Nordreich

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nain!
The photo on Wikipedia is wrong!
The G is characterized by a gun mantle that is flat and NOT rounded in the bottom part!
The new design was meant to avoid the deflection of enemy projectile towards the bottom (because in that zone the armor was very thin) - in other words, the new design eliminated the "shoot-trap" of the first two versions, and maked the Ausf G quite different - this is an Ausf G
panther_Ausf._G.jpg

My woman sometimes is jealous of tanks and airplanes of WW2: she says there's something erotic in the way I look these objects when I'm in a museum. I admit I have a passion for ALL things regarding WW2, but she's clearly exaggerated... :-)

Spider.

I checked: probably you're right.
My Enciclopedia of German Tanks of WW2 by Chamberlain, Doyle AND Thomas Jentz said June 1944 for the introduction of the new mantlet. But mine is a first edition, and I'm aware there's around a revised edition with some errors corrected. You quote "Panzer Tracts" that is even more new, so probably your source is more reliable.

Spider.

I checked: probably you're right.
My Enciclopedia of German Tanks of WW2 by Chamberlain, Doyle AND Thomas Jentz said June 1944 for the introduction of the new mantlet. But mine is a first edition, and I'm aware there's around a revised edition with some errors corrected. You quote "Panzer Tracts" that is even more new, so probably your source is more reliable.

Spider.

You should come discuss tanks with us sometime. http://cybernations.nordreich.eu/index.php

• 2 weeks later...

On the freeing Bob from Communism bit, I think you need to step up your game a little bit. I still see quite a few filthy red's running around.

To my eternal shame, in every war except one we've been on the same side. (I'm talking about INT, not the wannabes.)

• 2 weeks later...