News from The Nation of Selenarctos

iKrolm

[b]Public Broadcast:[/b]

The Selenarctos Space program is proud to announce that tomorrow the first components of the Kaptan-class Orbital Relay Vessels will launch from the Templo Island Launch Facility. Named after the ancient Philippine god of the sky, the Kaptan-class vessels use Mars Rocket design modified to operate between LEO and Lunar orbit, and will serve as as a transfer vessel carrying materials and colonists to the Selenarctos I3 habitat. Secretary of the Economy Dallas Valdés confirmed that funds have been allocated for a total of eight Kaptan-class ORVs, three for Phase 1 colonization and five more to be ready in time for Phase 3. Mr. Valdés also stated that launch tests were proceeding on schedule through the Federation/Horde loop, but declined to provide a detailed timeline.

[img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/01-MarsOrbit_3.jpg[/img]Mars Rocket I reference design, without optimizations.

Edited by iKrolm

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]Public Announcement:[/b]

The Selenarctos Space Program released video today of the first complete Kaptan-class vessel, dubbed the 'SS Philippines'. Currently in residing LEO, Space Program officials said that the SS Philippines successfully passed all of the stationary tests and is ready to brake orbit for the Selenarctos I3 habitat tomorrow 0300 Manila time. A full crew complement is already on board, but the vessel will be otherwise empty of passengers and cargo during testing. Following this announcement, newly-appointed I3 habitat Colonization Director Miles Carrera announced that Phase 1 colonization would commence as soon as flight tests on the SS Philippines were complete, perhaps as soon as the next two weeks.

Edited by iKrolm

• 2 weeks later...

In a rare public appearance today, President Melchoro Diokno attended the Selenarctos I3 habitat naming ceremony in Manila where the growing city and habitat were named [b]Freeside[/b]. "Just as man once left behind his cave, Freeside and her sister habitats; the lunar cities, our own en devours on Mars and ventures to even further destinations are the path we too follow as we free ourselves from Earth and advance ever further into the universe."

Following the ceremony, on board Freeside Ferderand Cabrerawas named mayor of Freeside. Mayor Ferderand Cabrera ended today's events by outlining his plan for the creation of health care, police, and education systems within Freeside in preparation for phase 2 colonization.

Edit: Repeated word is repetitive.

Edited by iKrolm

• 3 weeks later...

[b]Classified:[/b]

[quote]
To: Selenarctos Army Office of Requisition
At the request of the President and the Secretary of Security, Precision Tactical would like to introduce the new Standard Combat Uniform (SCU). The Standard Combat Uniform is set to become the Army's new uniform, shown below in the short-sleeved Combat Armored variant with a full face gas mask. Primary chest, back, and shoulder plates (visible) plus additional protective measures are present throughout the uniform. Through the use of advanced polymers, the SCU incorporates solid protection against small arms while maintaining flexibility and minimal range of motion loss to the wearer. Even fully loaded with gear, the Standard Combat Uniform is designed to evenly distribute weight and provide minimal interference with a soldier's movement. The armor and uniform are both light weight synthetic products fabricated at home in Selenarctos.

The short-sleeved variant without armor is designed for everyday wear. The long-sleeved variant with one of several armor setups is designed for extended use in combat. The uniform is extremely durable, both tear and fade-resistant, and incorporates our latest work to reduce and mask the wearer's infrared signature. Both variants provides protection against burns, and the long-sleeved variant incorporates a rapid-sealant system, providing full NCB to a wearer with minimal training in under thirty seconds.

Precision Tactical has completed four patterns for the Standard Combat Uniform, pictured below. The standard-issue Jungle Pattern (green) is designed for use in the philippine, Indonesian, and South East Asian jungles but will serve adequately in any area with vegetation. The Urban Pattern (dark grey) is suited for use in urban environments, and can also be used for night or low-light missions. Both of the aforementioned patterns are chemically treated to repel insects. The Desert Pattern (tan) is ideal for arid environments, including the Australian desert, the middle east, and portions of Africa where our soldiers have seen deployment in the past. Finally, the Arctic Pattern (white) is designed for cold weather and snow. The long-sleeved Arctic Pattern variant comes with the option for chemical or electric heating modules for operations in even the most extreme cold. It is our intention to produce the Jungle and Urban Patterns as to replace existing uniforms, and to produce only limited quantities of the Desert and Arctic Patterns so they are available when required.

