Photo

Fact (Read Opinion) Finding Mission

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Poll: GATO? Never heard of 'em.

What is your opinion of GATO?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which GATO do you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 MTTezla

MTTezla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Nation Name:Nova Rio
  • Alliance Name:Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:02 PM

I always have a soft spot for GATO as it was my first CN alliance (PW II and GWI). Also new GATO, as it seems some logic has been incorporated into FA.

Logic? In my FA department?

Well, I'll have to stamp that out ASAP.

#42 BarbulaM1

BarbulaM1

God

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Nation Name:Centennial

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

No, GATO's doing absolutely nothing. You're just there. Like a plush toy. What you need is a strong leader. Someone with the balls and conviction to show you the way to glory. And you know something, I think I'm up to the task.

Oh RV we've replaced you with JB, did you not get the memo? :P Though I do agree a strong leader is good, I do not mind a stable leader for a bit while we gather our bearings and grow a bit in numbers and strength.

And logic in our FA, blasphemy!

#43 Sylar

Sylar

Iron Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Nation Name:city on a hill

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:18 PM

I like gato there pretty cool :D

#44 Griffy

Griffy

Curiouser and Curiouser

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Nation Name:Rememberance
  • Alliance Name:Anarchy Inc.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

GATO is cool, mmk?

Anyway. I voted new GATO because I like the new directions we're going in. I wasn't around for the "Old" GATO. so, we'll see how we do. :3

#45 DogeWilliam

DogeWilliam

The new neo-Venezia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Nation Name:Serenissima
  • Alliance Name:The Order of the Paradox

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

I vote WAE merely b/c it brings back memories.

#46 Rebel Virginia

Rebel Virginia

Peace Mode Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,696 posts
  • Nation Name:Rebel Virginia
  • Alliance Name:New Sith Order

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

Oh RV we've replaced you with JB, did you not get the memo? :P Though I do agree a strong leader is good, I do not mind a stable leader for a bit while we gather our bearings and grow a bit in numbers and strength.

And logic in our FA, blasphemy!

I will be making a grand return whether you like it or not. Mark my words.

#47 Prodigal Moon

Prodigal Moon

So the world might be mended

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Nation Name:Nightmerica
  • Alliance Name:Nomad Confederation

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:47 PM

I think GATO's got a great core of dedicated members. Between that and the growth since the viceroyship ended, there's good potential. But GATO's got a long history (the longest), and hasn't done enough recently to move its image forward. I think in the absence of a strong modern presence, the default GATO image is going to be based on the past, which you probably don't want. I hope that between GATO's return, the creation of NSO, and our recent merger to form Silence, we can work together to do something cool with Brown.

#48 Esau of Isaac

Esau of Isaac

God's gift to something or other

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,314 posts
  • Nation Name:Lanluz

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:11 PM

I voted WAE :v:

Also, I voted Old GATO, because it was more fun when the political landscape was newer. Though the current scope of everything is magnificent in its own regard.

#49 magicninja

magicninja

Put on your rope....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,245 posts
  • Nation Name:Grundy
  • Alliance Name:GATO

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

I voted WAE :v:

Also, I voted Old GATO, because it was more fun when the political landscape was newer. Though the current scope of everything is magnificent in its own regard.

Ha you would....... ^_^

Hmmm the poll results aren't all that bad. It seems the minority is people who think of GATO in a negative way. That's great. I wish more of everyone would've written their opinions down though. Maybe gave a reason why they felt one way or the other. Then, maybe we could address some of the issues they have.

#50 Arciel

Arciel

GATO member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Nation Name:Koinon

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

I will be making a grand return whether you like it or not. Mark my words.

I am expecting you.

#51 Coloradia

Coloradia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Nation Name:Coloradia
  • Alliance Name:Siberian Tiger Alliance

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

Voted Ok I guess/ New GATO

The old GATO from UPS 2.0/BUTT days is still in my memory. Once you guys get a larger presence it may go away, and all I've seen is positives so far, but for me you need to do something to overwrite the old memories of GATO being the bully/dictator of brown.

#52 Seerow

Seerow

That Putz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Nation Name:Pharaphalyn
  • Alliance Name:Mushroom Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:40 PM

Once WAE always WAE.

I will respect GATO when they get couped (read elected) by a charismatic leader who destroys any remaining semblance of democracy in the alliance. Doubly so when the new leader goes back to Gato's CT roots.

edit: As an aside, I think RV would be the perfect man for the job.

Edited by Seerow, 22 July 2009 - 07:42 PM.

#53 Elendil old

Elendil old

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Nation Name:Twilight Renegades
  • Alliance Name:New Pacific Order

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

Grenvals FA policy was better heh.

#54 Starcraftmazter

Starcraftmazter

In the service of Aiur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts
  • Nation Name:DPRK
  • Alliance Name:The Dark Templar / DOOMBIRD DOOMCAVE

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:46 PM

Get back to your roots like LoSS did. Alao, shed your Stockholm syndrome, and stop loving NPO for raping you.

Edited by Starcraftmazter, 22 July 2009 - 08:46 PM.

