• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mars Hotspot Location (December 2016):

(-57, 96) OR (-57, 97) URL Segment: &lat=-57&lon=96 OR &lat=-57&lon=97

96 is ~81% likely. 97 is ~19% likely.

(Note: If you're reading this in the future and the current hotspot has not been posted, please share your coordinates/effectivenesses to help find it.)

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, CaptainC said:

Both are 99%

The -0.00000002 latitude offset is important.  Your nation page is showing your moon base at (-84, 38) and your moon colony at (-84, 39).  And I looked at the source code, which doesn't have the issue of rounding to 5 decimal places.

1 hour ago, Chintan said:

The -0.00000002 latitude offset is important.  Your nation page is showing your moon base at (-84, 38) and your moon colony at (-84, 39).  And I looked at the source code, which doesn't have the issue of rounding to 5 decimal places.

Thanks! 

I made several updates to the Moon & Mars hotspot finder.  Most importantly, I added a floating point correction for 55 so it corrects it to 54.99999999, because this month we discovered that 55 doesn't work but 54.99999999 does.  Get the latest version to avoid the same confusion we had while finding this month's hotspots.  I also added all the observed hotspots up to January 2017 and updated the probabilities.

Get the latest version here:

Moon & Mars Hotspot Finder

You'll have to save a copy (File -> Make a copy...) to use it.  And you'll have to give it a few seconds to calculate after entering your test points.

• 4 weeks later...

Moon Hotspot Location (February 2017):

(-50,111) URL Segment: &lat=-50&lon=111

Confirmed 100%

By the way, what do you use to generate that program?  Do you code it up in Google Docs?  I tried downloading to .xlsx and opening in Excel 2010, and it doesn't work (but it works fine the way you describe, via Google Docs).  In Excel, it's giving me an error that the file is corrupt, and when it finally opens, some of the formulas are clearly not correct.

I have not succeeded to translate it to Excel either. Google sheets has some commands that do not translate to Excel directly and I did not find a suitable replacement command immediately, so I gave up trying.

Thanks for the info for this month.

Confirmed

Edited by Colin Myrhh

• 1 month later...