Sincerely,
[i]Marketing Department[/i]
Precision Tactical

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/BrasherJungleArmor.png[/IMG]

[url="http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/BrasherUrbanArmor.png"][IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/BrasherUrbanArmor-1.png[/IMG][/url][url="http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/BrasherDesertArmor.png"][IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/BrasherDesertArmor-1.png[/IMG][/url][url="http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/BrasherArcticArmor.png"][IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/BrasherArcticArmor-1.png[/IMG][/url]

[/quote]

Edited by iKrolm

• 2 weeks later...

[b]Press Release[/b]

[img]http://forum.pal-islam.com/imgcache/2/5685pal-islam.jpg[/img]

Hernandez-Segura Systems provided the first public demonstration of the proposed Block B upgrade to the Goalkeeper CIWS system used by the Navy. While improved stealth detection, target prioritization and tracking are among the upgrades, the most surprising change was the unveiling of new ammunition. The Goalkeeper Block B fires miniature 30mm airburst grenades, modeled after those fired by the XM25. The new rounds are the same size and shape as a conventional 30mm shell, with the roughly the same range as well. As each shell is loaded into the gun however, the Goalkeeper's radar and targeting computer load a detonation distance onto a chip inside of projectile. Once fired, the chip counts rotations to measure how far the round has traveled and detonates when it reaches its target, scattering sub projectiles into the path of an oncoming missile. A Navy representative on sight for the demonstration said with fewer bullets able to cover a larger area, the Block B upgrade could decrease Goalkeeper's engagement-to-kill time by as much as 50%.

Hernandez-Segura said that trials on the Block B system will continue for at least four more months, at which point the Navy is expected to announce a decision to proceed forward with the Block B or keep the current system. If the Navy responded affirmatively, Hernandez-Segura told investors to keep an eye out for land and TEL-mounted Goalkeeper Block B variants in the future.

[b]In Private:[/b]

President Melchoro Diokno rose from his seat at the head of the conference table as the last of his guests arrived. With a wave of his hands the outer lights dimmed ever so slightly, refocusing the room's light on him. He spoke without a powerpoint of slides because he was the President and the President did not visuals to reinforce his message.

"Good afternoon and thank you for coming. I believe you already know each other, vut for formality's sake," Melchoro gestured around the table as he spoke, "Secretary of Security Ireneo Juárez, Commander of the Air Force Gary Reynoso, Secretary of Justice Martino Negrete, Secretary of Humanities Ms. Sora Armijo, Secretary of the Economy Dallas Valdés, Drs. Gustav Alonso and Kaukel Mireles from the University of Manila, and Mayor Ferderand Cabrerawas of Freeside." Melchoro ended with the grainy projection at the opposite end of the table. The hologram had been treated with much curiosity as the esteemed visitors had filed into the room. Holograms were not unique, but the piece Melchoro had obtained for meeting--crude though it may be--was one of the first to be produced by a new start-up in Manila and rendered a passable likeness of Ferderand Cabrerawas, currently some four hundred thousand kilometers away.

"I apologize if this meeting has interrupted your schedule, but today I wish to discuss the future of Freeside. As you may know, the population of Freeside recently passed the the two-thousand mark and continues to grow." Those present at the table answered with light applause and three seconds later Ferderand's hologram nodded in acknowledgement. "Most of those are administrative staff and workers at the current time, but Mr. Cabrerawas has informed me that interior construction is proceeding well and we should soon be able to open up phase 3 colonization. I would like to open up the habitat for international tourism in the future as well, as soon as Freeside has space to accommodate guests, but that is a small goal."

