Welcome: The New Open National RP Forum

Severus Snape

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, writing up the difference between Game-related RP and Game-based RP is going to be a tedious nightmare. )):

Well, we all know you didn't get to your level of moderator (if it's even low enough to be called moderator) by not being good at writing.

I'm thinking something along the lines of that one is "false" or "fictional" would be the best way to separate game-related from game-based. (heck, I can't even tell the difference right now, and I've been RP'ing for quite some time)"Fictitious Cybernations Roleplaying" and "Cybernations Roleplaying"?

I'm not sure how to spell it out more simply. CNRP is an RP created by players and for players. The moderation team is not going to sanction it as the official RP by giving it an exclusive subforum nor are we going to prohibit other RPs which have just as much right as you to post in an RP section. What we have done for you is split up RP forums so people roleplaying their in-game nation have a place to do so without being crowded out, but in no way shape or form are we going to encourage CNRP supremacy over the fantasty RP subforum. It is not difficult to tag your roleplays with [CNRP] nor is it difficult to ignore threads without [CNRP]. If someone is doing an RP you dislike no one is forcing you to read it.

Translated into polite:

Thank you all for your useful comments. But i feel i must make it quite clear, that CNRP is an RP that has been created for players, and by players. Please understand that the moderation team cannot sanction CNRP as an 'official' RP, not can we prohibit other RP's from posting in the RP section, afterall they have as much right to exist and the same status as CNRP. What we have done for you however is split the RP forums up so that people role playing their in game nation can do so without having to compete with non game RPs in this busy forum. You must understand that we cannot encourage CNRP to take over the fantasy sub forum.

As has been suggested in this thread, you can tag your new threads [CNRP] and it is quite simple to ignore threads without this tag.

Because you way it reads, your seem very dismissive of the 100's of threads over many months that made CNRP what it was. You (thankfully) asked for comments. Do not get adverserial when they are made.

Of course it is fully understandable why you cannot 'sanction' CNRP over other RPs. But i don't see it working very well with this set up. It is a major shift in policy on how CNRP is treated, so you must understand that people will have opinions on it.

Perhaps we should see how the tagging idea works out. As a half way house, could there be a single 'sticky' outlining each popular RP and important threads (there is only one at the moment).

The Tagging Idea is horrible, especially since maelstrom decided it would be brilliant to create an RP which is CNRP but with an S at the end. Confusion, there will be.

At least in the News Reports section, CNRP seemed sanctioned, with our rules and map pinned. I don't see why giving us our own subforum is too difficult. That way people can have their magic and anime on one and the rest of us can CNRP on the other

The Tagging Idea is horrible, especially since maelstrom decided it would be brilliant to create an RP which is CNRP but with an S at the end. Confusion, there will be.

At least in the News Reports section, CNRP seemed sanctioned, with our rules and map pinned. I don't see why giving us our own subforum is too difficult. That way people can have their magic and anime on one and the rest of us can CNRP on the other

It takes me seconds to do that. ;)

But they're worried about moderation. Appoint GM's then. Sargun and Mercy were doing good. I even asked on IRC on peopls opinions of I would be a good GM and they said "yes, he seems unbiased" (I can find the logs if youl ike, but I'd rather not so post if you think so).

Of course, it seems like CNRPS is the next big thing. CNRP is dieing. If CNRPS becuase really big, then I'd suggest we move it to my forums (its a clicky).

Because on a multiple-times-weekly basis under the News Reports section our moderators were bogged down making decisions based on the intricate rules and regulations that were designed by players in the CNRP world. That is a very problematic precedent and we are not going to enforce rules and we are not going to give any official status to ANY rules that are not written and enforced by the moderation staff. I have said this again and again.

It takes me seconds to do that. ;)

But they're worried about moderation. Appoint GM's then. Sargun and Mercy were doing good. I even asked on IRC on peopls opinions of I would be a good GM and they said "yes, he seems unbiased" (I can find the logs if youl ike, but I'd rather not so post if you think so).

Of course, it seems like CNRPS is the next big thing. CNRP is dieing. If CNRPS becuase really big, then I'd suggest we move it to my forums (its a clicky).

It is staggering that after I have repeatedly stated our position on this and asked for constructive criticism, even in the midst of receiving such criticism, you continue to make posts like this. For someone trying to "defend" CNRP you seem awfully convinced of its doom and your posts seem centred on nothing short of blatant advertising of your own RP forum. I will remind you that advertising is against the rules. Or would you like me to sign up on your forums now, and start spamming advertisements for CN and its RP forums everywhere?

-----------------------------

Lynneth's suggestion is a good one and I think we will move forward with that, sans the subforums. Indeed we went with minimal subforums here to start because it was the general consensus that subforums are activity-killers and intimidating to newbies, but I definitely understand the "clutter" argument -- the first two or three pages of News Reports were active 24 hours backward.

Please remember that it will take me time to re-write the rules a bit and/or incorporate a new forum. Please also remember that during this time rule violations and whatnot are not best sent to me but cycled appropriately through the moderator hierarchy as explained here. The more PMs and thread moves and disputes I have to deal with the less time I have to work on getting things set up as they need to be.

This thread will, of course, remain open for further brainstorming in case someone gets hit by proverbial lightning. I only ask that it remain civil and constructive and that you actually read what I've had to say.

Constructive criticism, eh? Well, I'd say hold off on a new forum for CNRPS. One, less work for you, two we don't know if there will be enough people that will want it (and justify makign a new forum).

Like what Lynneth said (which I agreed to a while ago ;)).

As a side note, I made those other forums just in case CNRPS got quite popular but the mod's wouldn't want to make a sub-forum (more work for moderating, etc); so I could help in a way.

Edited by JerreyRough

Question, what stopping me pretty much importing say, LW RP onto the fantasy forum using CN IG stats? Or RP based on something totally different to CN, but it happens to use the IG CN stats?

Say far future?

Total fantasy?

Magic?

Zombies?

Currently, nothing. I think all RPs in these forums should conform to the spirit of the IG game, and this would stop the snow ball.

Question, what stopping me pretty much importing say, LW RP onto the fantasy forum using CN IG stats? Or RP based on something totally different to CN, but it happens to use the IG CN stats?

Say far future?

Total fantasy?

Magic?

Zombies?

Currently, nothing. I think all RPs in these forums should conform to the spirit of the IG game, and this would stop the snow ball.

This isn't news reports. This is a general RP forum. I'm not completly sure what you said there, but this forum is just for people to RP in. Which means people can make whatever RP they want (other than responding to larger RP's, like CNRP). It would be nice if its based off of CN, sure, but as I said this is a general RP forums. Wait untill a mod rules on this.

At the mod's: could you straighten out what is happening in this thread? CNRPS is getting "attacked" by CNRP-loyalists becuase there's made-up creatures on it.

This isn't news reports. This is a general RP forum. I'm not completly sure what you said there, but this forum is just for people to RP in. Which means people can make whatever RP they want (other than responding to larger RP's, like CNRP). It would be nice if its based off of CN, sure, but as I said this is a general RP forums. Wait untill a mod rules on this.

At the mod's: could you straighten out what is happening in this thread? CNRPS is getting "attacked" by CNRP-loyalists becuase there's made-up creatures on it.

Good, so behold, my magic magical zombie mechs?