TWiP and Tattler Present: Reyne Mordigan's Greatest Hits

You say that as though our alliance wasn't founded unde the wing of the GOONS?

Being founded under a wing and being run by for most of your existance aren't the same thing, besides i see a lot more of noWedge in Valhalla then I do of GOONS in MK.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being founded under a wing and being run by for most of your existance aren't the same thing, besides i see a lot more of noWedge in Valhalla then I do of GOONS in MK.

I'm sorry, but I don't judge NpO based upon Electron Sponge, why do you insist on judging Valhalla based upon the actions of NoWedge? NoWedge is gone, there was a sigh of of relief in Valhalla when it happened. End of story.

TPF surrendered during GW IV (the UJW if you must...), but did so after only after the OOC character incident involving Bilrow. It was a matter of principle and had absolutely noting to do with their level of courage during war time--which I have never doubted. If Sponge accepted their surrender quickly, it was only because they weren't the main targets.

But hey, I'm getting used to friends making b.s. statements these days about GW IV and its origins for political purposes.

If you want the facts from the UJP side, speak to me or Slayer.

EDIT: closed quote tag

It was the easy way out. We had no money left, really we didn't, it would have been a slaughter otherwise. A number of alliances followed suit, but TPF was the first to use it as an excuse to back out.

Again, I'm not spinning things, this was at a time when emphasis was placed on banks and not everyone being their own bank, so warchests weren't the norm. TPF suffered during the UJW as a result, and took the first opportunity to get out.

I'm sorry, but I don't judge NpO based upon Electron Sponge, why do you insist on judging Valhalla based upon the actions of NoWedge? NoWedge is gone, there was a sigh of of relief in Valhalla when it happened. End of story.

This is where you are wrong. NpO was judged based upon sponges past actions even though he no longer had a nation and wasn't involved in the alliance. It's nice to see you have re-assumed the role you are very familiar with Hal. Spouting inaccurate and untruthful claims because they are the party line.

Edited by AirMe

Oh, wow. Two whole anarchies. You are certainly single-handedly destroying the resistance. I myself, just sent my 50th enemy of Vox Populi into anarchy. One of which, if I recall correctly, was you. So, do me a favor and don't pretend to be tough when you couldn't take on any of us without calling in some help.

Hehheh that's news to me, will that be in the next TWiP?

This is where you are wrong. NpO was judged based upon sponges past actions even though he no longer had a nation and wasn't involved in the alliance. It's nice to see you have re-assumed the role you are very familiar with Hal. Spouting inaccurate and untruthful claims because they are the party line.

The planning to take down sponge and NpO had been in the works for months, why let something like sponge no longer having a nation and being removed from power stand in the way of a good plan?

So, you did not support the war against NpO?

You crack me up dude.

I seem to remember you being quite willing to roll Polar based on the actions of Sponge this past summer despite his lack of government position. Besides that I am not judging Valhalla on noWedge's actions I am stating that he left his mark there and it shows through in the attitudes of many of its members.

It was the easy way out. We had no money left, really we didn't, it would have been a slaughter otherwise. A number of alliances followed suit, but TPF was the first to use it as an excuse to back out.

Again, I'm not spinning things, this was at a time when emphasis was placed on banks and not everyone being their own bank, so warchests weren't the norm. TPF suffered during the UJW as a result, and took the first opportunity to get out.

You weren't the only ones out of money...\m/ didn't exactly have the world's greats logistics system and what war banks we did have were overwhelmed as we were facing something like 3:1 odds. My recollection from my conversations with Slayer just after the war is that while TPF had shot its bolt, the whole Bilrow thing figured prominently in the decision. Would TPF have dropped out anyway eventually? It was a matter of days most likely. Virillus and I were already talking about trying to pull back some \m/ nations that were banged up and trying to start some sort of rotation (I had lost about half by infra by then and was fighting 6 nations so I wasn't one of them). We knew things weren't better at TPF and in fact several alliances on both sides were beginning to exhaust themselves. Nuke war does that and this was total nuke war.

No, I'd say a lot of things about TPF. Cowards? That's laughable.