"More pressing is that we secure our ability to move people and goods between Freeside and Manila. Currently, 95% of material and people bound for Freeside is lifted into orbit through the Tianxian launch loop, of which we own a 30% stake. I would like us to expand our options, however. The Lunar Republic recently shut down its Verne gun and two of their launch loops; no doubt the third loop will cease operation in the near future as well. The Indian launch loop has not launched a payload in an even longer time and in all likelihood is permanently out of operation."

"I believe it is time for us to construct our own launch loop. It is within our technically ability to do: Selenarctos engineers are among the top in the world, we know how to build advanced light weight alloys, we know how use fusion power, we know to build a launch loop so it becomes simply a matter of cost."

"Do not misunderstand me, it will be expensive. Although we know how to do all of these things, the industries to produce the materials do not yet exist in Selenarctos because they have not been needed. We have one fusion power plant, built in collaboration with Sri Lanka but we have only one and little industry to build another because the power utilities could not afford more than one. It is here that the greatest expenses will come for we must redevelop the Selenarctos economy to produce in bulk the goods for a launch loop. What may have been cutting edge a decade ago, when Selenarctos was at the forefront of technology is no longer good enough. You may notice there are no industry leaders here despite this talk of industry? That is because I do not want them here. I do not want industry to make our decisions based on profit-to-earnings rations. Today, we have the core of the government and academia. I've had my staff begin preliminary estimates and they have delegated areas for each of your own staffs. We will set the standard that we expect industry to reach, we will provide assistance and incentives to see that they reach it, consequences as well if they do not. Afterwards, once the launch loop's technologies have matured and industries have been developed, I foresee a dramatic shift in our consumer markets. Today you buy one of the few cars manufactured in Selenarctos and it is heavy and slow. Buy a car made from the same materials as a launch loop and it will weigh half as much but provide twice the protection, and the same goes for all of our goods. We can afford to build a launch loop so today we build a launch loop. Tomorrow, we see where it takes us."

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1332792838' post='2943415']
[b]Press Release[/b]

[img]http://forum.pal-islam.com/imgcache/2/5685pal-islam.jpg[/img]

Hernandez-Segura Systems provided the first public demonstration of the proposed Block B upgrade to the Goalkeeper CIWS system used by the Navy. While improved stealth detection, target prioritization and tracking are among the upgrades, the most surprising change was the unveiling of new ammunition. The Goalkeeper Block B fires miniature 30mm airburst grenades, modeled after those fired by the XM25. The new rounds are the same size and shape as a conventional 30mm shell, with the roughly the same range as well. As each shell is loaded into the gun however, the Goalkeeper's radar and targeting computer load a detonation distance onto a chip inside of projectile. Once fired, the chip counts rotations to measure how far the round has traveled and detonates when it reaches its target, scattering sub projectiles into the path of an oncoming missile. A Navy representative on sight for the demonstration said with fewer bullets able to cover a larger area, the Block B upgrade could decrease Goalkeeper's engagement-to-kill time by as much as 50%.

Hernandez-Segura said that trials on the Block B system will continue for at least four more months, at which point the Navy is expected to announce a decision to proceed forward with the Block B or keep the current system. If the Navy responded affirmatively, Hernandez-Segura told investors to keep an eye out for land and TEL-mounted Goalkeeper Block B variants in the future.
[/quote]

[b]
Private Message to Hernandez-Segura Systems[/b]
TO: Hernandez-Segura Systems
Subject: Goalkeeper Block B

The Umbrella Corporation is willing to fund this project fully through the next four months and beyond should the system prove reliable. The Corporate Navy is presently looking for a close in weapons system to compliment existing missile defence systems aboard our warships. In exchange for our funding, we are willing to enter an exlcusive contract between Hernandez-Segura Systems and the Umbrella Corporation, exceptions being obviously to the Selenarctan Navy who would naturally be the first bidders for such a formiddable system.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1333054777' post='2945166']
[b]
Private Message to Hernandez-Segura Systems[/b]
TO: Hernandez-Segura Systems
Subject: Goalkeeper Block B

