-BOLT- Declaration Of Existence

flag-1.png

I am proud to announce the Declaration of Existence for -BOLT- which was formed by the merger between White Knights Entente and Yellow Guard. We have had some ups and downs since the day we merged, we had members leave because they didn't like the choices the governments made. We had a charter set-up, a government some nice forums and IRC channel and we were good to go. But then Dan Marino decides to leave and leaves Mhaister Cillan in charge of this, I had finals and I was away when this was happening. When I got back our forums were down and everyone was panicking. We were lucky to find a lot of government members that decided to stay still on IRC and we decided to make changes. The first thing that was decided was our government, and everyone said I should be the new Emperor and I am honored to be the new Emperor. We then wrote up a new charter and everyone voted for it and everyone agreed. We would like to thank GRAN for sticking with us through that difficult time even thought it was only about two days :P We are now filling in our Elder Councilmen and are on our way to gaining back our members and strength that we had a couple of days ago. We will still use our IRC Channel at: #BOLT and our new forums are HERE I would like to present to you our charter:

Preamble

-BOLT- is formed to help secure her members and educate its members in a time of peace and prosperity. -BOLT- is a yellow team alliance.

Article 1: Admission

Section 1: Admission upon joining -BOLT- , the nation must apply to join the alliance with the following criteria:

1) Nation Name

2) Nation Ruler:

3) Nation Link:

4) Nation Color:

5) Nation Age:

6) Last Alliance:

7) Activity Level:

8) Experience:

Article 2: Membership/Rights

2.1 All –BOLT- members wishing to gain admittance into our alliance must first register on the forums. Applications will be reviewed and accepted according to the background of the applicant as well as their merit and qualification as seen fit by the Emperor and the Triumvirate.

2.2 All accepted members must change their alliance affiliation to “-BOLT-”.

2.3 All accepted members must change to the yellow team; they will be given a time period of 2 weeks to change after acceptance.

2.4 Termination of membership must be approved by the Emperor and the Triumvirate but every member is entitled to the following rights:

1. The right to exist on planet Bob.

2. The right to have a say for yourself.

3. The right to fair trial.

2.5 Trials shall be administered by the Emperor and the final decision will be decided by the Emperor after talking to government about the case.

2.6 All members are advised to post often in the forums, or risk being reprimanded by the Emperor. If you cannot be on the forums, we advise you to get on IRC, or share your email to us so we can contact you through messenger or aim.

Article 3: Government

Section 1: Emperor

1) The Emperor is the only person allowed to declare war on another alliance.

2) The Emperor can veto any decision.

3) The Emperor has the power to suspend or expel a nation from the alliance.

4) The Emperor accepts or declines members of membership into –BOLT-.

5) The Emperor watches over the alliance as a whole.

Section 2: Imperial Regent

The Imperial Regent works under the Emperor and works as an adviser. When the Emperor resigns the Imperial Regent becomes the new Emperor. The Imperial Regent is appointed by the Emperor.

Section 3: Triumvirate

The Triumvirate consists of 3 members, Triumvir of War, Exterior, and Interior. All the three members equal the power of the Emperor and they are second in command of –BOLT-. Each Triumvir shall watch over their respective areas of the alliance, and shall use the Regents as their main helpers in more detailed areas. The Triumvirate are appointed by the Emperor.

Section 4: Elder Council

The Elder Council is the governing body of the alliance, comprised of Regents. Every Regent has a say in their department and has a say in government, no matter on what is being decided.

The Regents are:

1) Regent of War/Defense: Handles all of tech raiding requests, updates battalions and helps secure a better place for -BOLT- members.

2) Regent of Foreign Affairs: Handles all the embassies on the forums and keeps up communications between alliances.

3) Regent of Member Orientation: Handles the recruitment and education of new recruits into –BOLT-.

4) Regent of Finance: Handles all aid programmes, tech dealings, and trade circles for the members of -BOLT-.

5) Regent of Recruitment: Handles the coordination of recruiting and the growth of the allaince.

Each Regent shall act independently concerning their department, but should look to their respective Triumvir (e.g. Regent of War/Defense to Triumvir of War) for advice and approval. The Elder Council should also be the main mouthpiece through which the feelings of –BOLT- members are communicated. Any member can talk to the Council, concerning a specific topic, and the respective Regent shall deal with it appropriately; whether that be dealing with the topic him/herself, asking the Triumvirate/a Triumvir, or suggesting to the Triumvirate/a Triumvir.

As the Elder Council should represent the alliance body, there shall be an election every 3 months for each of the Regent positions. In these elections, every post shall be open to any alliance member, for a campaigning period of 7 days. After this period, there will be a period of 7 days for all members of the alliance to vote for the candidate who they think is most appropriate. The end vote results are final, and the Emperor shall have the tie-breaking decision should there be a tie. During the 2 weeks of campaigning and voting, the current Regents shall hold their positions, until the next candidate is confirmed.

