CDS, 3 years old

Shadow Slayer

announcement.jpg

3 Year Birthday

Normally Rambo makes these topics, but he is currently not playing CN. In his place, Croix, rabonnobar, I have made this topic.

3 Years ago, the Coalition of Green States was formed. A splinter of the Grand Global Alliance, it was started by many high profile members who were fed up with the antics of Prodigal_Chieftain. Although originally Prodigal_Chieftain was furious, and threatened the CGS members, some quick diplomatic skills on the part of John Rambo and Filipinoboi122 from CGS and Kevin the Great from the GGA prevented conflict from arising.

Soon after, the first Great War broke out. The CoaLUEtion and the NPO began a conflict that horrified many. The scale of casualties and declarations were staggering at the time. Over 1 million soldiers died -- an insignificant figure in today's Planet Bob, but at the time when 10k NS was considered a high roller, it was shocking.

The CGS found itself in yet another political entanglement. Unknown to most of the Cyberverse, we had signed a MDP with the NPO. Emperor Ivan Moldavi and Dilber both approached Rambo and called on him to activate the treaty and defend the Orders. However, Rambo decided to side with the CoaLUEtion. The membership had worked closely with LUE and GATO, and were firm friends. They had not known about the NPO treaty, and therefore Rambo chose to sacrifice some of his honor for the good of the alliance.

We emerged victorious, and were at the height of our power. Admin had recently announced the creation of four new color spheres. The CGS immediately decided to move to the Black Sphere, and change our name to the Coalition of Dark States. Soon after, The CDS was sanctioned. Four months after splitting from the GGA, we had acquired a massive member base of over 300 nations.

Peaceful times soon followed. The CDS experienced new players who campaigned successfully for government positions. Some of these people are still common names in the cyberverse. TimLee, Mogar, and Bobby Fischer all started in the High Council. Other influential members -- who some newer players might not remember -- include iLLUSi0N, Osprey, and The Hegemon. Our former members today have spread all over the cyberverse. They have resided in NPO, GPA, TOOL, TOP, RIA, OBR, TDO, TPF, Vox, and multitudes of other alliances. Some have been elected to government positions, others have slowly faded into obscurity.

However, our golden era soon came to an end. SomethingAwful flooded CN, and with it the Black Sphere. In doing so, it led the CDS to ally with LoSS, who we initially were on less than friendly terms with due to senate conflicts. LoSS in the coming months would become our closest ally, and we still call many of them friends to this day.

The GOONS turned out to be too powerful for both of us. During the Second Great War, both LoSS and the CDS fought for the Black Team, with the new addition of ACID teaming up with us as well. We were crushed. The CDS lost its sanction, and faded from people's minds. We focused internally, but had too many problems to fix. We made the choice to vacate to the White Sphere after the GOONS held the senate during the peaceful months. It was a rash decision, and effectively removed us from the sanction race. Many of our allies even tell us now that they wrote us off as a significant alliance after the switch. Great War III broke out soon after, and all hope of restoring our alliance vanished. The GOONS crushed us yet again, and refused to give us peaceful terms. We disbanded soon after, although some members would at times attempt to revive the alliance, in spirit it was never the same.

Last year, Rambo made the Two year anniversary topic. In his place, Croix, rabonnobar, and I have written this topic. While many former members hold grievances towards the CDS, and left to form their own alliances such as COLD (merged into TPF) and TDO (recently sanctioned, congrats guys), the CDS was something special. It wasn't a particularly powerful alliance. We were always bottom heavy and fairly disorganized. We never could create effective aid chains to get us moving. What made us wasn't stats, it was the people. As almost all former members will tell you, it can't be duplicated. The CDS was home. For some like myself, no other alliance has ever felt the same. It left a sense of longing, and we began to drift trying in vain to find an alliance that we would love as much as the Coalition.

There were extraordinary members, and the activity was unparalleled. After all of these years, someone recently came up to me and told me their name from the bygone days of being a CDS member. I instantly recognized them, even though they weren't a high profile member. We tried hard to make a home for everyone, and know each person to a higher degree than most alliances today. In an alliance of over 300 people, the government knew the names and traits of almost every single one.

If you are an ex CDS member, we invite you to share your memories in this thread. If not, tell us what makes your current alliance so special, and while you'll remember it in years to come.

For us, we never really left the Coalition of Dark States, which is why today we celebrate its 3rd birthday.

.::CDS::.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-GW3 black team was awesome. The friendly and not-so-friendly rivalries as well as the hilarious forum were some things I really do miss. I remember in August 06 when GOONS was formed, Commander Cody tried to bribe us with the princely sum of three (3) million dongs to get us to move to the red team.

The GOONS crushed us yet again, and refused to give us peaceful terms. We disbanded soon after, although some members would at times attempt to revive the alliance, in spirit it was never the same.

This is actually not (quite) true. After ODN surrendered to us we refused to deal with the government that had attacked us twice in three months, so you unleashed your massive nuclear arsenal of 50 on us. It was only then that some concerned onlookers couped Seleucus Ontuas' government and got terms. They were really awful terms for how destroyed CDS was at that time, but they were terms nonetheless. CDS definitely wasn't the same in any real capacity afterwards, but they did go on to fight for the Unjust Path a few months later. After being infiltrated by a bunch of fascists in November CDS ended up disbanding for good.

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

Pre-GW3 black team was awesome. The friendly and not-so-friendly rivalries as well as the hilarious forum were some things I really do miss. I remember in August 06 when GOONS was formed, Commander Cody tried to bribe us with the princely sum of three (3) million dongs to get us to move to the red team.

Maroon and Black were the only good teams back then.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here? <_<

Leave us be.

Uh, nothing.. apparently I'm the only person who realizes that you don't continue counting birthdays for someone/something after they die. CDS has been long dead, thus, it's not exactly 3 years old.

Uh, nothing.. apparently I'm the only person who realizes that you don't continue counting birthdays for someone/something after they die. CDS has been long dead, thus, it's not exactly 3 years old.

Ok. Revision.

CDS would be 3 years old today.

Ok. Revision.

CDS would be 3 years old today.

It would have been much smarter, and 100% more accurate had you and the OP said that it is the 3rd anniversary of CDS' founding. Seeing a show it's dead and all, you can't call it a birthday.

Good riddance to bad rubbish though.

It would have been much smarter, and 100% more accurate had you and the OP said that it is the 3rd anniversary of CDS' founding. Seeing a show it's dead and all, you can't call it a birthday.

Good riddance to bad rubbish though.

I fully doubt that the OP cared so much about the details as much as the spirit of the announcement.

...and I just remembered you were in CDS. Explains a few things. :mellow:

hi im here still

joined CGS the day it started and was a high senator for the entirety of my stay there.

got bored with it and decided to leave and join GOONS, the next day GW2 broke out or something (im a bit hazy here) so i quit the alliance rather than fight against the alliance I was a matter of hours away from joining, chilled in peace mode till I got a PM from a rather great guy who invited me to join TDO which was still being set up and organised amongst a few CDS members and that was that

B)