The Umbrella Corporation is willing to fund this project fully through the next four months and beyond should the system prove reliable. The Corporate Navy is presently looking for a close in weapons system to compliment existing missile defence systems aboard our warships. In exchange for our funding, we are willing to enter an exlcusive contract between Hernandez-Segura Systems and the Umbrella Corporation, exceptions being obviously to the Selenarctan Navy who would naturally be the first bidders for such a formiddable system.
[/quote]

[quote]
TO: Umbrella Corporation, Maritime Defense Division
Subject: RE: Goalkeeper Block B

To who it may concern,

Thank for your interest in the Goalkeeper Block B system. Hernandez-Segura is always looking for interested investors, and we would be honored to provide some of the first Block B models to the Umbrella Corporation Maritime Defense Division. We cannot however enter into an agreement to the exclusion of other potential markets. If an arrangement without this provision is still to your liking, please do let us know.

Sincerely,
Hernandez-Segura Financial Branch

[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[b]Press Release:[/b]

The Navy announced today that the Goalkeeper Block B system produced by Hernandez-Segura has successfully passed it's initial trials. Over the next week, two Block B upgrades will be installed upon the SS Manila, followed by four more in the near future to completely replace the unmodified Goalkeeper CIWS currently aboard. Hernandez Segura is also investigating installation on the Polo-class destroyers, but stated that the additional weight of the system ruled out deployment aboard smaller ships without extensive rebuilding.

The Selenarctos Army has opened a contract to supply the armed forces of Selenarctos with new combat shotgun-class weaponry. With an expected purchase volume of ten to fifteen thousand, interested contractors may submit proposals to the Army Office of Procurement.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1334287405' post='2951759']
[b]*Classified*[/b]

Are automatic shotguns allowed as a bid?
[/quote]

Yes, pump-action, semi-automatic, automatic and hybrid shotguns will all be considered.

[b]In Private:[/b]
[i]Selenarctos Capital Building[/i]

"Thank you once again for coming," President Diokno began the meeting courteously though no one in the room was under the illusion that they had a choice when the President called. "I believe Doctor Gustav Alonso and Secretary Valdés have a few updates for us, good news or so I hear." Melchoro smiled and nodded to Doctor Alonso.

Alonso rose and gave a half-bow to those present. The audience was smaller for this meeting, consisting only of Dr. Alonso, Secretaries Valdés, Juárez, Armijo, and President Diokno. "Thank you, Mr. President," Alonso began, "I bring good news indeed. My colleagues and I at the University of Manila have been very busy since the initial meeting, investigating the best location and configuration to construct a launch loop within Selenarctos. We have concluded that the Lofstrom loop used by most of the launch loops constructed in the past is best suited for our needs. To elaborate, I propose a 2,000km long, 80km high loop running launching from west to east. Payloads up to several tons in mass will be loaded on the west end and electromagnetically accelerated along the loop they are released near the east end at speeds fast enough to attain low earth orbit."

"Now as you can no doubt guess, 2000 kilometers is a long distance; Selenarctos is barely over 2000km north to south, but luckily we currently have possession of a small chain of islands perfectly suited for our needs. Yap is small archipelago in the Caroline islands, and also a Selenarctos protectorate with a small native population, a small garrison of the 1st Division and a Tianxian radar station, none of which should pose a problem to annexation or construction of the east end of the launch loop."

"The west end of the launch loop will be located in north-eastern Palawan, also not heavily populated and still suffering the last effects of the recession; no doubt the local authorities would jump at the chance for income construction will bring. Now while we have concluded that a Palawan-Yap launch loop is our best option, it is not an ideal option. Although close to the equator, Yap is still several degrees above ideal which will reduce the maximum payload. Furthermore, the launch loop will need to be strengthened against weather conditions that commonly affect Yap and in the rainy season. Members of my team are already working on the design changes however, and we should be ready to break ground in Yap and Palawan next year," Doctor Alonso finished.