You weren't the only ones out of money...\m/ didn't exactly have the world's greats logistics system and what war banks we did have were overwhelmed as we were facing something like 3:1 odds. My recollection from my conversations with Slayer just after the war is that while TPF had shot its bolt, the whole Bilrow thing figured prominently in the decision. Would TPF have dropped out anyway eventually? It was a matter of days most likely. Virillus and I were already talking about trying to pull back some \m/ nations that were banged up and trying to start some sort of rotation (I had lost about half by infra by then and was fighting 6 nations so I wasn't one of them). We knew things weren't better at TPF and in fact several alliances on both sides were beginning to exhaust themselves. Nuke war does that and this was total nuke war.

Dude, i had to bail out JBone, the head of TPFs military at the time, who had NOTHING. He sold all his land in order to get a little extra cash after like the 3rd day, and I only had 25 million for the war, and ended up sending out 12 of it just to keep people rolling.

TPF was completely unprepared for war, and the OOC stuff came at a very opportune time, and I don't blame slayer for taking it (I did at the time, I don't now), because really, it would have been lights out for TPF otherwise.

And I never called TPF cowards. Not once. So .. I honestly don't know where you're getting that from or why you said that last bit.

Sorry you were on the wrong side of that fight. Had you actually, oh I don't know, listened when Ragnarok tried to get you to come down off the ledge and recognize who your friends were, you wouldn't have taken a single NPO nuke. But hey, when an ally asks you point blank if you will roll with them and you hem and haw and do everything but give a direct answer, you get canceled on and left hanging in the breeze for the steamroller.

Also, half of Planet Bob wanted some payback against BLEU before that war, whether it was for something BLEU did, NpO did or one of the other separate alliances did from September 2007 forward. If you don't recognize that war was about more than just Sponge, then I guess you should just stick to something you are good at: radio.

The war is now long over. Hell it was long over when I negotiated the treaty making Rok and Polaris treaty partners. Polaris was a different alliance and I recognized it. Valhalla was a different alliance almost immediately when NoWedge departed. I've talked to many of the people who were in Valhalla about NoWedge and their feelings about him. Have you? I'm guessing not.

The TPF vs Polar front wasn't nuclear, except for a few nuclear rogue's. The Genmay \m/, GOON, Golden sabres and MK front were fully nuclear in the UJW. The others were conventional.

Sorry you were on the wrong side of that fight. Had you actually, oh I don't know, listened when Ragnarok tried to get you to come down off the ledge and recognize who your friends were, you wouldn't have taken a single NPO nuke. But hey, when an ally asks you point blank if you will roll with them and you hem and haw and do everything but give a direct answer, you get canceled on and left hanging in the breeze for the steamroller.

Also, half of Planet Bob wanted some payback against BLEU before that war, whether it was for something BLEU did, NpO did or one of the other separate alliances did from September 2007 forward. If you don't recognize that war was about more than just Sponge, then I guess you should just stick to something you are good at: radio.

The war is now long over. Hell it was long over when I negotiated the treaty making Rok and Polaris treaty partners. Polaris was a different alliance and I recognized it. Valhalla was a different alliance almost immediately when NoWedge departed. I've talked to many of the people who were in Valhalla about NoWedge and their feelings about him. Have you? I'm guessing not.

I don't regret one bit the course that MK has taken. We know who our friends are now. We know who will follow us to hell and back because they have PROVED that they will. The question you claim that was asked of us, was never asked. We were asked BY you guys if STA was attacked for defending NpO would we defend them. We said no, and STA KNEW THIS, that is why there was a no stacking clause written in to the treaty. You guys were the ones making wild assumptions.

You also realize that we got dragged into the war by Valhalla and GGA and not by STA or Polar? So that negates your argument. Ironchef and chefjoe had to resort to attempting to blackmail Hyperion to draw us into the war. BTW, you wouldn't have been able to help with that because you went off and signed MDoAP's with both of them even though they had been trying to roll us for a year.

Before you go spouting your mouth off thinking you have the moral high ground, go back and look at the actual facts and events and you will find that the ground your standing on is about as stable as mountain of shale on the San Andreas fault.