#55 Ellis

Ellis

Ex-evil henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Nation Name:Straccia
  • Alliance Name:Invicta

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:24 AM

Get back to your roots like LoSS did. Also, shed your Stockholm syndrome, and stop loving NPO for raping you.

They don't love us, it's just (as far as I'm aware) that they don't hate us like you do either.
Someone from GATO, (I can't remember who) told me fairly recently that 50% or more...um...GATOians? dislike the NPO.
And they were probably putting it lightly so I'd feel better. And raping is not the right word, curbstomping, murdering, beating down, whatever, but that isn't the right word for it.

#56 Starcraftmazter

Starcraftmazter

In the service of Aiur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts
  • Nation Name:DPRK
  • Alliance Name:The Dark Templar / DOOMBIRD DOOMCAVE

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:29 AM

<_<

They don't love us, it's just (as far as I'm aware) that they don't hate us like you do either.

I don't hate anyone, seriously :psyduck:
Why is it that when I speak frankly it seems like I hate someone? :P

And raping is not the right word, curbstomping, murdering, beating down, whatever, but that isn't the right word for it.

Cybernations community must be the most non-gamer like community. Nobody knows any of the lingo <_<

#57 Esau of Isaac

Esau of Isaac

God's gift to something or other

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,314 posts
  • Nation Name:Lanluz

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:38 AM

I will respect GATO when they get couped (read elected) by a charismatic leader who destroys any remaining semblance of democracy in the alliance. Doubly so when the new leader goes back to Gato's CT roots.

I don't see why any of us would allow a leader to curb democratic ideals such that the system is gone. We will just have to live without your respect.

I am sure it will be hard on both of us.

Edited by Esau of Isaac, 23 July 2009 - 04:38 AM.

#58 Essenia

Essenia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Nation Name:Dortmundia
  • Alliance Name:Umbrella

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:26 AM

And they were probably putting it lightly so I'd feel better. And raping is not the right word, curbstomping, murdering, beating down, whatever, but that isn't the right word for it.

How about 'Completely and totally removing the sovereignty of'. That sounds about right to me.

#59 ShinRa

ShinRa

Former President

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Nation Name:Battlestar Pegasus

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:39 AM

Someone from GATO, (I can't remember who) told me fairly recently that 50% or more...um...GATOians? dislike the NPO.

NPO attacked GATO over something which could have easily been negotiated and dealt with in about five minutes,
used it as an excuse to throw everything you had at us and our allies,
robbed the alliance of everything it had,
threatened those who tried to stay out of your way with ZI (or EZI/PZI or whatever it was),
forced one alliance to disband and told them you would keep attacking their members none the less,
continually made insults and slander towards GATO on the forums,
refused to even acknowledge that we had been sending surrender messages until we mentioned it in an official post,
made sure that the first Viceroy put in charge of our alliance was the !@#$%^& who had been directing the attempts to wipe us out and had very happily been yelling ‘ORDER 66’ and ‘GAYTO’ only a few days before the surrender,
banned without justification or reason several of our oldest members who would have been able to begin rebuilding GATO without NPO help,
turned GATO into your puppet and personal tech farm under the guise of rebuilding the alliance,
and essentially tore to soul out of the alliance.

Raping sounds accurate enough for me.

However, I do take comfort that in a far better position than us you and your comrades also fought tooth and nail to survive and defend your alliance had most of your members flee screaming into peace mode for fear of losing their pixels.

EDIT: Incomplete sentence

Edited by ShinRa, 23 July 2009 - 02:35 PM.

#60 Venizelos

Venizelos

L.S./M.F.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Nation Name:Chania
  • Alliance Name:The Last Remnants

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

Once WAE always WAE.

edit: As an aside, I think RV would be the perfect man for the job.

all dictatorships have failed in-game, and the most tangible ones have failed in that other universe.
dictatorships suck and GATO shall never become one.

i'd say that anyone in GATO who doesn't dislike NPO is seriously messed up.

NPO attacked GATO over something which could have easily been negotiated and dealt with in about five minutes,
used it as an excuse to throw everything you had at us and our allies,
robbed the alliance of everything it had,
threatened those who tried to stay out of your way with ZI (or EZI/PZI or whatever it was),
forced one alliance to disband and told them you would keep attacking their members none the less,
continually made insults and slander towards GATO on the forums,
refused to even acknowledge that we had been sending surrender messages until we mentioned it in an official post,
made sure that the first Viceroy put in charge of our alliance was the !@#$%^& who had been directing the attempts to wipe us out and had very happily been yelling ‘ORDER 66’ and ‘GAYTO’ only a few days before the surrender,
banned without justification or reason several of our oldest members who would have been able to begin rebuilding GATO without NPO help,
turned GATO into your puppet and personal tech farm under the guise of rebuilding the alliance,
and essentially tore to soul out of the alliance.

Raping sounds accurate enough for me.

However, I do take comfort that in a far better position than us you also fought tooth and nail to survive and defend their alliance had most of your members flee screaming into peace mode for fear of losing their pixels.

ShinRa won the thread :)
good to see you around again my friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users