Secretary of the Economy Dallas Valdés spoke next. "Thank you, Mr. President. I have discussed the construction several companies within Selenarctos, and most have been eager to become involved. The board of Ersch Electronics in particular was very keen, and several producers of chemicals and advanced polymers said they would begin investigating the feasibility of a transition to the required immediately. Others, notably General Metals, were cautiously interested but wanted promises that the money would follow words before they agree to make an investment. Yap only has a small harbor, but COISCO claims it can be expanded to accommodate the necessary material volume and they have contacted several construction firms for estimates. Overall, the prospect is highly optimistic.” Valdés ended as the President spoke.

“Besides money, what have they asked for?” Melchoro asked.

“COISCO has asked for an exclusive shipping contract,”

“Which we cannot grant them without knowing how the project develop. Assure them we will they will provide shipping for the majority of the project,” Melchoro answered, expecting such a request.

“And General Metals and one our anticipated carbon fiber suppliers have ask for a reduction in emission controls,” Valdés ended.

“Done. But Valdés: make sure we bring General Metals on board. Not just reduced pricing to us, but to everyone on the project. Without them the price of the project near doubles, but we need them and can’t do anything about the General Metals monopoly. Not at the present time, at least. Is there anything else?”

A chorus of “No’s” and “No, Mr. President” answered his question.

“Very well, thank you all for coming,” Melchoro rose and adjourned the meeting.

• 3 weeks later...

After extensive testing aboard the SS Manila, the Navy has approved the Goalkeeper Block B1 CIWS for general deployment (not to be confused with the Phalanx Block 1B model). Designed and produced by Hernandez-Segura Systems, the Block B1 offers the airburst explosive ammunition demonstrated in the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=65408&view=findpost&p=2943415"]Goalkeeper Block B[/url], with additional maneuverability to target surface targets and modified barrel that allows the Block B1 to fire higher density rounds, including depleted uranium if so desired.

The Goalkeeper Block B1 is slated to replace the Phalanx and Block A Goalkeeper systems currently in use aboard the SS Manila, Polo-class destroyer, and Duwende class Frigate. The Navy Cyclone patrol ships will continue to use the Phalanx CIWS for the time being due to space and weight restrictions.

• 2 weeks later...

[b]Public News:[/b]

As work continues on the orbital launch loop, construction crews have said that the loop should new be visible from certain points as distant as Manila in the right light. The Selenarctos Air Force has imposed a no-fly zone around both ends of the launch hoop, and has issued a warning that lethal force will be used if necessary to enforce the zone and keep the launch loop safe.

In other news, the Department of Humanities has issued an advisory against prolonged and/or excessive exposure or immursion in Laguna de Bay near Manila, citing elevated contaminant levels including mercury and other industrial waste chemicals.

Air Force operated radar stations have been installed at either end of the launch loop (Yap and Palawan) to watch for unauthorized traffic. Per usual, they are connected to the SelCom fiber network and isolated from the civilian internet. GPS jammers are also being installed to redirect GPS coordinates around the east and west stations by as much as five kilometers when activated to redirect GPS-guided attacks away from their destination.

Per the order of the Secretary of Security,
And with the Approval of the President,

The Air Force shall begin a process to relocate defensive emplacements against short and medium range missiles. After reviewing current unit locations, the Department of Security has raised the emphasis on the security of Manila. PAC missile batteries, as well as other defenses shall be removed from Mindanao, Palawan (with the exception of those covering the launch loop's western station), and southern Panay and redeployed in the area of Central Luzon to increase coverage surrounding Manila. The Department of Security has also approved deployment of PAC-3 and S-500 to Yap to cover the eastern launch loop station.

President Diokno announced today the recession that has plagued Selenarctos for the more than a decade has come to an end. Citing consistent economic growth, falling unemployment, and industrial output nearing it's highest levels ever, the Department of the Economy has determined the recession is officially, and finally, over.

