Poaching from our ranks- NSO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps NSO needs a lil talking to. Can I get a second for the "Mild Talking to Coalition"!
Not really funny or witty. Actually, it's really a pretty boring comment.
That wouldnt be very neutral-ish but it would definitely bring back some fun for us in the game. Heh.
Fun? [OOC]This game isn't supposed to be FUN.[/OOC] Edited by Fallen_Fool

Is this what the world has come to?

Spying is NOT an act of war but sending PMs IS an act of war?

*facepalm*

Besides, in this new era, everyone can say anything they want, including recruiting messages, right? Don't restrict free speech!

Also, do you know how many flipping messages NPO members are receiving about their alliance affiliation and where they should be instead?

Man, your going to anger the pot and kettle crowd with that crazy talking.

Yes and it is something I continually regret doing. I will continue to regret for as long as that AA exists.

Didn't we also like attack you or something?

I would expect better out of an alliance like NSO.

What makes it so wrong?

whys that?

Because I believe NSO is a good alliance. I almost joined them after Vox and most likely would have had Inci not recruited me first. This is not something that they would usually do, unless it was for some bigger reason.

The only people we'd be able to get would be non neutrals who don't belong in your alliance anyway. If anything, we are helping to ensure you are what you say you are. The very fact that y'all are complaining about this "poaching" proves nothing but that you are afraid of being exposed as unneutral.

And by the way, I have yet to hear them articulate an argument against recruiting from their ranks- they merely appeal to arbitrary community norms. Consider it from a utilitarian perspective. Recruiting nations form them will not harm their ability to carry out their neutral policies, as one nation can be neutral just as well as 1000, whereas any nation we recruit from them will increase our ability to carry out policies, since more nations will allow us to project more power. We are helping ourselves while, in terms of consequences, are not hurting them. From a utilitarian perspective, then, what we did was quite a good thing.

But then on the other hand, while yes, being neutral does not require a certain number of people, In the TDO, GPA etc neutrals have banded together for protection, because you can't spend your whole life at DEFCON 6. By directly and deliberately recruiting from those alliances, you are directly and deliberately reducing their ability to protect themselves against aggression.

The only people we'd be able to get would be non neutrals who don't belong in your alliance anyway. If anything, we are helping to ensure you are what you say you are. The very fact that y'all are complaining about this "poaching" proves nothing but that you are afraid of being exposed as unneutral.

And by the way, I have yet to hear them articulate an argument against recruiting from their ranks- they merely appeal to arbitrary community norms. Consider it from a utilitarian perspective. Recruiting nations form them will not harm their ability to carry out their neutral policies, as one nation can be neutral just as well as 1000, whereas any nation we recruit from them will increase our ability to carry out policies, since more nations will allow us to project more power. We are helping ourselves while, in terms of consequences, are not hurting them. From a utilitarian perspective, then, what we did was quite a good thing.

In our conversations, you guys never answered the question of whether or not it would be ok for us to recruit from your membership. The reason you did not answer that question, is because the answer is clearly- no- it isn't ok for another alliance to poach your members. Why then do you think that you can justify poaching our members in any way, when on a grand scale, if you poached any other alliances' members that were not neutral, you would receive hell and high water for it? The fact of the matter is that you labeled us as "pacifist" when we are neutral. We are a sovereign alliance, and you interfered with that Sovereignty. To demand an apology is not out of line. To expect that we will not receive any future recruitment messages is not out of line either.

In our conversations, you guys never answered the question of whether or not it would be ok for us to recruit from your membership. The reason you did not answer that question, is because the answer is clearly- no- it isn't ok for another alliance to poach your members. Why then do you think that you can justify poaching our members in any way, when on a grand scale, if you poached any other alliances' members that were not neutral, you would receive hell and high water for it? The fact of the matter is that you labeled us as "pacifist" when we are neutral. We are a sovereign alliance, and you interfered with that Sovereignty. To demand an apology is not out of line. To expect that we will not receive any future recruitment messages is not out of line either.

The easiest way to get that answer is to do it and see.

Anyone know why the Grey Council has not weighed in on this topic yet? :popcorn:

Personally, I actually regretted them being messaged, and those sentiments were expressed to them in private earlier this evening.

Also, everyone do stay civil, especially NSO members. Just because we're Sith doesn't mean we can't be polite.

But then on the other hand, while yes, being neutral does not require a certain number of people, In the TDO, GPA etc neutrals have banded together for protection, because you can't spend your whole life at DEFCON 6. By directly and deliberately recruiting from those alliances, you are directly and deliberately reducing their ability to protect themselves against aggression.

Like NPO aggression for example?

Nin, your now every bit as guilty as NSO, using neutrals for laughs, for shame

I did not recruit any. Like I said, I have nothing against NSO. It's one of the few alliances that I can say I actually like. However, recruiting from other alliances is a bad thing. Now, if it was just a friend asking a friend to help start an alliance, then I would understand, but this was mass recruiting from another alliance just because they are neutral.

It was a dick move by NSO and you should attack them for it. Put your neutrality to the side for a second and do what needs to be done