Fact (Read Opinion) Finding Mission

magicninja

GATO? Never heard of 'em.  

326 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Voted Ok I guess/ New GATO

The old GATO from UPS 2.0/BUTT days is still in my memory. Once you guys get a larger presence it may go away, and all I've seen is positives so far, but for me you need to do something to overwrite the old memories of GATO being the bully/dictator of brown.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once WAE always WAE.

I will respect GATO when they get couped (read elected) by a charismatic leader who destroys any remaining semblance of democracy in the alliance. Doubly so when the new leader goes back to Gato's CT roots.

edit: As an aside, I think RV would be the perfect man for the job.

Edited by Seerow

Get back to your roots like LoSS did. Also, shed your Stockholm syndrome, and stop loving NPO for raping you.

They don't love us, it's just (as far as I'm aware) that they don't hate us like you do either.

Someone from GATO, (I can't remember who) told me fairly recently that 50% or more...um...GATOians? dislike the NPO.

And they were probably putting it lightly so I'd feel better. And raping is not the right word, curbstomping, murdering, beating down, whatever, but that isn't the right word for it.

<_<

They don't love us, it's just (as far as I'm aware) that they don't hate us like you do either.

I don't hate anyone, seriously :psyduck:

Why is it that when I speak frankly it seems like I hate someone? :P

And raping is not the right word, curbstomping, murdering, beating down, whatever, but that isn't the right word for it.

Cybernations community must be the most non-gamer like community. Nobody knows any of the lingo <_<

I will respect GATO when they get couped (read elected) by a charismatic leader who destroys any remaining semblance of democracy in the alliance. Doubly so when the new leader goes back to Gato's CT roots.

I don't see why any of us would allow a leader to curb democratic ideals such that the system is gone. We will just have to live without your respect.

I am sure it will be hard on both of us.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

And they were probably putting it lightly so I'd feel better. And raping is not the right word, curbstomping, murdering, beating down, whatever, but that isn't the right word for it.

How about 'Completely and totally removing the sovereignty of'. That sounds about right to me.

Someone from GATO, (I can't remember who) told me fairly recently that 50% or more...um...GATOians? dislike the NPO.

NPO attacked GATO over something which could have easily been negotiated and dealt with in about five minutes,

used it as an excuse to throw everything you had at us and our allies,

robbed the alliance of everything it had,

threatened those who tried to stay out of your way with ZI (or EZI/PZI or whatever it was),

forced one alliance to disband and told them you would keep attacking their members none the less,

continually made insults and slander towards GATO on the forums,

refused to even acknowledge that we had been sending surrender messages until we mentioned it in an official post,

made sure that the first Viceroy put in charge of our alliance was the !@#$%^& who had been directing the attempts to wipe us out and had very happily been yelling ‘ORDER 66’ and ‘GAYTO’ only a few days before the surrender,

banned without justification or reason several of our oldest members who would have been able to begin rebuilding GATO without NPO help,

turned GATO into your puppet and personal tech farm under the guise of rebuilding the alliance,

and essentially tore to soul out of the alliance.

Raping sounds accurate enough for me.

However, I do take comfort that in a far better position than us you and your comrades also fought tooth and nail to survive and defend your alliance had most of your members flee screaming into peace mode for fear of losing their pixels.

EDIT: Incomplete sentence

Edited by ShinRa

Once WAE always WAE.

edit: As an aside, I think RV would be the perfect man for the job.

all dictatorships have failed in-game, and the most tangible ones have failed in that other universe.

dictatorships suck and GATO shall never become one.

i'd say that anyone in GATO who doesn't dislike NPO is seriously messed up.

NPO attacked GATO over something which could have easily been negotiated and dealt with in about five minutes,

threatened those who tried to stay out of your way with ZI (or EZI/PZI or whatever it was),

forced one alliance to disband and told them you would keep attacking their members none the less,

refused to even acknowledge that we had been sending surrender messages until we mentioned it in an official post,

made sure that the first Viceroy put in charge of our alliance was the !@#$%^& who had been directing the attempts to wipe us out and had very happily been yelling ‘ORDER 66’ and ‘GAYTO’ only a few days before the surrender,

banned without justification or reason several of our oldest members who would have been able to begin rebuilding GATO without NPO help,

turned GATO into your puppet and personal tech farm under the guise of rebuilding the alliance,

However, I do take comfort that in a far better position than us you also fought tooth and nail to survive and defend their alliance had most of your members flee screaming into peace mode for fear of losing their pixels.

ShinRa won the thread :)

good to see you around again my friend.

However, I do take comfort that in a far better position than us you also fought tooth and nail to survive and defend their alliance had most of your members flee screaming into peace mode for fear of losing their pixels.

That about sums it up

i'd say that anyone in GATO who doesn't dislike NPO is seriously messed up.

I don't dislike the NPO. I merely have a healthy dose of distrust and disagree with the way they handle things. This is a very stupid generalization to make and I'm disappointed to see you stating it.

NPO and GATO have too long of a history against each other to really be allies by now, I think, but the PIAT is there to give the relationship a chance. Both alliances would need to move past the whole "THEY BE MINE ENEMY! KILL!" thing. Yeah, they nearly destroyed GATO. Yeah, they put us under a viceroyship for several months. Yeah, they were hostile to us and created a hostile political environment for us.