In other news, colonization of Freeside, the Selenarctan Island 3 colony, continues to be slowed in phase 2 while construction of the launch loop continues. Freeside Mayor Ferderand Cabrera stated in a press release that Freeside was now 95% operational, able to support a population of several hundred thousand people.

Back at home in Manila, Department of Humanities is expected to release new guidelines for immigration to Selenarctos, including a new process to obtain citizenship. Inside sources have told the Manila Times that the new process will be simpler and faster for applicants, as well as provide immigration incentives to educated individuals, skilled workers, and those of filipino heritage seeking to return to Selenarctos.

Finally, the Department of Humanities has issued an air quality warning for northern CALABARZON, near the southern edges of greater Manila. This area has seen the largest area of growth in the recent economic activity, and is home to many of new refineries producing materials for the launch loop. Filipino Steel has not responded to our inquiries.

-The Manila Times

• 3 weeks later...

[b]Public, Not an Announcement:[/b]

The Selenarctos Peacekeeping Force (SPF), enacted by President Melchoro Diokno (link) is a peacekeeping force designed to restore order within regions that have recently descended into Anarchy, and work with the local people and authorities to maintain essential services and in time, create a new government. Towards this goal, the SPF shall work closely with the Selenarctos White Cross to ensure the rapid, uninterrupted flow of humanitarian aid to areas in need.

The SPF shall consist of ten division, split between one airborne division, five mechanized divisions, three reserve divisions, and one division specialized in hazardous environments including chemical, biological, and radiological hot zones. Training of the first recruits will begin shortly, and the SPF is expected to increase full strength of roughly 110,000 frontline personnel over the next five years.

Equipment-wise, the mechanized divisions of the SPF will run lighter than a standard Army mechanized division, with fewer artillery and tank units. Instead, additional emphasis will be placed upon the division's ability to organize the local population and help the White Cross reestablish services as quickly as possible. Aerial countermeasures will still be deployed on bases, but defense against mortar, rocket and improvised explosive attacks will be emphasized heavier than defense against ballistic missiles and stealth aircraft.

Specifically, standard procedure for divisions in potential conflict zones will include the deployment of the Hernandez-Segura TEL-variant Goalkeeper Block B1 CIWS. Infantry units will continue to use the Bionix II Armored Fighting Vehicle and the Terrex ICV, optimized for tropical environments. For the individual soldier, those within the Airborne Division and 'Toxic' Division will be equipped with the M-41A 'Pulse' Rifle and the new-model Standard Combat Unit. Mechanized and Reserve Divisions shall be equipped with the former issue SG550, as well as the old-style Selenarctos Defense Force uniforms better suitable for extended deployment and interaction with civilian populations.

Division List:

SPF 101st Airborne Division (approx. 10,000 personnel)
SPF 102nd Mechanized Division (approx. 12,000 personnel)
SPF 103rd Mechanized Division (approx. 12,000 personnel)
SPF 104th Mechanized Division (approx. 12,000 personnel)
SPF 105th Mechanized Division (approx. 12,000 personnel)
SPF 106th Mechanized Division (approx. 12,000 personnel)
SPF 107th 'Toxic' Division (approx. 10,000 personnel)
SPF 108th Reserve Division (approx. 10,000 personnel)
SPF 109th Reserve Division (approx. 10,000 personnel)
SPF 110th Reserve Division (approx. 10,000 personnel)

The Selenarctos Launch Loop is expected to begin test launches within the year, with cargo launches within the following months if all goes well. With the Launch Loop nearing completion, the defense assets protecting the Launch Loop have been awarded an increased priority. The 140th Interceptor Squadron has been reassigned to cover Yap, and the 137th and 138th Interceptor Squadrons will be rebased to Palawan. Once the 140th is deployed, the 191st Interceptor Squadron will conduct rapid interception exercises to the East Ground Station and rally with the 140th for airborne training exercises before returning to the F-1 base in the Cordillera Central.

