this bug could of happened a few weeks back and I never noticed.
[/quote]

Are you sure that you didn't accidentally put your profile picture in for your avatar? I can't think of any mechanism that would result in one image being swapped for another other than a person accidentally doing it. You may have saved over your avatar with your profile picture.

Also, the limit on avatar size is 150x150 and 50 KB. If you try to upload something larger, it doesn't go through. You could have accidentally uploaded the profile picture for the avatar several weeks ago, tried to upload an avatar that was too large last week, and just realized everything before you posted in this thread.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1315783736' post='2798898']
Alright, then it could be a couple other things. I think the forums keep their own cache of some sort, because I know I've run into times when pictures uploaded don't show up until some time later regardless of the state of my cache. It could also be a faulty path or permissions setting where the file is supposed to reside. This one could be checked and fixed by admin, though unless he's made some sort of recent change to the boards it shouldn't happen, these things don't usually break themselves. So if he hasn't been making changes then it's probably not this.
[/quote]

And it does look like there is a [url="http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/345058-avatar-oddity/page__hl__avatar+cache__fromsearch__1"]known bug[/url] in how IPB handles uploaded avatars and user photos that can result in it taking up to 24 hours for new uploads to clear.

[quote name='Harry Dresden' timestamp='1316002915' post='2800321']
Are you sure that you didn't accidentally put your profile picture in for your avatar? I can't think of any mechanism that would result in one image being swapped for another other than a person accidentally doing it. You may have saved over your avatar with your profile picture.

Also, the limit on avatar size is 150x150 and 50 KB. If you try to upload something larger, it doesn't go through. You could have accidentally uploaded the profile picture for the avatar several weeks ago, tried to upload an avatar that was too large last week, and just realized everything before you posted in this thread.

And it does look like there is a [url="http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/345058-avatar-oddity/page__hl__avatar+cache__fromsearch__1"]known bug[/url] in how IPB handles uploaded avatars and user photos that can result in it taking up to 24 hours for new uploads to clear.
[/quote]
Actually, I found this issue a couple weeks before but didn't think about saying anything till now. I've uploaded a 150x147 avatar multiple times yet it still changes to a small 48x48 picture. I've just uploaded a completely different picture for my avatar and see if the issue still exists.

Though the real issue that I'm talking about is my profile photo. I have tried uploading appropriately sized pictures for my profile yet none of them go through, and I cannot even remove my current profile picture. This isn't an issue with my browser though; I'm now on a completely different computer, browser, and OS than my home one and still have the same issues. I'm testing it with a 126x126 29.3 KB PNG file.

EDIT: I know it shouldn't be, but I'm testing to see if the remove profile picture button is actually related. Attempted to remove my profile picture again, got the 48x48 avatar picture again several hours later. I'll changed my avatar to my other PNG file again and see if it magically changes; if the "Remove Profile Picture" button isn't related to my strange avatar-changing issue, then logically my avatar should change to a 48x48 version of my profile picture.

Also, when I go to change my avatar, it tells me that the file is the 126x126 file.

EDIT 2: It seems that my avatar has again turned into my profile picture.

Edited by JerreyRough

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...