But goddamn, boy, people whining and !@#$%*ing about how we've been treated in the past and how this should automatically mean we should hate their guts !@#$@#$ piss me off to no end. I have no objections to advising caution and some level of distrust. I do have objections when you throw a goddamn fit over expressing any friendliness to former enemies, throwing around generalizations, insults, and misapplied psychological terms in your efforts to poison the atmosphere and relationship. You wanna do that, then you can join the rest of the population who mindlessly follows their grudges to the end of time. You'll fit right in with the same people you hate, and you can be happy hating each other all you'd like.

Me? Maybe I'm too kind, but I'm going to give them a chance to reform. I'm going to give the NPO the benefit of the doubt and hope they might've actually learned something. It doesn't mean I love them. It doesn't mean I'm going to go right out and bravely defend the NPO name at all costs. I'm not blind. I'm not stupid. I'm simply going to watch them, maybe help them a bit once they're out of the terms and have behaved. I'm going to hold back from passing down judgment before they have a chance to clean up their act on the world stage. They've made some changes already. Will they stick to them? Do they really realize the consequences of their actions on the game as a whole, instead of acting only from selfish needs and wants? Will they still fill the forums with nonsense, flamebait, and total disregard for creating a workable political environment? Will people be able to actually argue with the NPO without necessarily having to feel in danger?

An NPO that doesn't create a hostile environment, one that works to facilitate an inclusive Planet Bob where the standard of discussion is slightly higher than "you suck" "no u" "lol, i pwnd u" would be cool. They're going to come back. Dunno if they'll be back to #1, but it's not like the NPO is some disorganized mob of people mindlessly clicking "Collect Taxes". Distrust them all you want. Feel free to remind people they've done !@#$%* things in the past and that we should be wary of them. Keep the hate out, though. It helps no one, and it doesn't make you look cool. I used to hate the NPO, but it's not worth the energy or time, primarily because I'd rather divert the energy from hating the NPO towards doing more useful stuff, like I dunno, improving GATO. Or, gods forbid, enjoying another game.

Once WAE always WAE.

Why?

(Starcraftmazter @ Jul 23 2009, 02:46 PM) *

Get back to your roots like LoSS did. Also, shed your Stockholm syndrome, and stop loving NPO for raping you.

Not sure you'll find that many NPO lovers in GATO. Many remember what they did to us, before the viceroy I mean, so we have a distrustful attitude towards them. But we're willing to see if they change, and act appropriately. Just as others, I hope, wait to see if we have changed and will act appropriately.

Man that had to be said :wub:, Bravo ShinRa ;)

I don't dislike the NPO. I merely have a healthy dose of distrust and disagree with the way they handle things. This is a very stupid generalization to make and I'm disappointed to see you stating it.

NPO and GATO have too long of a history against each other to really be allies by now, I think, but the PIAT is there to give the relationship a chance. Both alliances would need to move past the whole "THEY BE MINE ENEMY! KILL!" thing. Yeah, they nearly destroyed GATO. Yeah, they put us under a viceroyship for several months. Yeah, they were hostile to us and created a hostile political environment for us.

I agree that it's stupid to hate NPO because they're NPO. I do, however, think it is healthy to have a high level of distrust and disapproval towards them until they have some major leadership changes. I guess I just don't accept the idea that the same cadre of individuals will change enough to affect the core of an alliance.

EDIT: also, I can't decide if ShinRa or DP won this thread :psyduck:

Edited by Thrower08

If we hated NPO forever for what they did in the past, how would we be any better than the people that still call us "WAE" for what we did in the past?

we're being different. the people who run GATO back then aren't in the alliance, probably not even in the game.

NPO is the same.

being against someone based on facts and their well established history is only logical.

and hate is too strong a word.

its one thing to be neutral and another to be deliberately positive towards the alliance that has done more harm to GATO than any other and is still run by the same people and ruled by the same policies.

Keep the hate out, though. It helps no one, and it doesn't make you look cool. I used to hate the NPO, but it's not worth the energy or time, primarily because I'd rather divert the energy from hating the NPO towards doing more useful stuff, like I dunno, improving GATO. Or, gods forbid, enjoying another game.

Im too lazy to keep hating the NPO, Ive hated them for majority of my 3 years in CN. Ive let the pass go, things have changed they dont control these forums anymore, aside from a couple of them I dont really care for them.

we're being different. the people who run GATO back then aren't in the alliance, probably not even in the game.

NPO is the same.

being against someone based on facts and their well established history is only logical.

and hate is too strong a word.

its one thing to be neutral and another to be deliberately positive towards the alliance that has done more harm to GATO than any other and is still run by the same people and ruled by the same policies.

There are many of us who have been here since the old days, many of us.

Edited by Greg23

"Meh"

I had a fair amount of respect for GATO, especially during the war with the NPO.

You guys held up marvelously, and I hope no one ever forgets that. You accepted horrible terms. I suppose you felt that you didn't have much choice.

And then, once released from those terms, you (almost) immediately signed a treaty with those who tried to destroy you. I understand that it's necessary to come to terms with one's former enemies; indeed, that has been one of the key tasks I've set for myself as Nordreich's leader. However, the timing of that was simply terrible. You set yourselves up for all of the 'Stockholm Syndrome' comments.

So...."Meh"

However, I'm optimistic about the future.