[size="3"]Selenarctos Air Force Office of Procurement
Internal Documents, Not For Distribution[/size]

The following design proposals have been filed with the Selenarctos Air Force Office of Procurement for funding to develop and produce 6th generation aircraft for the Selenarctos Air Force.

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/7_7.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/supersonic-e-111.jpg[/IMG]

[b]X-111[/b]

The X-111 is a proposed 6th generation, long-ranged interceptor. Designed by Selenarctan Aerospace Consortium, the X-111 would feature an advanced stealth, communication, and combat systems with a top speed of Mach 2.6, altitude limit of 27,000m (90000ft) and an estimated combat radius of 1100 kilometers.

Unlike every other current fighter jet employed by navies, the X-111 would launch and land in the water. While a disadvantage for many areas, the archipelago geography of Selenarctos would greatly reduce the area requirements and expense of the full airport infrastructure. The X-111 infrastructure also removes the vulnerable of a fixed runway: the X-111's take off is only limited by weather conditions.

[img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/1_37.jpg[/img]

(Based on a more maneuverable version of the [url="https://www.arcaspace.com/en/e_111.htm"]E-111 space plane[/url] with the rocket attachment replaced by an enclosed weapons bay.)

[url="http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/1d86778e4a1b40fb8899722.jpg"][IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/1d86778e4a1b40fb8899722-1.jpg[/IMG][/url]

[b]X-6[/b]

The X-6 is another 6th generation supersonic jet proposed by the Selenarctos Aerospace Consortium. The -6 returns to conventional take-off and landing (non-VTOL), and is designed as a strike and escort fighter. Like all proposed 6th generation planes, the X-6 would be equipped with advanced radar, stealth, communication, and combat systems. The X-6 advertises an expected top speed of Mach 1.6 and the ability to carry a large complement of guided missiles.

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/getasset.gif[/IMG]

[b]SAC-19[/b]

The SAC-15 is an unsolicited, stealthy 5+ generation strike drone design by the Selenarctos Aerospace Consortium. It would be just barely subsonic with an expected top speed of Mach .95. Unlike the Predator C currently in service, the SAC-15 would sacrifice intelligence gathering capabilities in favor of stronger armaments.

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/iKrolm/BoeingnewF-X1.jpg[/IMG]

[b]F-X[/b]

The F-X is a proposed 6th generation, multi-role fighter to replace the F-35 Strike Fighter proposed by a partnership between the Artega Group and Hernandez-Segura Systems. The F-X cannot take off vertically, but would require a very short takeoff distance with the option to launch from an aircraft carrier.

As a multi-role fighter, the F-X would feature strong air-to-air and air-to-ground weaponry, as well as advanced intelligence and infiltration capabilities. The F-X proposal includes a hybrid UAV setup, whereby the aircraft can be operated by a pilot in the vehicle, or by a remote operator anywhere in the world. If accepted, the aircraft would be the Artega Group's first major undertaking and Hernandez-Segura's first contract with the Air Force.

Edited by iKrolm

• 2 weeks later...

[b]Public:[/b]

The Selenarctos Peacekeeping Force announced today that the 102nd and 103rd SPF Mechanized Divisions are ready to begin deployments to the Selenarctos Greater Indonesian protectorate zone. In the coming months, they will fully replace the Army's 3rd Mechanized Division currently deployed in the zone, allowing the 3rd Mechanized to return home. Naval and Air Force deployments in the Greater Indonesian Protectorate Zone remain unchanged at the present time.

SPF Commander Ferdinando Valenzuela stated that he was pleased with the 102nd and 103rd, and that training of the remaining divisions was proceeding on schedule. President Diokno was not present at the press conference, but Commander Valenzuela also relayed an executive order signed by the President extending the Draft measure enacted by the Central Government to supply the SPF as well. Rarely used for the armed forces' current size, this extension is not expected to see significant opposition.