Valhalla still runs around like a bunch over aggressive bungholes like they did when noWedge was the leader. What exactly has changed about them other than a different head of state?

EDIT: I will not post about this further because it is taking the thread off topic and it has been proven over and over again that arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall anyways. It won't get me anywhere. So I bid this thread adieu.

Edited by AirMe

So, you did not support the war against NpO?

You crack me up dude.

Supported it? I enthusiastically helped to take OcUK and put them in the grave along with my Ragnarok comrades and was part of the force that knocked NV to the ground. All in support of taking down Polaris.

I was, as I stated, also the one that was instrumental in pursuing a MDoAP pact with Polaris after the war was over. Times change. Warriors become diplomats. Diplomats become warriors again.

NoWedge has been gone for a *long* time. As in, close to a year. The comparison of past leaders is nothing short of silly. You all want to complain about a leader that we threw out about a year ago, fine by me, I don't think I'll even respond to it again. Waste of my breath. We condemned him, we tossed him, and we have moved on.

As for the embassy situation, we have worked things out in private channels. Was the post inappropriate? I think so; I think there were many better ways to resolve that issue. Does a major misstep automatically put us into the nW category? You are, of course, free to think what you like. Me, I don't automatically figure any alliance that commits a faux pas is zomgnW! Else there would be an awful lot of noWedges running around here :P

As a neutral party during UJP, I was completely appalled at the actions taken, and I have nothing but respect for TPF's refusal to support such garbage.

What any of this has to do with the attack on Reyne, I'm sure I don't know. Just putting that out there ;)

A different alliance with the same government it had when you lot rolled them, calling their government "incompetent", "aggressive", and "malignant"? Give me a bloody break.

NoWedge has been gone for a *long* time. As in, close to a year. The comparison of past leaders is nothing short of silly. You all want to complain about a leader that we threw out about a year ago, fine by me, I don't think I'll even respond to it again. Waste of my breath. We condemned him, we tossed him, and we have moved on.

As for the embassy situation, we have worked things out in private channels. Was the post inappropriate? I think so; I think there were many better ways to resolve that issue. Does a major misstep automatically put us into the nW category? You are, of course, free to think what you like. Me, I don't automatically figure any alliance that commits a faux pas is zomgnW! Else there would be an awful lot of noWedges running around here :P

As a neutral party during UJP, I was completely appalled at the actions taken, and I have nothing but respect for TPF's refusal to support such garbage.

What any of this has to do with the attack on Reyne, I'm sure I don't know. Just putting that out there ;)

I think a lot of people are actually complaining about the current leaders, and not nowedge. They're saying nothing has changed since then... I think that's fairly obvious to see, actually.

The TPF vs Polar front wasn't nuclear, except for a few nuclear rogue's. The Genmay \m/, GOON, Golden sabres and MK front were fully nuclear in the UJW. The others were conventional.

I would beg to differ, if only because they weren't treated as "rogues". I know I was fighting conventionally and was first strike nuked because that nation was nuked by \m/ or MK.

Also, TPF was unprepared. We were better off than we would have been if others had been successful in starting the war early (which came close to happening for about 3 weekends before it broke out), but we didn't have much warning. Some UJP alliances were ready to go and we kinda had to jump on the bandwagon as it flew by.

I would beg to differ, if only because they weren't treated as "rogues". I know I was fighting conventionally and was first strike nuked because that nation was nuked by \m/ or MK.

Also, TPF was unprepared. We were better off than we would have been if others had been successful in starting the war early (which came close to happening for about 3 weekends before it broke out), but we didn't have much warning. Some UJP alliances were ready to go and we kinda had to jump on the bandwagon as it flew by.

We had plenty of warning. Slayer, everyone, knew of tensions MONTHS in advance. While I was in \m/, we knew of tensions and we were preparing (albeit slightly) for what might come.

The writing was on the wall, but for whatever reason, the writing was ignored. We were unprepared because we weren't told to be prepared, even though it was clear as day as to what was coming. And the TPF fight wasn't full nuclear, don't kid yourself into thinking it was a nuclear front.