Welcome: The New Open National RP Forum

Severus Snape

Snape, I want to clarify something..

You're telling me I could write up my own Cannon, including the allowance of mergers.. etc.. and those who wanted to could play by it if they wished to? I would just have to write an ooc post with all the guidelines being used in that RP.. and then people can just tag the RP and participate in it?

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course i may be completely wrong, things may just continue as they have done.....

That could work, but then you'd have to differentiate each large, active RP community in each thread which relates to it. For CNRP i guess you could just put CNRP at the front of each thread title. Then quite a lot of work for your team, figuring out which one was 'large' enough to warrant it. And if multiple worlds arise...

They don't even necessarily have to be large, just active with 5 or so players. Our RP Moderator team is able to keep up with the demand I think. And the CNRP label doesn't even have to be at the front of each thread title (though that would be the most obvious), it could be in the subtitle or even the thread itself. As I understand it that was something that used to be done anyway?

A subforum would be the best one. Its easy to do, and less confusion. OOC can still stay here; I don't care where it is as long as its easy to get to.

We are not giving an entire subforum just to a single RP. Doing so creates all sorts of problems with moderation, especially of rules created by players rather than moderators. You are all complaining that not having your threads pinned stifles your RP and ruins your structure -- what of other RPs? Does it not ruin their chances to grow and develop the way CNRP has if all the threads pinned at the top of the forum are dedicated to CNRP, or worse if CNRP has its own subforum? It is special treatment to a certain community. The means to conduct your RP are at your disposal already and you can do it without having an entire forum to yourself.

EDIT: I also don't like the whole "Imagination" thing in your description, Snape. It leads me to believe that anything goes in the subforum, and that it's going to bring in a lot of people who want to RP giant hover tanks and stuff, which is seriously going to ruin CNRP's structure as reality based. It's all looking like a good way to dissolve CNRP in it's entirety, which would seriously be a shame.

If you do not want those things in your RP then have a discussion and do not allow them in your RP.

I'd like to echo njndirish's concern about Sport RP. I think that, since the events require sign-up and since it's run in a dramatically different fashion from most RP, there should be a separate subforum for sport so:

1. major CN sport events don't get lost in the crowd of RP topics.

2. event organisers such as njndirish, PremierApex, and Botha don't have to go back and forth between two forums to set the event up. It's easy to lose track of threads that way. When you're dealing with multiple external applications as well as forums, this can prove frustrating to the organiser.

There was maybe half a dozen IC active sports RPs in the Sports Forum. I didn't and don't consider that enough to warrant its own forum as it fits just as well into the Fantasy RP forum: you have a sign-up/explanation thread in the OOC forum and then a thread as usual in the Fantasy RP forum. What is the issue with this?

You're telling me I could write up my own Cannon, including the allowance of mergers.. etc.. and those who wanted to could play by it if they wished to? I would just have to write an ooc post with all the guidelines being used in that RP.. and then people can just tag the RP and participate in it?

Yes, you absolutely can.

Yes, you absolutely can.

I like that alot. B)

So, I'm just trying to make things clear here so I understand it better.

Making these threads...

...stickied in the Fantasy sub-forum wouldn't be enough together with using a CNRP tag together with all threads related to CNRP?

Sooo...tell me again why all was compressed?? Wasn't this originally to put News Reports back into its original purpose. For people making news about their IG nation?

I thought this whole was all about the fact that CNRP had gotten quite large, basically conqured News Reports, and that the two forums would make the split between people wanting to do Non-CNRP stuff, while we got filed away into a sub forum like the trade circles did.

Basically CNRP would combine with the sports Rpers, but that wouldn't be much of an issue I think.

Sooo...tell me again why all was compressed?? Wasn't this originally to put News Reports back into its original purpose. For people making news about their IG nation?

I thought this whole was all about the fact that CNRP had gotten quite large, basically conqured News Reports, and that the two forums would make the split between people wanting to do Non-CNRP stuff, while we got filed away into a sub forum like the trade circles did.

Basically CNRP would combine with the sports Rpers, but that wouldn't be much of an issue I think.

This is almost exactly what I thought would happen, versus what actually did, which seems to be the opposite...

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

What did you think 'Game-related RP' was?

This is what has happened except you seem to be having difficulty grasping that perhaps other people will want to develop their own RPs with the liberty CNRP has developed and that maybe you should share a forum. This wasn't possible before because there was no place to do it, except perhaps News Reports, which was completely hijacked by the CNRP crowd which demanded stickies and whatnot, further killing any possibility for anybody else to open their own roleplay arc.

Ladies and Gentlemen of Cybernations RolePlay, it is time for us to once again decide the future of our RolePlaying for now and evermore.

Since as long as most of us can remember, CNRP has been divided into four forums: News Reports, Global Politics, National and War, Characters and Sports. Three of these forums are no longer in use and almost all RPs have been crammed into the News Report forum. Now, we have forever maintained that people can RP without joining the "CNRP" (that is, the RP where we all agree upon rules, where people are, etc.). This continues to hold true but as of late, as there are "official threads" pinned to the top of the board, people have become confused and some think that they have to join our "CNRP" in order to use the News Reports forum.