Section 5: Resigning Government Positions

Any government member may resign from his/her post at any time, but should announce their intentions to the alliance, citing valid reasons, in advance. They should also select at least 1 candidate out of the alliance body to fill in the post, and the Emperor and Triumvirate will finalise the decision, taking into account knowledge, experience, skills, and activity levels. If the candidate(s) are not deemed to be suitable, there shall be an open election, allowing any member of the alliance to campaign to take the position. After 7 days of campaigning, it shall be taken to the vote, in which every member can vote. The results of the vote are final, and should there be a tie, the Emperor shall have the tie-breaking decision. Only when a suitable candidate has been selected and has agreed to replace the governmental position, can the former government member officially resign and leave.

Section 4: Charter Amendment Process

4.1) The charter may be amended at any time by the Emperor with the approval of at least 3 Regents and Triumvirs.

Article 4: Policies

Section 1: Military

1) We do allow tech raiding.

2) No attacking nations in any AA of more than 5 nations.

3) Nation must be at least 5 days inactive.

4) Nation needs to request to raid first.

5) We don’t allow the use of nukes unless nuked upon first.

Section 2: Internal Affairs

1) –BOLT- does not believe in Eternal-ZI or Permanent -ZI lists.

2) –BOLT- will not stand for injustice within the alliance.

3) –BOLT- will not allow any type of flaming.

Thanks,

Kobiashiy and -BOLT- Government

And This was not needed...... and is not the same with out Dan.

You merged not created a brand new alliance.

First spam is so two years ago.!

We had changes, and government thought it was right and to let people know we are going to function like an allaince without dan..

Edited by kobiashiy

What happened to the old charter? if i do recall it says it most be voted on to amend it, not just change it over night and throw it away -_-

Well you aren't in that alliance anymore now are you? It also seems as if you have deserted them.

Thats good ol' Dan Marino for you.

Edited by xR1 Fatal Instinct

Well you aren't in that alliance anymore now are you? It also seems as if you have deserted them

you know nothing of the situation, and besides i didnt desert them, if you wanna know the real deal query me on irc

xR1 Fatal Instinct This is not the first time you have come off saying you know everything that is going on here, and not the first from FK.

Also Dan didn't ditch BOLT, he did not betray, he did not do anything wrong. He left Cillan in charge, Kobiashiy went behind most of BOLT's back, changed the gov, changed the charter w/o anything, and opened a vote where no1 voted except a select few.

Peace out BOLT, it was fun, till now.

As one of the older nations in the former alliance of Yellow Guard, and government aide to Count Dan Marino, I shall attempt to explain in more detail what events led up to this moment, as reading Kobiashiy's post leaves me out of breath.

When I joined Yellow Guard, there seemed to be little of what resembled a government, as the alliance was still young, but with Dan Marino as self-appointed Count and founder, it was on its way. I joined, and displaced Sir Exodus from his position of Triumvir of Internal Affairs almost immediately upon my arrival, due to my greater experience, and Sir Exodus was assigned to be Triumvir of Foreign Affairs. This was the first of instant government changes that I witnessed, and this new government was announced formally:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=58908

With me effectively as Dan's second-in-command, we set about expanding, with me heading up internal affairs by recruiting, and trying to get the alliance more efficient, and Dan assuming control of Yellow Guard's foreign affairs. Dan Marino told me of several discussions with other alliances, most notably GRAN becoming protectors of YG. Then came several more discussions involving Rubber Ducky Division (RDD), Big Top Order (BTO), Global Defence Initiative (GDI), (mentions of) Galactic Imperium, and White Knights Entente.

As the alliance was still young, I considered becoming a protectorate of GRAN a good idea, and getting friendships with other similar-sized alliances also a smart move. However the only treaty that materialised was a PIAT between White Knights Entente (WKE) and YG. Some current YG government members (at this point, Comrade Nikonov, Juan M, and AMan1500) signed the treaty, but not all members. There was no real public announcement to the rest of the alliance either, save for a post of the treaty on the forums:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Yellow_Guard/in...p?showtopic=129

As more of Dan Marino's friends joined Yellow Guard and received government positions, several people were replaced, myself including. Speaking for myself at this point, although I was not particularly upset or angry at the decision, I was more confused as to how, once again, Dan Marino had quickly and very informally changed the government, without consulting anyone else in the alliance and accommodating for his friends, which went against what was implied in the charter he had set out; suggesting that a vote were necessary to change government positions. This continued with the induction of Mhaister Cillan.

