Number of Alliances in your CN "career"

SmashBrother299

Alliances  

652 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With this alliance hopping talk floating around, I am interested to see how many alliances the average CN'er has been in.

Feel free to name your past alliances, give reasons for leaving, and please answer the second question if you will.

Thanks for your time! :lol1:

I have to think for a bit to make sure I remember the alliances I've been in.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freak Safari (I left), Legio-X (it merged into The Dark Evolution) and FACE.

Been here for 570 days. So, don't know if that's a lot or a little as far as alliances.

People with over 5? Eh, depends on the circumstances. Disbandments, mergers, etc. often lead to people leaving alliances that they may not have wanted to previously, I certainly wouldn't hold that against them.

VI

I started off in NADC for a good while. (5 months?)

MCXA for a month or two.

Polaris for a while, t'was great fun. (Hi Sponge!)

Finally moved off blue into NPO.

I applied to TOP, but I believe this was at the time of the BLEU war, so the application process was quite long.

I decided that I wasn't going to get in, and went to MHA, made friends there.

After a few months there I applied to TOP, and here I will stay.

I think I was in GDA for a couple days somewhere in there as well, lol

I usually stay in an alliance for a few months unless I really don't like it or disagree with their views. :)

EDIT: I'm 857 days old, so, not counting GDA, I've spent an average of 857/6 = 143 days or almost 5 months in each alliance.

Edited by SmashBrother299

Started in TTK (6 months) -> MRA(3 months ->peace term) -> ONOS(2 weeks, didn't like it) -> TTK(6 months) -> GOD(1 year) -> MA (6 months) - > Tuatha (6 months)

or something along those lines, so 6 in a total of 1,035 days. I really think I have been in too many alliance, but both Tuatha and MRA have been small alliances, never with more than 50 members. I just wasn't feeling ONOS (which was a short stay.)

If someone did what i did in a year... yeah that's probably too much.

(edit: if you average it out, it's just about 6 months per alliance)

Edited by CptGodzilla

I would say that people who change alliances more than once ever roughly six months change too often (not really including the "ok I don't see myself fitting in here" situations where people leave after a few days or weeks).

Two or maybe four depending on how you look at it.

NAAC, then Order of the Black Rose. But the OBR sends Knights on Quest, so I have also been fortunate enough to have been a member of the Greenland Republic and New Polar Order.

I agree with Doitzel and Sponge, four seems like too many, even for two characters over three years of time.

Legion for like a month or two but left for CDS to fight in GWII, stayed in CDS for several months then after the )): coup )): made my own alliance, DefCon. I was in DefCon for around a year and a half, with brief stays in Auric Armada and TOP. Then in January DefCon merged into TOOL, been there ever since.

During UJW, DefCon members merc'd for CDS since they were the only alliance I believe we were allied with (only a PIAT :awesome:), and I may or may not have been in COLD during the GWIII drama, I seriously can't remember... Geez my memory sucks. If I was it was for one day though.

It may sound like a lot but like half was in DefCon, then a bit under a fourth in CDS and bit under a fourth in TOOL, with a short stay here and there. :P

GOLD for about a month before they dissolved in the UJW.

TPF

Poison Clan

Grämlins

Alpha Omega

TPF

It is not an easy thing to find a group that shares a majority of your goals.

It is best to find a group that you call friend.

hmm a lot.

I try to give every alliance i am in 100% while I am there but if an alliance goes in a direction I am strongly opposed to I will leave it.

I left 2 alliances due to disbandment 1 because I really thought I was quitting the game 1 for reasons that will soon become apparent and teh rest because I didn't agree with the direction of the alliance and all efforts to change that direction failed.

3 - The Mafia (9 months) The Brigade (2 weeks) The Immortals (ongoing, currently 10 months to the day)

Like others, I don;t think there is a specific number that constitutes as 'too many'. I think a better indicator is avg time in an alliance. if someone is 5 months old and in 5 alliances, then yea, that's a lot. but if they are 3 years old, that's a different story.