Selenarctos Army Internal Report:

Over the last year and a half, the Selenarctos economy has undergone a massive retooling to accommodate the material needs of the Orbital Launch Loop and other markets that have emerged as a result of the new technologies and sectors that have emerged. These changes invoked the greatest impact on the greater urban area of Manila, where the most concentrated areas of new industry are located.

In exchange for promoting the quickest growth in the desired areas without a reduction in taxes, the President agreed to reduce pollution and emissions control standards. This measure proved very effective, and the Department of Economics' latest metrics put industrial output at it's highest levels in the country's history.

A forseen consequence of this growth however, is the decreasing air quality in the greater Manila area we are currently experiencing. After carefully analyzing the situation and future projections, it is the authors' oppinion that the levels of air pollution have not reached dangerous levels, nor do they pose a threat to the Army's peacetime operations at the present time.

However, it is also the authors' oppinion that pollution levels will soon reach hazardous levels during wartime. An increase in air particulates associated with extensive urban combat, munition detonations, and other hazards of war would push air quality below acceptable levels for active duty within the region.

We therefore recommend that active and reserve divisions stationed in and around Manila begin to prepare for the possibility of combat within a mild toxic environment. Specifically, all Bionix and Terrex armored vehicles should be serviced and equipped with Bulldog Armored Vehicles' latest NCB filtration units. Furthermore, soldiers of the aforementioned divisions should receive increased training and practice with NCB protective equipment and lastly, all military compounds and locations of strategic interest should receive NCB protective features for the inhabitants.

Thank you for your consideration,
[i]List of names follows...[/i]

Resolution:

This request has been [size="1"]APPROVED[/size] for implementation by the Army Office of Procurement.

Edited by iKrolm

In answer to the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=65408&view=findpost&p=2994683"]bids submitted[/url] for consideration, the Selenarctos Air Force Office of Procurement has approved preliminary to the following projects:

The X-111 Interceptor, by the Selenarctan Aerospace Consortium:
We believe the X-111 has the potential to replace the F-22 and F-1 Quantum Air Superiority fighters for homeland defense. The existence and all knowledge of the X-111 project, but especially water takeoff, shall be treated as strictly classified.

The F-X multi-role fighter, by the Artega Group and Hernandez-Segura Systems:
After examining the proposed design, we concluded that the F-X meets or exceeds all requirements of a successor to the F-35. The F-X project shall remain classified for the present time, but will be declassified before completion. Procurement for the X-111 may be listed under the F-X project to shift attention to the development of the F-X and minimize the risk of X-111 leaks.

Additionally, the Air Force Office of Procurement has rejected the remaining bids.

The X-6 Air Superiority/Escort Craft, by the Selenarctan Aerospace Consortium

The SAC-19 Unmanned Strike Drone, by the Selenarctan Aerospace Consortium

The SAFOP is of the opinion that these craft's roles are already adequately filled, by the F-22 and successor X-111 in the case of the X-6 and the Predator-C for the SAC-16. While both have advantages and have many positive attributes, the strengths of these planes are not justified alongside the X-111 and F-X development.

Also [b]Classified:[/b]

By the order of the President,

The Department of Security under Secretary Ireneo Juárez shall begin a process to replace the encryption and restricted data standards laid forth in Security Council Resolution 287 with current, near-future, and quantum computing -resistant encryption standards. The President has allowed the DoS one year to upgrade 50% of current military systems, with 99% of systems within two years. Civilian departments shall also be required to switch to the new system, with a total conversion to the new security measures within five years.

[b]Semi-Classified:[/b]

With the eruption of conflict in the Lunar Republic territory, remaining LR personnel on Freeside would be asked to leave and escorted off the station by local security personnel if they refused. By now the station was entirely independent of the LR for material and sustenance needs, with the orbital launch loop in Tianxia supplying people and consumables until the Selenarctan launch loop comes online. In addition to the usual supplies, the next launch would send two platoons of 1st Mechanized soldiers plus equipment skywards to Freeside as a precaution.