At this point, a sudden merger with WKE was decided, and we each received an in-game message telling us of the merger to become -BOLT-:

Hello, i am Dan Marino, creator and Count of Yellow Guard. We have found that it was in our best interest to merge into our long time friends "White Knights Entente". Over the past few weeks we have been going into the same direction, bonding together. We have now merged into a neutral name -BOLT-. So were asking you to switch your alliance affiliation to -BOLT-. To do this go to edit my nation, alliance affiliation then click specify other. Once there type in -BOLT-. Our new -BOLT- forums are located here:http://s1.zetaboards.com/CNBOLT/index/

Register an account and apply

This merger had not been discussed with any member in the alliance, not even Mhaister Cillan who Dan Marino had appointed as his second-in-command, so was a huge surprise to all. As can be expected from a surprise merger, it was not pulled off well. Even now, a significant proportion of members from both YG and WKE remain in the old alliance affiliations, and only a small portion of the alliance body signed up to the new forums that were made, also with no consultation.

As members began to trickle into the new forums, hopes began to rise whether this merger might actually work, with a combined government, still headed by Dan Marino. The charter remained similar to the Yellow Guard charter, granting ultimate power to the leader (I use the title "leader" as government positions' titles were subject to change on a nearly daily basis), and power to triumvirate members. The voting on ministerial places never occurred, as it should have, according to the charter, and everything seemed like Dan Marino was operating the alliance, not as an alliance and group of people and their nations, but more as an IMAGE of an alliance. Points in the charter were not upheld as it was changed without any consultation or vote, and government positions were subject to change at Dan's will, and there was a distinct lack of ministers.

As doubts began to rise over how the newly founded -BOLT- would actually work and survive, Dan Marino posted his resignation, once again, and at this point, may I say, somewhat unsurprising:

Hello -BOLT-, today i am announcing a new emperor of -BOLT- he has shown more activity and the want to help -BOLT- and his name is mhaister cillan. Mhaister Cillan i am handing you the keys to the alliance, i Dan Marino cannot continue to lead for -BOLT- to be successful and have found my interests belonging in Ragnarok for me to just chill. I need to think and regroup as leading is not in my biggest interests at the moment. So mhaister cillan congrats.

You have earned the position and i want you to lead -BOLT- into a good direction, good luck my friend.

Sincerly, Dan Marino

I believe I was actually one of the first people to read this announcement, but whether or not he had already discussed the topic with Mhaister Cillan is unclear, as Mhaister Cillan proves not to be as active as Dan's resignation letter implies. We do know for a fact though, that no one else in the alliance had been told, or even notified of Dan's thoughts about leaving, and was as spontaneous as ever.

As more members of -BOLT- and its government read the message, there was a hysterical wave of "WTF" travelling through the ranks of those members online at the time. Not only was the resignation abrupt and unforeseen, it was seen to be inconsiderate towards the alliance. The appointment of Mhaister Cillan as the new Emperor also came under controversy, as I don't think anyone agreed with the decision.

So, members of -BOLT- on IRC at the time, not including Mhaister Cillan, nearly unanimously disagreed and decided to appoint Kobiashiy as new Emperor, being the President of the former WKE. A new government was appointed, although the positions remained unclear for a while, comprised of Kobiashy, The Reccesion, Jazzy95, myself (The G Ratasaurus Rex), Wing ruler and AMan1500, as the most appropriate members, due to levels of experience, activity, and loyalty, with CPOTC and Nakmeath being honorary members and witnesses to the event.

Messages have been sent out to all members informing them of the recent events, and consequences. New forums have been created here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/CN_BOLT/index.php?act=idx

with the intention of starting afresh, but under the same name of -BOLT-. A new government system has been introduced, including a Council of Regents that will represent the alliance body and be voted on. Main government positions were recently confirmed by Kobiashiy in a democratic manner:

Emperor - Kobiashiy

Imperial Regent - The Reccesion

Triumvirate:

Triumvir of Internal Affairs: Jazzy95

Triumvir of External Affairs: The G Ratasaurus Rex

Triumvir of War: AMan1500

Council Regent positions have not yet been confirmed.

This account has been written to be as neutral as possible, and to outline the events which led up to a re-declaration of existence of the alliance -BOLT- and its new government, so as to inform as many people as possible, reduce confusion/disagreement over events, and provide a history of the very shaky and explosive start to -BOLT-'s creation.

(I do understand that my writing style implies some disapproval of some areas and decisions, but if I may be so bold as to say, I think this reflects the general opinion of the majority of the most active members.)

The G Ratasaurus Rex

It seems a bunch of this stuff should be held in private. .. Another example how MERGES are not the answer when you hit a road block in your alliance . anyway I hope you guys can get it lined out and runing ..

GOOD LUCK !!!

It seems a bunch of this stuff should be held in private. .. Another example how MERGES are not the answer when you hit a road block in your alliance . anyway I hope you guys can get it lined out and runing ..

GOOD LUCK !!!

The ultimate fact is, that there was no road block in the alliance. The merger came out of nowhere, and in my opinion, was unnecessary. We're still slowly piecing together the two alliances. But if there had been even 3 days warning, this would've been so much easier. Obviously a week or two would've been nicer. Ultimately no merger would have worked equally as well.

Imho, I think Dan was too concerned with creating a large alliance and increasing NS, rather than running an alliance. That's what it seemed like to me anyway.