This idea has been kicked around quite a bit and so here it is again (for voting and viewing pleasure):

Create a separate forum for the "CNRP" (the one with the map, tech rules, etc.) and a separate forum private RP's that can honestly do whatever they want (as they would only be affecting themselves and those they invite to RP with them).

This idea is beneficial to all parties involved as it allows for us "CNRPers" to finally have a single forum that we all use and that we know that all of the posts are meant for our "CNRP" purposes. This would allow for anyone (ourselves included) who wish to simply RP and do whatever they honestly felt like (within forum rules, of course) to do so as well.

On the other hand, CNRP is not fully unified, and because we will never fully agree, no version of CNRP should be considered official, while all otherversions be cast out. (Versions such as superweapons vs nosuperweapons) - Gebiv.

The future is in your hands. Please vote wisely.

I mean, isnt THIS what we had voted on in the first place so overwhelmingly?

Ugh, now we are going to have crazy storyline that don't use physics or science. Someone remind me why I came back.

EDIT: Great..now we have some kind of Spore RP, there goes the CN. I'm going to wait untill thursday night to see if the situation improves, otherwise i'm out of here, but this time for good reason unlike the last time I left.

Edited by BaronUberstein

Ugh, now we are going to have crazy storyline that don't use physics or science. Someone remind me why I came back.

EDIT: Great..now we have some kind of Spore RP, there goes the CN. I'm going to wait untill thursday night to see if the situation improves, otherwise i'm out of here, but this time for good reason unlike the last time I left.

No one is forcing you to participate in those RPs.

For the rest of you, I somewhat understand your point. A solution is being worked on that will hopefully ease some of your concerns without venturing into areas we mods feel best left untouched.

I'm not sure how to spell it out more simply. CNRP is an RP created by players and for players. The moderation team is not going to sanction it as the official RP by giving it an exclusive subforum nor are we going to prohibit other RPs which have just as much right as you to post in an RP section. What we have done for you is split up RP forums so people roleplaying their in-game nation have a place to do so without being crowded out, but in no way shape or form are we going to encourage CNRP supremacy over the fantasty RP subforum. It is not difficult to tag your roleplays with [CNRP] nor is it difficult to ignore threads without [CNRP]. If someone is doing an RP you dislike no one is forcing you to read it.

I would welcome suggestions for how you think this might improve without us granting CNRP official status with its own subforum and/or stickies?

Would splitting Fantasy RP into specific subforums like Politics & War, National, Characters & Sports, etc. resolve these issues? Or would doing something that gives things like and including CNRP -- that is, player-created alternative political realities -- its own subforum while other types of "fantasy" RP are left in the main forum be preferable?

We're not averse to compromise or feedback, here, but we have drawn the line on certain things that give a de facto staff endorsement of CNRP or any other RP for that matter, and we've little intention of creating a sanctioning system for the biggest RPs as has been suggested. We are taking your concerns here into consideration so please take ours into consideration as well.

Constructive criticism here, guys.

I would welcome suggestions for how you think this might improve without us granting CNRP official status with its own subforum and/or stickies?

Would splitting Fantasy RP into specific subforums like Politics & War, National, Characters & Sports, etc. resolve these issues? Or would doing something that gives things like and including CNRP -- that is, player-created alternative political realities -- its own subforum while other types of "fantasy" RP are left in the main forum be preferable?

We're not averse to compromise or feedback, here, but we have drawn the line on certain things that give a de facto staff endorsement of CNRP or any other RP for that matter, and we've little intention of creating a sanctioning system for the biggest RPs as has been suggested. We are taking your concerns here into consideration so please take ours into consideration as well.

Finally. I've been waiting a while for this. Thank-you, Snape.

A suggestion I have for the Fantasy Forum: Remove all CNRP-related pinned threads. (such as the map thread.) Those have always been by far the closest thing to a staff endorsement of CNRP.

Perhaps something like this:

- Normal game-related RP

- CN-based RP (such as CNRP)

- Fantasy-RP (Such as Mael's new try with fantasy-creatures)

and each having perhaps

- politics

- wars

- sports

etc. as subforums. Though this may actually make it worse. Dunno.

- Normal game-related RP

and each having perhaps

- politics

- wars

- sports

I believe a section uniquely for those who RP a nation related to their CN nation would be a good idea. It's a big difference from RP'ing the nation of France, Germany, China, the nation of Alice in Wonderland,or a land of dragons, than RP'ing the nation of, say, Tahoe, Ile de Noir, Rebel Virginia, or Transvaal. It was always my impression that RP started on these forums based on their CN nations. I propose a section for CN based RP'ing, where you play with your nation, but not the events happening to it.

- Normal game-related RP

and each having perhaps

- politics

- wars

- sports

This more than anything.

- Normal game-related RP

and each having perhaps

- politics

- wars

- sports

I like the 3 "Major" Sub-forums. I don't think the Sub-forums for the Sub-forums are necessary.