Under-Rated Alliance Leaders

WalkerNinja

The Fantasy CN Draft (and it's predecessor last year) have shown that there is reasonably clear consensus about who the best Alliance Leaders are. Most line-ups will carry a Liquid Mercury, a Moldavi, a Dilber, etc...

But that's not really a draft. There's no scarcity. Chances are that you don't have those people in your alliance, and you won't be able to get them. You've got to have a back-up plan. What I think would be more interesting is to generate a list of the B-teamers, the support staff, the challengers.

I'm sorting mine by Milcom, IA, FA, and Executive (Triumvir, Emperor, Grandmaster, SecGen, what have you)

Off of the top of my head:

Quercus- IA/Milcom

TeamDiscoveryChannel- IA

EvilGM- IA

MyWorld- FA

Coursca- FA

NewReverie- Milcom

Arsenal- executive

Templar- executive

Mpol777- executive

Golan1st- IA

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay first, I realise this is an OOC forum and I'll say I have nothing against MyWorld (in fact I rather like him on this level) but WHAT???

I'm just absolutely baffled that ... you. You, with that tag, of all people, insinuating that MyWorld is a leadership asset to any alliance without a suicide wish is just. Well, it's... beyond adjectives! Gah.

edit: wording. still sucks but meh.

Edited by Elyat

A lot of the alliance leadership positions really shouldn't need to be "big name" people. If you're in charge of any variety of internal processes it really doesn't matter how popular or famous you are outside of your alliance. Most of our best organizers, financiers, generals and other positions that deal with internal affairs never achieve recognition outside of our boards because they are too busy working hard to socialize with the rest of you. When I see a list filled to the brim with famous people and type A personalities that the starstruck suggester probably has never interacted with on any level to make a fair judgment, I chuckle to myself at how much of a disaster that alliance would be. Not only would most of those leaders be unable to tolerate the others for more than a few days, but they'd be such a mixed bag of political preferences, contacts, loyalties and approaches to foreign policy that the alliance would collapse in on itself internally even as the rest of the world fell madly in love with them.

Edited by Penguin

I'd say both banned member (I think she's filtered – long time GOON Black Senator) and Furseiseki are underrated because of the way their alliances went down. Both were good at balancing their alliances' innate lulz in IA and the need for 'standard CN' diplomacy in FA, rather like Archon although in the end less successful.

Doc Taco also deserves a mention; he went about the business of running MHA without ever making a name for himself, but he was very effective.

Okay first, I realise this is an OOC forum and I'll say I have nothing against MyWorld (in fact I rather like him on this level) but WHAT???

I'm just absolutely baffled that ... you. You, with that tag, of all people, insinuating that MyWorld is a leadership asset to any alliance without a suicide wish is just. Well, it's... beyond adjectives! Gah.

Yah, MyWorld is such a terrible influence on an alliance. He's only revolutionized trading on black and has been integral part of NOIR. Oh yeah, under his leadership, DT is one of the top small-alliances on black.

The Fantasy CN Draft (and it's predecessor last year) have shown that there is reasonably clear consensus about who the best Alliance Leaders are. Most line-ups will carry a Liquid Mercury, a Moldavi, a Dilber, etc...

But that's not really a draft. There's no scarcity. Chances are that you don't have those people in your alliance, and you won't be able to get them. You've got to have a back-up plan. What I think would be more interesting is to generate a list of the B-teamers, the support staff, the challengers.

I'm sorting mine by Milcom, IA, FA, and Executive (Triumvir, Emperor, Grandmaster, SecGen, what have you)

Off of the top of my head:

Quercus- IA/Milcom

TeamDiscoveryChannel- IA

EvilGM- IA

MyWorld- FA

Coursca- FA

NewReverie- Milcom

Arsenal- executive

Templar- executive

Mpol777- executive

Golan1st- IA

Umm....all but 1 of the people on your list is far from underrated and left their mark on the game somehow....I don't know who TeamDiscoveryChannel is. But the rest....yeah.....not really underrated at all.

I believe that genghis khan is rather underrated.

Vouched. I'd have him as my foreign affairs guy anyday.

Actually, on second thought, i'd just resign and let him lead the entire thing.

Edited by Gauner

AFAIK, the guy made a colossal screw up that will relegate him permanently to the B list. But his big major screw up doesn't negate his organizational skills, his ability to manage personnel, or his ability to manipulate other alliances.

@AirMe

If these guys were appropriately valued for the work that they've done in their respective alliances, they'd be showing up in the other thread. Most of these (exception: Mpol) haven't.

@SG

I try not to polish the balls of my alliance-mates in so public a fashion. I'll be by this evening once I'm done over a Dan's. flirt.gif

AFAIK, the guy made a colossal screw up that will relegate him permanently to the B list. But his big major screw up doesn't negate his organizational skills, his ability to manage personnel, or his ability to manipulate other alliances.

Doitzel said what I wanted.  It was kind of funny having you mention him.  I laughed, but then again, you weren't a member of the alliance at the time.  :D

@AirMe

If these guys were appropriately valued for the work that they've done in their respective alliances, they'd be showing up in the other thread. Most of these (exception: Mpol) haven't.

I disagree with that premise.  Everyone values things differently.  On top of that, by your admission, these are all "B"-line value people.  Why, when there is a list of "A" people would you choose a "B" person?  They apparently have less intrinsic value.

Edit: Well, you answered it in your OP. There is no scarcity. So, I disagree with this comment, but agree with the OP.

@SG

I try not to polish the balls of my alliance-mates in so public a fashion. I'll be by this evening once I'm done over a Dan's. flirt.gif

Also, @ SG, he said under-rated, not over-rated.  Oh snap.

P.S. - Walker, wear a tighter dress this time.

Edited by Dr. Dan

I disagree with that premise.  Everyone values things differently.  On top of that, by your admission, these are all "B"-line value people.  Why, when there is a list of "A" people would you choose a "B" person?  They apparently have less intrinsic value.

Certainly not by my own admission. I am merely drawing upon the data available (the other thread), making an assumption that the OWF crowd is correct (which, let's face it, they're not, but I'd like to run with it for the sake of idle speculation), and drawing the necessary inference from the other thread. After having discovered the necessary inference (that the people discussed extensively in the other thread are the best that the Cyberverse has to offer) I open a new vector of discussion (if you couldn't have your first pick, who would you pick next).

So, no, I'm not making a statement of values in this thread.

P.S. - Walker, wear a tighter dress this time.

You're such a freaky little dude. Alright, Oedipus. One last time.